Bargain Hunting (IC)

Thevshi

Giang took a couple of steps backward after blocking aside the other Legion's attack. The first one was still buried under a pile of clothes, so was not much of a viable target at the moment. "I do no suppose you would be willing to tell me what you and the apparent copies of yourself are actually up to here." The Asian teen asked the opponent spinning the staff in front of her.

Not really waiting for an answer, Giang thrust both hands forward to send a jet of water blasting at the Legion that had just attacked her. The blast hit the young woman squarely, causing her to stagger backward slight from the force of the impact as a slight grunt of pain escaped her lips, although she otherwise remained on her feet and ready to counterattack.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crimson Tiger dashed forward and came from above with a quick jab. The moment her opponent moved to block, she turned and delivered a vicious snap kick to her side, hoping to drop her opponent.

"Okay, so, there are several of you, and you know martial arts. What are you even doing here?" She asked, exasperated. She hoped her friends were doing okay, but in the chaos, she really couldn't tell all that well. She was wondering how Thaelia and Tsumani were doing, and wondered if anyone had called the police. She also wondered where she got that neat collapsible staff from.

This time Thaelia's assault consisted of a jab cross combination.  Which Legion easily read slipping out of the way of both blows before one could hit their mark.  She was clearly less than pleased by the fact that her fists were being avoided.  Her jaw tightening as Legion continued to prove herself adept at avoiding Thaelia's glancing punches.  "Well then, I suppose that is enough of for the warm up. Come at me fiend."

The Glamazon waved the masked woman over. "If you wish to test how tough I am then swing to your heart's content.  The Daughter of the Seas does not bow from combat."

GM

Inside the outdoor clothing store, the Legion that had originally run into the store to rob it twisted and struggled as she sought to free herself from the tangle of clothing she had been blasted back through. She coughed a number of times as she finally managed to free herself and climb back up to her feet, soaking wet now having been blasted by Tsunami twice already. She certainly was feeling that second blast.

"Okay, no more miss nice girl." She stated as she readied her staff once more before glancing down at some of the clothes in the pile at her feet. "Though, that is a really nice coat I’ll have to try to remember to grab one on my way out."

The Legion facing off with Glamazon grinned slightly as she once again managed to dance away from the Atlantean's powerful fists. "Okay dear, if you're sure you want to do this…" She replied to Glamazon’s challenge as she rushed back forward, swinging her staff upward as if going for a chin strike only to quickly sweep it out to one side and deliver a powerful strike to the teen’s left side.

Although Legion focused on putting a bit more force behind the attack, Glamazon took the hit with only the slightest indication that it had even taken place. As Legion whipped her staff back to spin it in front of her, there was the slightest hint of hesitancy on her face.

Down on the lower level, Crimson Tiger had delivered a powerful blow to the Legion that had been attacking the security guards earlier. The young woman had been knocked off her feet and sent flying over into a fountain. The second Legion that had appeared was still up, facing Crimson Tiger as she appeared to be considering her next mover when the Thai heroine heard a now familiar voice call out from her side and turned to see another Legion vault into view.

"You certainly are persistent, I’ll give you that. But you gotta know you can't win here." The latest arrival stated as she spun her staff a few times as she entered a ready stance.

Up in front of the sports store, Tsunami was still facing off with the Legion who had taken one of her water blasts as she saw the other one free herself from the pile of clothes and prepare to reenter the fight. But then, the Asian teen heard another Legion call out to her from the side.

"You know, I am getting a bit sick of you and your water blasts. So I think it is about time to end this." The third Legion stated as she emerged from the gawking crowd off to Tsunami’s left.

GM

The second Legion that Crimson Tiger had been fighting rushed towards the red clad heroine, seemingly about to attack once more with her staff.  But as she closed with Crimson, the costumed villainess planted one end of the staff on the ground, using it as a leverage to vault herself up into the air so that she flipped over the heroine and landed nimbly on the opposite side.

But Crimson Tiger was far to experienced to fall for the clear attempt to catch her off guard so the newly arrived Legion could try an capitalize on the misdirection.

"So let's see how you handle these odds shall we?"  The Legion that had just withstood one of Tsunami's water blasts shouted as she closed back with the Asian teen, whipping her staff around once more, aiming at the teen's legs.  But Tsunami was easily able to dive to one side and cartwheel away from the attack, coming back up to her feet and considering the other two Legions that were preparing to close in from other sides.

The Legion that Crimson Tiger had knocked into fountain pushed herself upright, trying to get her bearings back.  She was clearly showing the signs of the martial artist's two attacks, but did not yet seem out of the fight.

"Well, that was worth a try."  Said the latest Legion to arrive on the scene, as she moved forward to attack Crimson, despite failed attempt to catch the heroine off guard. 

But as the young costumed criminal whipped her staff around, the attempted bluff proved unnecessary, as the end of staff caught Crimson Tiger on her left side with a audible *WHACK*.  Crimson felt a jolt of pain from the impact, but otherwise remained on her feet.

Giang landed lightly on her feet, adjusting her stance as she took in the position of the other two Legions that were spaced out around her.  She then focused back on the Legion that had just attacked her.  "Your numbers are not as much an advantage as you believe."  She said before taking a step forward with her right foot.

As the foot touched down, she pushed off with her other and turned on the spot, her arms swinging out to either side, her palms facing outward as she went.  Her head snapped around in the turn, focusing on each of the Legion's as she spun, a quick blast of water shooting out of one of her hands for each of the three targets.

All three blasts found their marks as Giang finished her turn in a low back stance, her right hand out in front of her while her left was extended behind her.

The Legion that had just attacked the Asian teen was knocked off her feet and flung a good twenty feet away, skidding slightly on the marble floors of the balcony.  She was clearly hurt by the blast, and appeared quite dazed as she tried to push herself up.

The newest Legion to arrive was also blasted off her feet, flying back to strike a column a short ways away before crumpling to a wet heap at its base.  She was also injured and dazed, fumbling slightly with her staff as she tried to get her bearings.

The first Legion that Giang had pursued was hit the hardest.  Knocked off her feet as well, she flew further back into the store to slam into one of the counter she had been standing on earlier.  She slumped on the ground, apparently unconscious, before she faded away as if she had never been there.

Mali groaned. That stung. She winced slightly, knowing that tomorrow she would probably have a rather sizable bruise. She looked at the girl she'd been hitting all that time and bolted forward. Immediately as her opponent swung, Mali dove and rolled, flipping back up on to her feet and slamming her foot into her opponent's stomach.

Again, her foe was knocked for a loop, but still on her feet. This was beginning to get bothersome. She knew her friends were probably dealing with as much if not more trouble as she was, but she couldn't do much to check up on them. Not yet anyway.

Thaelia smiled as she looked the masked woman over. If that was the worst she had to fear from her then it was a good enough time to stop warming up and start charging recklessly. "Liver, or was it my rib cage you were targeting? It was too light to tell exactly where you hit. Let me show you what putting force into a blow looks like." Shifting her center of gravity Thaelia rushed forward taking a wild swing. The punch was easy enough to avoid, with only the sound of her fist cutting through air as a sign that she had even attacked in the first place

This time an Atlantean curse managed to escape her lips. She was confident when her blows landed that Legion would be in worse shape for the wear. But was really finding it difficult to plant that blow.

GM

Up by the outdoor clothing store, the most recent Legion to have arrived manages to shake of the effects of the blast. She tried to kip back up to her feet, landing on her feet, but slipping on the pool of water around her before she could stand up fully. She managed to catch herself and finally stood back up, but whatever she had been planning to do was clearly thrown off by the slip.

"Well, you certainly are proving to be something of a problem." She stated before she rushed over towards Tsuanmi. "Luckily I have some more help." Just then, another pair of Legions appeared, running from the direction which Tsunami had come from.

The Legion Glamazon was facing dodged out of the way once more, a grin on her face. "You are going to have to do waaaaay better than that to show me anything. If it makes you feel better, your friends are getting some licks in."  She the whipped her staff around once more, this time connecting with the side of Thaelia's head.

Legion had put a bit more power behind this attack, so the blow snapped the Amazon teen’s head to one side as she was knocked off her feet and onto the ground.

"Ohhh, that looked like it stung." Said Legion as she back away from Glamazon and spun her staff around in front of her.

GM

One of the new Legions that had arrived up near the outdoor clothing store rushed forward, her staff at the ready. "Let's see if you remain as slippery now." She stated as she swung her staff with the intention of causing Tsunami to move into the attack of the Legion that had arrived with her.

The second followed quickly after the first, aiming at where the water using heroine had been forced to move to. But as she started to swing, her foot slipped on some water on the floor, causing her aim to suffer, and Tsunami was able to dodge aside with ease.

Down on the lower level, one of the two Legions still up and in the fight moved in pursuit of Crimson Tiger as the heroine continued to focus on the Legion she had been beating up. "So, you can only beat up someone who is down or something?" She called out, as she swung her staff to force Crimson into the path of the other Legion. The wide arc of the staff did what was intended, as Crimson dodged aside, but right where the other Legion expected her to go.

The second Legion was following a split second later, leaping up into the air as she brought her staff over her head and brought it down at the heroine with all the force she could manage. The blow landed with a powerful *CRACK* that echoed through the nearby section of the mall.

Giang took a couple of steps back after dodging the latest attack, glancing around quickly to take in the position of the various Legions around her, including one that had just recovered from her last series of water blasts. Looking back at the two Legions that had just attacked her, she gave a small smile. "You rely a bit too heavily on numbers, which are not always an advantage."

With that, the Asian teen thrust her hands in front of her once more, a quick burst of water shooting out from each hand at either of the two Legions. Giang then turned on the spot, her hands sweeping out around her, as two more quick bursts of water shot out, one for each of the other two Legions around her.

Each of the water blasts struck their intended targets. Three of the Legions were knocked off their feet and sent sprawling. Two of them seemed to be barely remaining conscious, the third was dazed. The last Legion hit managed to remain on her feet, but grunted in pain as she took a half step backward from the force of the blast.

Muay Thai was an art dedicated to hitting hard and taking a hit. The latter was something most people were unaware of. Two Muay Thai fighters would, on occasion, kick each other as hard as they could just to learn to redirect the force of the blow. Mali had taken some serious blows before, and learned to redirect blows that could outright kill a grown man.

When Mali saw the staff coming from overhead, she knew that if she took the blow on her head, it would knock her clean out. So she did the only thing she could do, and it was a crazy answer. She shifted slightly and let the staff slide onto her shoulder and off her arm. The blow still hurt, but that last ditch effort changed it from a knock out blow to a slight sting.

"Oh, don't even bring up honor!" She said, stepping up to the one she'd been striking the whole time. She shifted a little bit, trying to feint. When that didn't work, she simply slammed her fist into the girl's abdomen, knowing that strike would slow her down. "Here you are, attacking security guards, bringing extra people to a one-on-one fight. That's it, I'm ending this fight!"

GM

Up by the outdoor clothing store, the remaining Legion on her feet quickly took in the scene around her before focusing back on Tsunami. "You really are proving to be a pain." She stated as she closed the distance between the two once more, her staff whipping around in a high attack where she put as much power as she could into the swing.

This time Tsunami was not able to dodge aside, so the Asian teen did the only thing she could to keep the staff from hitting her in the head, she brought both her forearms up in front of her to take the hit. The staff smacked across Tsunami's forearms, but the thin sheen of water covering them absorbed most of the blow, and she was otherwise unhurt as Legion spun her staff back around to be ready for any counterattack.

As Glamazon was getting her bearings back, the Legion that had knocked her to the ground took a few steps backward and rested her staff across her shoulders, each hand holding one end of the weapon as she looked over at the Atlantean teen. "I don't suppose you would be willing to just stay down so I could go help some of my otherselves against that water using friend of yours?"

Though the costumed criminal seemed rather relaxed and casual, she was actually ready to dive aside should the Atlantean teen quickly get back up to attack.

GM

"Oh, so you're saying you can only fight someone one-on-one?" One of the other Legion’s replied to Crimson Tiger's comments. She continued after the martial artist heroine, spinning her staff once before gripping it firmly and launching an attack at the Crimson. The staff whistled through the air, but Crimson was easily able intercept it with one hand and guide it safely away from her.

But the other Legion that was still on her feet against Crimson was already moving as well. "And in case you hadn't noticed, I was not exactly going full on against those mall cops. Just disarming them, tripping them, you know, making them out to be the bumbling rent-a-cops that they are." She stated as her staff arched out to hit Crimson in the upper back.

"You will have to do much better than that if you wish to deal with me." Giang replied calmly as she blocked the attack, her forearms stinging slightly. With a quick movement, her left hand shot out to send a blast of water straight into the attack Legion's chest. The costumed criminal was just starting to fly backward from the powerful blast as Giang took a step forward and spun, her arms sweeping outward as three more blasts of water shot out at the other three Legions who had each just recovered from the prior attacks.

As before, each blast found its mark, the power of these three sending all of the Legions flying through the air or sliding along the tile floor, their progress only stopped by some object. Two of the Legions slammed into the railing over an opening to the floor below. A third slammed into the side of a small kiosk that was celling various nick-nacks, almost tilting the kiosk over. The last flew backward to slam into the side of store front some thirty feet away before she crumpled to the floor in a pool of water hurt and dazed.

One of the Legions that had hit the railing, and the one that had slammed into the kiosk, both lay there a moment before fading away from view.

Giang finished her turn in a low back stance, her arms out to her sides as she quickly regarded the results of her attack and stood back up to see if the two remaining Legions would continue the fight.

Mali deflected the blow and slammed her right foot into the side of the foe she'd been attacking the whole time. "You might want to stop soon." Mali said as she stayed in her face. "You're already going to be waking up awfully sore tomorrow." She said. She knew not to get too angry, otherwise she'd lose focus, and probably lose. She knew her foe had to be weakening, she had to be. Even Mali would be feeling sore and stiff from all those strikes.

Thaelia bent her legs back before performing a kip-up to regain an upright position. Shaking her legs off after the acrobatic display. Thaelia noted that she took a decent blow, one that a shower would make a distant memory. But it was decent enough to recognize. Tilting her head in Legion's direction the demigoddess laughed in response to the masked woman's request she stay down. Armed with the information that the other similarly dressed criminals many not just look like Legion, but they could somehow be Legion.  Eyeing her like predator stalking her prey the Glamazon wouldn't strike at least not with her fist.

"Help your other selves you say? If I was as wily as Tsunami or the Tiger most Crimson I would inquire more about the fiends they face. But you see I am not wily, not in the slightest. I could make a proper augurer by telling you what is occurring elsewhere most likely. Your other selves however many there may be are fighting losing battles. Their bodies flailing helpless maybe under a torrent of water perhaps under a flurry of knees. I know not. I just know my friends are most likely toying with yours. Breaking and bending them to their will."

"And you believe your presence would actually help them? You who drew the unfortunate lot in life to find herself in combat with the Daughter of the Seas? With her staff as brittle as aged wood? If even that. I told you I am not a very wily foe, simple even. But persistence, oh persistent I can do. Legion know now you are not leaving here by your own assistance. Know that when my fist connects I worry for your being able to walk at all. Come strike me a thousand times, but know it will only take me the one."

GM

The Legion facing Glamazon regarded the Atlantean's kip up back to her feet with slight amusement, preparing herself for an attack to follow. However, she was surprised instead to have the teenager instead talk about how the battles against her friends were going, and how it was inevitable that the villainess would fall.

The brown haired costumed criminal hesitated a second, apparently somewhat taken aback by the Atlantean's confidence, and perhaps because of some truth to what she said about what was happening elsewhere. But despite her hesitancy, Legion spun her staff around once more as she tried to smile away the threat.

"Well, we will see if things play out that way." She said as she closed in, whipping her staff around to catch Thaelia on her right side with a loud *WHACK*. But the Atlantean teen took the hit with little complaint, the impact stinging slightly, but otherwise of little effect.

Down on the lower floor where Crimson was engaged with three Legions, the security guard who had had his stun gun knocked out of his hand had managed to find it again. But even as he picked it up, he stopped to listen to something on his radio. A somewhat surprised look came to his face as he clicked his radio to respond. "Copy that."

Glancing back up to look at the superheroine who had shown up to take on the staff wielding woman and now two exact copies of her, the security guard called out. "There are some more of her, or whatever, currently robbing a jewelry store over near the north entrance."

GM

The Legion that Crimson Tiger had been beating on took another hit, but this time with little more than a grunt of pain. She was certainly starting to show some bruises and the like, but climbed back to her feet as she grinned slightly at what the security guard had called out. "Well, guess the gig is up. But you’re still not done with us."

One of the other Legions came rushing back over to Crimson, swinging her staff in a wide arc to make the heroine duck. When Crimson did so, the one that taken so many of her hits spun around, sweeping her staff into an upward strike designed to try to catch the heroine under the chin. But Crimson was too quick, just managing to pull her head back and avoid the attack as the staff whistled past her.

The third Legion also closed, coming at Crimson from the other side, swinging her staff at the heroine's midsection. But a quick kick with one foot stopped the staff and knocked it away.

Giang was feeling a bit worried about her friends, so she decided to finish things with these last two Legions. Taking a couple of strides forward, her left hand whipped out to one side to send a blast of water at one of the recovering Legions, her right whipping out to the other as another blast flew through the air at the second. Both jets of water hit true, knocking both copies of the costumed supervillain flat where they lay still for a moment before vanishing from view.

Satisfied that she had dealt with all the Legions here, the Asian teen turned and began to run back the way she had come to check on her friends.

Crimson Tiger rushed in, staying in her face. She heard about the robbery, but what could she do? She could back off of this girl, but then she'd rush off and steal something. As good as Mali was, she could only fight one foe at a time. So, when she delivered a vicious snap kick to the girl's abdomen, she was pleased to see her crumple under the blow and finally pass out.

With that done, she turned to the others around her. "Alright, ladies, who's next?" She hoped one of her friends could intercept the other Legion robbers, because she was a little busy, herself.

Thaelia leapt up into the air clenching both fist above her head.  Bringing down her arms in a swinging motion in the hopes of smashing her fist against the back of Legion's head.  Not quite hitting her mark the Atlantean's fist instead struck against Legion's shoulder.  Sending the masked villainess back while wincing in reaction to the blow.  Leaving Legion far more on the conscious side than the demigoddess would prefer.  But it was a start, and she'd gladly take a start.  "A taste of what is yet to come fiend. Come now, I wish to share the gift of battle with you further."

Edited by HG Morrison

GM

The Legion that Crimson Tiger had been fighting finally went down, knocked back where she slumped unconscious. The unconscious supervillainess lay where she fell for a few moments before she disappeared as if she had never even been there.

The Legion staggered slightly from Thaelia's glancing blow but stayed on her feet as she righted herself once more. "Ow. That did hurt." She stated. "But hardly the boneshattering beating you promised."

She spun her staff around once as her gaze hardened slightly. "Now let's see if you can really take hits all day." Her staff whipped around and connected with the side of Thaelia's head. The blow brought black spots before the Atlantean teen's eyes and before she knew it, she was lying on the ground a short distance away.

"I'd love to stay and see if you want to keep going, but I need to get going." The villainess then stated as she spun her staff to tuck it under one arm and started off at a run back in the direction Thaelia had come from.

GM

"Ohh, congratulations, you finally put one of us down." One of the other Legions facing Crimson Tiger replied. "But you still have two of us to deal with." She then added as she swung her staff upward, managing to just glance off the left side of Crimson's torso.

The other Legion circled around the heroine slightly, spinning her staff as she went. Then suddenly she whipped the staff out to deliver a strong hit across Crimson's upper back. A solid *WHACK* echoed in the mall from the hit, but the heroine remained upright as she faced off with the two copies of the villainess.

Mali growled and grinned. "You're sure acting tough for someone who's ganging up." She said, doing a little shuffle as she moved in. She watched as her foe moved in the wrong direction and answered that with a punch to the side. "Oh, that's gotta hurt, right?" She said with a grin. "You're gonna be sore in the morning, you know. I fight like this all the time. This is probably extra rough for you. Don't know if you know who I am, but they call me Crimson Tiger, Muay Thai asskicker extraordinaire."