Your Day In Court [IC]

Cannonade arrived soon after Revenant, finding the knocked-out would-be vigilante crumbled in the corner of the alley. "Good, he's down," he said. He reached for the noose that was wrapped around the man's waist, tugging at the knot. "Better get this off him - last thing we want is him waking up like some kinda freakin' slasher film guy, swinging for the rooftops, and - gah!" 

The noose came to life in Cannonade's hands, trying to wrestle its way up his arms. He struggled with the noose, making it look like he was fighting a jump rope - and losing. Eventually, he managed to wrangle it into a hold that kept his arms free, if his hands busy. "Anyone," he said, trying to keep the slack bit from going for his throat, "know how to take care of this mystic crap? Really not up for babysitting this thing..." 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I only know what I read every so often.  Most of it, a whole lot of hooey."  Foreshadow calmly replied as he watched Cannonade wrestle the mystical noose.  "My vote's fire though.  Everything burns."

The irony of jumping to burning the misunderstood questionably magical rope on sight was not lost on him.  For as many myths or fairy tales dealt with killing with fire, reality didn't exactly leave the best historical connotations with such an act.  Even if the thing being burnt in question was a rope.  "But hey, maybe someone else has something better.  Or we can ask this guy after he's done snoozing for the ten count."

Lucy stepped between them and offered up a hand to take the rope, she suspected something about it’s ability that she was more than willing to test on herself. After all she had very little to lose if this all went wrong.

“Here let me try and take the rope, if it only attack the living then I’m okay and as I don’t need the breath it shouldn't be able to harm me.†she gave a little shrug

“Well that's the theory in any case.â€

• 2 weeks later...

The noose seemed to recognize that it was touching dead flesh and went slack, sliding off of Cannonade's arms. It fell to the alley, going as limp as a dead snake. Cannonade smiled and relaxed as the noose died. "Hey, thanks," he said. "Really, really had enough of weird magical executioner horse crap."

He turned his gaze to the unconscious Hangman. "So, who the hell is this guy, anyway? What kinda guy goes around the city with a noose on his belt?" He pulled back the man's mask to reveal a craggy, blond-haired man who looked like he was used to going a few rounds. Even through the busted lip and the black eye, Cannonade didn't see much he recognized.

But Revenant did...

Transcript from The State of New Jersey v. Hangman:

LUCY  HARKER aka REVENANT, called as a witness on behalf of the State, testifies as follows:

DIRECT EXAMINATION BY MR. WATERSTON:

[...]

Q: And at this point you unmasked the hangman?

A: Cannonade did the actual unmasking but I was there to witness the event.

Q: And did you recognize the person in question?

A: Yes I did. I meet the defendant several time in the pass.

Q: And is that person in the court today?

A: Yes he’s right there sitting next to Ms Walters (Indicates)

Q: For the record you you state the name of the person you say that night?

A: You know that answering that question is a violation of the Hangmans rights under...

JUDGE: The court is aware that you practice law Ms Harker. But for now allow the lawyers to do there work.

A: Sorry your Honor.

Q: So you had just stopped the Hangman killing another victim, then what did you do?[

A: Well after we unmasked him...

“It's Thomas Merrick.†as soon as Lucy said that she realised that none of them would have any idea who he was.

“He’s an inspector with the DA’s office, I’ve dealt with him a few time during my day job.â€] she didn’t want to get to close in case the rope tried to harm anybody so she kept her distance, but the still the question had to be asked.

“Why on Earth did you think all this was a good idea?â€

Edited by TiffanyKorta