Jump to content

The Bricks of Babylon [OOC]


trollthumper

Recommended Posts

And we are in combat! From an environmental stand point - the closed off area is four blocks wide. At one end, we've got a force field/barrier that's 30 feet wide by 10 feet tall (occupying 12 squares) and has Impervious Toughness of 12. At the other end, we've got a semi truck with trailer that's 14 feet tall, 40 feet wide, and about 35,000 pounds total (20K for the semi, 15K for the empty trailer). On the roofs, we have four men - counting as Minions, statted as the PL5 Soldiers found on p. 229 of the core book) - with Stinger missiles (which are +10 to damage, so on this front and this front alone, they're PL8 but severely undercapped). 

 

And then we have the bad guys. Haboob, the rapidly rising dust cloud, will be represented by my at PL12 - ATT +8 (+12 Scirocco), DEF +12 (+8 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), TOU +12/+4, FORT +9, REF +10, WILL +9, and Damage at +12.

 

Emettu, who will be appearing shortly, will be represented by my at PL 12 - ATT +8 (+12 Melee), DEF +12 (+8 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), TOU +12/+8/+4, FORT +9, REF +10, WILL +9, and Damage at +12.

 

Kalaa, the guy behind the barrier, will be represented by my at PL12 - ATT +8 (+12 Aegis), DEF +12 (+8 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), TOU +12/+2, FORT +9, REF +9, WILL +11, and Aegis at caps of +12 where applicable. 

 

Kalaa goes on 17.

 

Haboob goes on 14.

 

Emettu goes on 9.

 

The Insurgents all go on 15.

 

Cannonade goes on 11.

Link to comment

All right. We will say that civilians are at risk, as there are people out on the street at this hour, so free Hero Point to everyone.

 

Victory: 26, Unharmed, 3 HP

Comrade Frost: 18, Unharmed, 2 HP

Kalaa: 17, Unharmed, 0 HP

Insurgents: 15, Unharmed, 0 HP

Haboob: 14, Unharmed, 0 HP

Cannonade: 11, Unharmed, 4 HP

Equinox: 11, Unharmed, 5 HP

Hayley: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

Emettu: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

 

Victory is up first. And given his Rapid Vision, I'll let him make a Notice check as a Free Action. 

Link to comment

Victory is able to quickly scan the area, and picks out that most of the civilians who were by their windows have drawn back now that the "sandstorm" has kicked up. Except for one guy in a third story apartment two blocks up, who seems to be locking eyes on the northern end of the convoy... right about where the force field is. 

 

Mind you, it may be a matter of investigating him or trying to take out the insurgents...

Link to comment

Victory will go after the guy in the apartment. My plan would be to approach as quick as possible, before something bad could happen with that person. Two blocks is no time at all for Victory to hit in a move action. Do I need to roll anything else, or know what I see as I approach? With a very suspicious eye, of course. Who knows what, if anything, someone could be planning?!

Link to comment

All right, given that Victory's major Movement power is part of the same DAP as his major attack, I take it he will merely be taking position this round. As Victory approaches the apartment, the guy - dressed in black fatigues, advanced body armor, and a helmet - takes a few steps back. He looks like he's concentrating. 

 

If you do wish to get a blow in, let me know. Otherwise, Comrade Frost is up next. 

Link to comment

Alrighty then. All-Out Power Attack it is! I had to maneuver a bit and make a slightly careful approach, so I'm guessing no Charge bonus on this one? Although I think they all still count as having taken no action this combat.

 

All-Out Power Attack (1d20+9=16)

 

Hmmm....not great, but not awful. I might get lucky due to making the first move this combat. Is that a hit? DC 38 if it does.

Edited by JackgarPrime
Link to comment

Getting in advance: 

 

Free action: turn insubstantial 

Move action: fly out of the Humvee 

Standard action: Frost will attempt to aim his targeted area cone attack so that it sweeps the rooftops without actually hitting the people inside the buildings. I'll have him All-Out Attack +2 and take 10 vs minions, so that's an effective to-hit of 20 for, let's say the left side. 

 

Let me know how that goes, and if that's possible. 

Link to comment

All right. First thing to note is that I forgot to roll Initiative for the Soldiers. Like the Insurgents, they're Minions at PL5, and they go on 20. They will mainly serve as an "environmental effect," however.

 

Victory - manages to close with the man in black, who is Kalaa. Kalaa has Uncanny Dodge (audio), however, he has full defense, and thus dodges Victory's blow.

 

Soldiers - Open fire on the Insurgents on the right. They hit, and one of them goes down.

 

Comrade Frost - can easily take out the guys on the left side of the street. They both fail, and thus go down hard.

 

Kalaa - Given the choice between attacking Victory and dropping the barrier, he chooses the barrier, maintaining his Create Object while taking Total Defense. 

 

Insurgent - The last one still standing opens fire on the Humvee that hit the barrier. He hits, and the Humvee - with a TOU of 10 - has its engine block disabled, creating another flaming obstacle.

 

Haboob - Sweeps into the truck and abandons his Insubstantial 2 + Blast in favor of his Targeted Area Shapeable. It hits; it'll be a DC24 Toughness for the Soldiers in there, and a DC22 for Cannonade. Only one Soldier is left standing, and Cannonade shakes it off.

 

Cannonade - Decides to respond with a good swing. He hits Haboob's DC22 Defense, and Haboob takes a Bruise and is Dazed.

 

 

Victory: 26, Unharmed, 3 HP

Soldiers: 20, Unharmed, 0 HP

Comrade Frost: 18, Unharmed, 2 HP

Kalaa: 17, Unharmed, 0 HP

Insurgents: 15, Unharmed, 0 HP

Haboob: 14, Bruised x1, Dazed (Cannonade's Action), 0 HP

Cannonade: 11, Unharmed, 4 HP

Equinox: 11, Unharmed, 5 HP

Hayley: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

Emettu: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

 

After we get IC posts up, Equinox is next. 

Link to comment

Sorry, guys, things have been hectic. I'll try not to let it happen again.

 

Move Action: Get out of the damn humvee :P

 

Free Action: Erect Force Field.

 

Standard Action: Sand is a natural material, right? Utilise her Blast 9 (she has no actions to draw her wand), and fire it at the semi keeping them penned in. I dunno how many range increments, but let's power attack for 2 anyway. It's a DC 26 Blast, and it's only a 12

You're a ****ing inanimate object?

Link to comment

Ah, In Bruges. Always fitting.

As the Humvee has lost a huge honking chunk of its front end, I'll say that its Toughness has gone to 9 as well as being Disabled. And boom, it's destroyed. That just leaves the guy who appears to be maintaining the force field.

Hayley stands guard, so that leaves Emettu this round. The Density Controller activates the Insubstantial portion of her Array, bursts out of the back of the semi, and takes off for the truck as a full move action, getting on board to end her turn.

We're at the top of the round. Victory is up next.

Link to comment

So noted.

Victory: 26, Unharmed, 1 HP

Soldiers: 20, Unharmed, 0 HP

Comrade Frost: 18, Unharmed, 2 HP

Kalaa: 17, Unharmed, 0 HP

Insurgents: 15, Unharmed, 0 HP

Haboob: 14, Bruised x1, Dazed (Cannonade's Action), 0 HP

Cannonade: 11, Unharmed, 4 HP

Equinox: 11, Unharmed, 5 HP

Hayley: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

Emettu: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

One of the insurgents is still standing, and the Soldiers open fire. One manages to hit, and the Insurgent goes down.

Victory: 26, Unharmed, 1 HP

Soldiers: 20, Unharmed, 0 HP

Comrade Frost: 18, Unharmed, 2 HP

Kalaa: 17, Unharmed, 0 HP

Haboob: 14, Bruised x1, Dazed (Cannonade's Action), 0 HP

Cannonade: 11, Unharmed, 4 HP

Equinox: 11, Unharmed, 5 HP

Hayley: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

Emettu: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

Comrade Frost is up next.

Link to comment

Frost flies into the vehicle where Haboob is - he wants to fight the other 'cloud' guy, since he knows that's a tough problem for solid guys, and doesn't know Haboob has been fool enough to go solid! 

 

Seeing him hit, he tags him with a +2 All-Out Attack using his Thermovorous touch, using non-lethal.: 

 

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4022889/

 

And it hits! That's a DC 27 Tou save for Haboob

Link to comment

Haboob takes another Bruise, and his Daze refreshes.

Victory: 26, Unharmed, 1 HP

Soldiers: 20, Unharmed, 0 HP

Comrade Frost: 18, Unharmed, 2 HP

Kalaa: 17, Unharmed, 0 HP

Haboob: 14, Bruised x2, Dazed (Comrade Frost's Action), 0 HP

Cannonade: 11, Unharmed, 4 HP

Equinox: 11, Unharmed, 5 HP

Hayley: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

Emettu: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

Kalaa once more takes a Total Defense action and maintains the Create Object.

Haboob shakes off his Dazed, so Comrade Frost and Cannonade, the ones directly engaging him, can take a Hero Point. And as Emettu is still Insubstantial, he unleashes a Targeted Area Blast w/ Autofire. That's a 21, so DC28 Toughness save for Cannonade and Comrade Frost. Cannonade takes a Bruise.

Victory: 26, Unharmed, 1 HP

Soldiers: 20, Unharmed, 0 HP

Comrade Frost: 18, Unharmed, 3 HP

Kalaa: 17, Unharmed, 0 HP

Haboob: 14, Bruised x2, 0 HP

Cannonade: 11, Bruised x1, 5 HP

Equinox: 11, Unharmed, 5 HP

Hayley: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

Emettu: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

Cannonade attempts to Startle Haboob as a Move Action. He rolls 21, Haboob rolls 24. So for his Standard Action, he will be punching. Or not.

Equinox is up next.

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...