The Serpent and the Devil (OOC)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the place is guarded, quite heavily - lets say a dozen or so armed guards (with assault rifles) patrolling the grounds. And some dogs!

On the other hand, they are low PL (Thug Archetype) and not looking skywards.

So, up to a point you can narrate busing up helicopters and cars, although you may need to dodge a few bullets doing so? If you are doing it sneakily of course, it will be slower, safer and might need a stealth roll.

Narrate what you fancy and we will take it from there!

Sorry for being so slow. Glow is a little concerned about that remote control, is there any chance she could telekinesis-snatch it off our friendly neighbourhood bad guy? If not I'll just stick a post out there with her doing some talky stuff and generally saying mean things about him!

Initwaijoifrthweugiow;oei: 20.

Thanks, Ari, you speak Abu-Ranswithian really well! ;)

Yeah...I guess thats Initiative roll!

Anyway hold your horses on Initiatives! and the Inspire is in place for first round.

We shall keep Initiative for when it kicks in after parley!

27 - Glow

25 - El Sierpe

20 - El Heraldo

So ill give the Snakes an Initiative of 13 and lets bring them in. I suggest we start combat now they are involved.

27 - Glow - Unharmed - 2 HP

25 - El Sierpe - Unharmed

20 - El Heraldo - Unharmed - 4 HP

13 - Snakes 5 large, 10 small.

(NB I think the bruise will have gone for EH on journey)

For reference

Small Snakes: Attack +7, Defence +7, Toughness -2, Fort +2, Reflex +5, Will +1, Drain Constitution 4 (Poison Extra)

Large Snakes: Attack +5, Defence +5, Toughness +3, Fort +4, Reflex +6, Will +2, Grapple +8, Damage +3 (STR 17) Feats: Improved Grab,

Meaning Glow is up first! given the parley and situation nobody will be flat footed at this point.

Okay, so Glow doesn't really want to hurt the snakes, it's not their fault that they're working for a guy who's a bit of a tool, they're just snakes! (That opinion might change as soon as one tries to bite her)

So, she'll open by trying to thwak El Sierpe with her telekinesis: 13. See I told you guys I'm going to roll bad in this fight.

As a move action she'd like to acrobatic feint our villain and use set-up to make it easier for Heraldo to smack him: 22 (See I knew I should just have done the take-10 thing, but rolling for it is more fun, right?)

Sorry, would have posted earlier but I was short on time.

Anyway, El Heraldo can't very well leave Glow to fight that creep on her lonesome, so move action over to El Sierpe, and a Power Attack(+2 DC -2 ATK): 20. Tell me how bad it is, doc. If that hits somehow, that's a DC29 Toughness save for him. Readying a Reaction to Interpose for Glow if she gets attacked.

That does indeed hit!

1d20+10=13 and a terrible toughness roll makes him bruised, dazed, staggered.

I always forget Knockback, but not today! (i prefer 3E where they do away with it!)

Anyway, Sierpe has -5 KB resistance, and you have a +14 Damage attack, so thats 500 Metres Knockback. Ill say thats flying into a wall, but if you want to knock him out of the mansion, please say so.

Its a KB 9 Result, which means DC 24 Toughness save for the wall which I will say is pretty sturdy, toughness +10. 1d20+10=23 means a cracked wall. It alsom means another toughness save for ES, this time 1d20+10=17 meaning another bruise (dazed technically, but allready dazed, so no effect).

And the snakes slither into action!

The small ones first - 5 on each of you!

1d20+7=14, 1d20+7=24, 1d20+7=9, 1d20+7=9, 1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=26, 1d20+7=11, 1d20+7=26, 1d20+7=22, 1d20+7=14

1 hits Glow, 3 hit Heraldo.

A Drain Constitution 4 poison! Thats DC 14 Fort Saves. Fortunately, however, the mighty El Heraldo is immune to poison, and can interpose the one that hit Glow.

The 5 big Snakes, 2 for Glow, 3 for El Heraldo

1d20+5=22, 1d20+5=11, 1d20+5=6, 1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=21

One on Glow, 2 on El Heraldo. El Heraldo has impervious toughness, so ignores the damage, so a DC 18 Toughness Save.for Glow please!

And, as they have Improved Grab feat, they can try for a grapple at the same time!

The Snake on Glow rolls 1d20+8=10, roll to oppose that please!

The two Snakes on El Heraldo roll 1d20+8=17, 1d20+8=28 which is a bit nastier! oppose that please!