Shark Week: Flying Sharks? (OOC)

Raveled

It would basically be a case of telekinetically grabbing hold of its jaw and trying to pull it open. You can grapple with telekinesis so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine that she can help pull open the mouth of a flying undead shark!

If you think that's not a good idea she could possibly also stunt create object and jam something in between its jaws to help keep them open enough for Morgan to wriggle out.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so per discussion in chat, Glow will stunt the following off her TK array: Enhanced Feat 13 (Attack Specialization [Grapple], Extra: Affects Others [+0}, Range/Ranged) [26PP]

that will give Crow a +26 to his Grapple score, but Glow will have to roll to hit him as he's being carried around by the Shark. Of course, she could up the range to Perception but that would be even more points...

Beat the jaws! Grapple check! (1d20+26=44) And those jaws are open wide. Morgan tumbles out, and makes with the midair snare before he turns into a pancake.

All Out Attack (+5 Attack, -5 Defense), Power Attack (+5 Damage, -5 Attack) Snare! (1d20+14=34) Roll 1, a DC 25 check, and according to Rav the shark made it. Stupid speedy bones!

However, Morgan would greatly rather not go splat on the museum tiles, so! Burn an HP for another Standard action, take two!All Out Attack (+5 Atk/-5 Def) Power Attack (+5 Dmg/-5 Atk) Snare! REDUX! (1d20+14=32) DC 20 Reflex.

Sorry, didn't realize it was my turn.

The shark monster is helpless, and I have a +4. This calls for a Power Attack (just +2, since I don't have the feat).

Attack roll +6, -2 power attack, +4 Inspire

1d20+8 → [11,8] = (19) that should hit any Helpless target.

TOU DC 25 (15 + 8 + 2) for the shark

Also, with the move action I'm now hovering around its head, a dozen feet away from the jaws.

Shark Monster's Toughness save, vs DC 25. (1d20+14=32) Toughness shifting FTW!

In retaliation, he's gonna... roar! Again! Shark Monster's Intimidate check w/ -2 for Helpless. (1d20+18=24) 24 vs your Will, Sense Motive, or Intimidate scores. Your choice on the matter.

Initiative

22 Glow -- Uninjured, Inspire +4 -- HP x1

16 Crow -- Bruisedx1, Inspire +4 -- HP x3

14 El Heralado -- Uninjured, Inspire +4 -- HP x0

11 Saiph -- Uninjured, Inspire +4 -- HP x3

10 Monster Shark -- Bound + Helpless -- GM

Will save vs intimidate: 11+7=18. Glow thinks this is a scary shark. (Actually does inspire apply to that? 22 still doesn't win of course).

She's shaken and takes a -2 penalty on her rolls for one round I think.

She's also up next.

As a move action she's going to dash to whatever kind of cover she can find to make it harder for the shark to land on her or something unpleasant like that.

As a standard action she's going to attack the shark with telekinesis. With the shark bound she's going to all out attack for +2 and power attack for +2. The attack will be at +10 (+8 normal, -2 for shaken, +4 for inspire, +2 all out attack, -2 power attack). 7+10 = 17. I'm pretty sure that should hit with it all tied up. DC25 toughness check.

Also, one last thing. Glow has a rank of luck so I think she should have 2HP not 1. Unless my brain is still fuzzed and I don't remember using one for something. :D

Heraldo will use a Free Action to transform into his rather more stronger self.

Thus equipped, he shall fly over to the skeleton shark and Aid Saiph's next Attack.

Attack roll vs DC10: 25.

EDIT: Actually never mind, he'll just hit it.

Attack roll: 17

EDIT: And because I forgot for some reason..DC24 TOU save.

can I Stunt the following thing?

Damage 8 LINKED Drain Toughness 8 (16/20 pp)

or is the shark considered an inanimate object so I have to use the 3 pp/rank version of Corrosion?

cosmic energy is a pretty wide concept, and Saiph has Variable descriptor on his Blast so he's used to manipulate energy. I can describe it as weakening gamma radiation or something.

EDIT

I had the ok in chat, this is the power I'm stunting

Damage 8 (PF: accurate, Improved critical) LINKED Drain Toughness 8 (extra: affects only objects [+0]; PF: accurate, slow fade 1) (20/20 pp)

attack roll

1d20+6 → [1,6] = (7) yes, of course. The only way I could miss a Helpless target

Extra Effort, second attack roll

1d20+6 → [9,6] = (15) +10 for Improved re-roll = 25, that's better. If the shark is an object, the Drain 8 TOU is automatic, otherwise he gets a Ref sav I think. after the drain, TOU DC 23

I'll end my Move Action as far away from the shark as my Flight 1 allows me.

I used Extra Effort twice, I'll use 1 HP to recover from the first one, then I'll take my chances with being Fatigued the next round.

As per House Rules, the Shark gets a Reflex save. Shark Monster's Reflex save, vs DC 18. (1d20+8=22) Nope.

Shark Monster's Toughness, vs DC 23. (1d20+14=17) That... is a Daze + Injury.

Initiative

22 Glow -- Uninjured -- HP x1

16 Crow -- Bruisedx1 -- HP x3

14 El Heralado -- Uninjured -- HP x0

11 Saiph -- Uninjured -- HP x2

10 Monster Shark -- Bound + Helpless + Daze (Saiph), Injuryx1-- GM

Glow is up.