The Goodly Fear (IC)

Ari

GM

The Riverside District, February 1st, 2012, 6.00 P.M.

The moon shone placidly down out of the clear sky on the strongly-built bearded man with black hair and close-set features walking out of the tattoo parlor marked "Knights' Ink". "Thanks Wes!" he called over his shoulder with a Korean accent "This is pro'lly your best work yet! Can't wait to see how it turns out, see you man!" walking with smooth, rapid strides, the gray of his fading leather jacket seeming to give him a glow in the quiet, nearly frozen night. He walked along the road to his destination in the Fens, humming quietly as he went and politely greeting the sparse people he met on his way.

He had barely gotten four blocks from the parlor when he passed by a large, unusually clean alleyway bereft of litter or graffiti. A heavy hand on his shoulder gave him a start, and jumping away he turned to face whoever so disrespected his personal space. Seeing a drab, utterly forgettable man in a pale blue suit. Easing out of his stance a little he asked cautiously "Who're you? What do you want?"

The suited man gave him an unreadable look before turning and pointing at a green Ford Focus just past the alleyway, saying in a polite, almost obsequious tone, "Sorry young man, my car's got some engine trouble, and I was wondering if you could help me find out what's wrong?" after a confused second the younger man nodded hesitantly, and followed the man to the gently smoking car.

February 2nd, 2012, Knight's Ink, 11.45 A.M.

A lean, hard-muscled man wearing a deep green suit of coveralls walked through the door, and glancing around, asked politely in a rumbling voice a little out of place on his frame "Excuse me, Mr. Wesley Knight? I'm Marceau Suvou, I'd like to ask about a friend of mine who comes here, do you have a minute?"

• 3 weeks later...

Friday was a busy day for Knight's Ink. People getting ready for their weekend, getting those last minutes alterations. After noon the place would be slam full. There was a small crowd of customers and artists in the waiting area talking about the upcoming transactions. The atmosphere was very loose and fun, with upbeat classic rock tunes filling the air. When the large man in a suit entered the shop everyone stopped for a moment to look. When he asked for Wesley, they went back to what they were doing. Wesley greeted his guest with a hearty handshake and a smile, "Yes sir, may I help you?"

Smiling politely as he shook Wesleys hand(though still clearly on edge), the man introduced himself "I'm Marceau Suvou, a friend of mine named Chou Jeung, a regular customer of yours I believe, has gone missing. He vanished last night, last I heard of him he was stopping at your shop here for a tattoo, but he hasn't returned. He would have been sure to call if he was going to make any other stops" he frowned slightly, something that was clearly an unusual expression for him "Did you see anyone else with him? I've been looking for him all along the northern South River area, nothing so far"