Papercut blinked "awake" moments after Wraith, taking a few seconds to orient himself back in the real world. He felt a little stiff and cramped, a little headachey, kind of like he'd spent too long working on his computer, actually. He caught up to the girls, looking down at Sage. "Those burns look nasty," he observed. "She's lucky it wasn't any worse. I wonder what's going to happen with Rogue this time. Maybe they'll actually find a secure hard drive to put her in jail on." He jogged along, keeping pace but not offering to help carry when Wraith obviously had the matter handled. "Eve, you awake? How do you feel?"

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working together, Ghost Girl and Cobalt Templar were able to deactivate the remainder of the bombs, the black annihilation devices disappearing into nothingness as their very programmed nature was decomplied by their combined power. This had the happy side-effect of freeing Leroj from the programmed prison where Rogue had trapped him, and he and Sharl had a happy reunion on the deck of the great plankton ship before they had to get back to the business of taking care of Tronik. "There are a lot of fires to put out here...in more ways than one," said Sharl unhappily, looking at the city that had nearly been destroyed that day. "I'll message you how to take care of Rogue on the outside. I need to spend some time here."

On the outside, talking through the monitors with occasional glimpses of his city behind him, Citizen talked the other heroes through removing the portable drive where he'd installed Rogue's program, making sure they put it somewhere well-insulated. The teens had come out to see Ms. Harcourt almost fully healed by the advanced medical facilities of the Sanctum, the Centuritrons and Dr. Mark Leeds having done a bang-up job repairing her many injuries, with Sage nearly easy by comparison. By the time Citizen stepped out of the program to rejoin them hours later, both teacher and student were healed, though Sharl himself still looked a little battered.

"My parents pass on their regrets that we didn't get to meet," he said a little tiredly as he dropped into the control room chair, "and that you're all invited to visit any time. I'm sorry the visit went like this," he added, "but we saved the day, and the people of Tronik know that there are heroes from another dimension, allies of their own Citizen, ready to save the day. We did good, despite everything Rogue tried to do."