Something Fishy - part 2 [OOC]

Airon

Actually, that's not a bad point, it was so that they couldn't just automatically revert back, but once outed, I don't see why it would matter what it morphed itself into.

So I think I'll use an Area Burst Nullify instead, so as to avoid the hassle of an attack roll, it would look rather silly if I missed!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about the Nullify:

1) a standard Ranged Nullify will require a attack roll, but you can apply trade-offs, so you can get up to Nullify 9, 11 with the Power Attack maneuver.

2) an General Area Burst will allow Ewoma a Ref save DC 17 to reduce its effect, and it will be capped at your PL (7); or you can use a Targeted Area, which allows trade-offs, but that's the same as option 1 if you have only one target.

3) a Perception Nullify will hit no matter what, but it will be capped at PL 7.

Since Nullify works on an opposed power checks, you may want to benefit from the trade-offs - expecially if you catch her flat-footed; it's your choice. This really isn't metagame, since you don't know anything about her, it's just knowledge of the rules.

Now, the IC text can remain the same (or you can modify it to your taste), just write here the option you choose, your Power check (1d20 + Nullify rank) and (if you choose option 1) your attack roll.

as for the detecting on the knife

I'm ok with your 27, if someone wants to help using the Aid Another rules, you may hit last level...

Also, if you ask more direct questions, maybe that 27 can lead to more information, let's just see the direction you want to take the investigation.

Investigate DC 15

the fingerprints on the knife are those of ambassador Michelle Roche

DC 20

the (apparent) strength of ambassador Michelle isn't enough to pierce an Atlantean breastplate with that knife

DC 25

trace of DNAs on the knife are of 2 kinds: the victim's of course, and another person, who is NOT the ambassador.

DC 25 plus Knowledge [life sciences] 15

the second DNA sample is not human and not Atlantean, though it does resemble the Atlantean more than human

DC 30 plus Knowledge [life sciences] 20

the second DNA is Deep One, and actually has an instable quality, a variable pattern to it, modified after the birth.

No problem, it's just that in my head I had figured you guys working together. I don't want to force anybody... it's just that some minor rules sometimes go forgotten.

also, judging by your IC post, Supercape, you may have misread the results of the investigation

the second DNA sample is not human and not Atlantean, though it does resemble the Atlantean more than human

the second one is weird. The first one is the victim's DNA, standard Atlantean. No further conundrum, sorry.

SOrry for my mistake Airon, will be editting!

I cant see the aid self will help unfortunately, not without pushing up Life Sciences :(

Have made edits to IC post.

yes, our front runner on that, Leviathan, has a bit of trouble with Invisible Castle :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so.

Leviathan is elsewhere.

Steam can't act in this Surprise round - but he gets an HP because the Security System of his mansion was violated. He can still post his reactions of course.

Revenant gets an HP for being dragged into water helplessly, and needs to make a Reflex save DC 20 vs a Snare effect.