Something Fishy - part 2 [OOC]

Airon

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, the opening decription of the second part is up, for whenever you are finished role-playing the road trip (assuming you want to do that; otherwise, post away!)

Before posting in the IC thread, I need a Notice Check: read what you earned with your roll and then post.

DC 10

there are people screaming inside the mansion

DC 20

the loudest of said people is a man with a thundering voice, screaming and enraged, but there's also a woman who sounds both angered and scared, and at least another person

So, for present and future reference, for the warlord I'm using the Atlantean Monarch Oddball; the only difference is that instead of Flight 5, he has Swimming 6, Speed 2, Leaping 2.

Sense Motive check vs Bluff. The bluff is not outlandish, but what you said doesn't agree at all with him.

1d20+10 → [14,10] = (24)

well, that's uncommon. If I'm not mistaken, the win goes to the highest bonus, so to Lord Steam (+15 vs +10). However, seen as he was unfriendly before and Steam's methods are a bit sneaky... I don't know how much he would concede. Well, yes, I know, but it's not much.

initiative for:

Brutus, the warlord 1d20+7 → [9,7] = (16)

his guards 1d20+1 → [17,1] = (18)

the guards are :

Soldier archetype (core rulebook page 229)

+Atlantean template (freedom city page 90)

instead of assault rifles and grenades, they have shortspears (Strike 2, mighty, thrown, improved critical) for a total damage of +5

there are four of them, but so far only two engaged in battle

the warlord is the Atlantean Monarch Oddball

Round 1

18 - 2 guards, unharmed

17 (1) - Lord Steam, 3 HP, unharmed

17 (2) - Leviathan, 1 HP, unharmed

17 (3) - Revenant, 1 HP, unharmed

16 - Lord Brutus, unharmed

If I forgot some HP, please tell me.

The guards will use theri Move action to get close to Steam, and their standard action to attack him, since he offended their master.

1d20+5 → [3,5] = (8)

1d20+5 → [7,5] = (12) they may be tough compared to the average minion, but they still suck

18 - 2 guards, unharmed

Lord Steam is up. (Feel free to describe the clumsy attack of the guards when you'll write your IC post.)

Ok, well I presume they are Minions and I can therefore take 10 on my attack. To give my attacks a bit more clout I will Shift -3 Attack / +3 Damage, so a "to hit" roll of 18 and Toughness DC 23 on the nearest minion.

As I have takedown feat, if I manage to hurt (And thus KO) one of them, I will repeat the attack on the other minion. If HE goes down to, and the Brutus is in range, well, I'll throw an attack on him too:

1d20+8=9 which also certainly fails.

Thats standard action...

Afterwards, for move action, Steam will try an Intimmidate on Brutus: At -5 Penalty.

1d20+5=9 which looks unlikely to work, but you never know...

Brutus has Skill Mastery for sense motive, so no, that doesn't work either.

18 - 2 guards, unharmed

it is Leviathan's turn to keep up this parade of bad die rolls

Ok sorry, I should have made things clearer, but as per my original post...

[Taking aside the intimidate roll which will fail given Skill mastery]

His Standard Action is to attack a minion using a +3 damage / -3 attack shifted attack. As its a minion he is taking 10, so I didn't roll for that, its automatically a "to hit" roll of 18 (Which, if they have defence 15, will hit).

Its then a DC 23 Toughness save. If they fail that (as its a minion, any fail = KO), then using takedown feat to attack on the next minion, which should also auto-hit, and a similar DC 23 Toughness save.

The final roll I actually posted, is if he manages to KO both the first and second minion (via takedown feat as above), and if Lord Brutus is in range, he will attack him. However, in this case he can't take 10, so thus the posted roll.

Hope that makes it clearer.

NB: Not going to go rules lawyer on you, just wanted to clear up my logic. Whatever you go with, fine by me.

ok so Leviathan is going to try and snare the big Warlord, let's see if he can even hit the poor schlub

11 Not even close. I'll mark that down and have him move to a shadowy area of the room, if there's any to be had.

I'll toss in an IC post as soon as Lord Steam's attacks versus the minions has been cleared up.

Ok sorry, I should have made things clearer, but as per my original post...

[Taking aside the intimidate roll which will fail given Skill mastery]

His Standard Action is to attack a minion using a +3 damage / -3 attack shifted attack. As its a minion he is taking 10, so I didn't roll for that, its automatically a "to hit" roll of 18 (Which, if they have defence 15, will hit).

Its then a DC 23 Toughness save. If they fail that (as its a minion, any fail = KO), then using takedown feat to attack on the next minion, which should also auto-hit, and a similar DC 23 Toughness save.

The final roll I actually posted, is if he manages to KO both the first and second minion (via takedown feat as above), and if Lord Brutus is in range, he will attack him. However, in this case he can't take 10, so thus the posted roll.

Hope that makes it clearer.

NB: Not going to go rules lawyer on you, just wanted to clear up my logic. Whatever you go with, fine by me.

you are very much right, I don't feel rule-lawyered at all and I apologize for the misreading

TOU rolls for the minions

1d20+5 → [17,5] = (22)

1d20+5 → [5,5] = (10) these guys suuuuck

18 - 2 guards, unconscious

Eviscerus, did you use your Snare power, and thus losed your morph and reverted into a Deep One monstruosity?