Presentation! [IC]

Airon

As the man-beast struggled with Asad while howling in pain for his reddened eyes, Madame Marvelous held on to a long vine pending from a construction crane and swung towards the grapple. “Angela? ANGELA?! You filthy consumer, I am the favored daughter of Mother Nature! I am meant to lead her sons in the Revolution! I-AM-NOT-ANGELA!â€. She waved her arm while swinging: a spotlight hit two zookeepers tied up and held above the gorilla cage. “Weep and despair as the mighty sons of the Nature feast on their jailers! This will be the first step!†the rope was cut by a henchman and the zookeepers fell into the trees.

She landed in front of Asad, still holding the feral henchmen in a neck lock. “Look at me, you polluter! Today you’ll learn to fear the power of the animals. Today we destroy society!†she ripped off her zoo T-shirt, revealing underneath a leopard-skin dress that wouldn’t have been out of place on a 30ies Tarzan and Jane movie.

That surprised Asad, who let go of the Thug just for a second, a second long enough for the man-beast to free himself from the hold and hand the precious piece of stolen technology to his crazy and delusional boss.

Asad left Arug with a leap and Weaver was going to attack that crazy Jane Porter screaming and gesturing, when he saw the zookeepers thrown into the cage full of angry primates. Go, go! he screamed in his mind, directing the carpet towards the cage. He flew above the mayhem of disturbed mammals, all riled up by the music and lights “It’s like flying above Dante’s Inferno...†he murmured to himself.

He got above the cage, concentrated to feel under his fingers the magical threads that connected him to the hostages's clothes, and lifted the unfortunate guardians just in time before the furious apes mauled them. Hoping that their clothes wouldn’t rip at an inappropriate moment, he let them off just outside the cage. “Sorry for that!†he screamed gesturing at them “I’ll untie you when that MTV reject nutjob is safely rendered unthreatening!â€

Weaver was about to get back to the main fight when he heard a noise coming from above. A loud, inhuman yelp covered up music and animals alike, and suddenly he saw him: similar to the feral men-beasts they already stopped fighting, but somehow tougher, bigger and more menacing. A towering man-ape was swinging holding on to one of the vines dangling from the construction cranes around the zoo. He landed a powerful punch on the carpet-riding hero, breaking and his lip, and without losing momentum he let go of the vine, got hold of his knees, rolled up into a ball and flew through the air, landing just a few feet from a stupefied Asad.

“Oh, good! My favorite brother has joined this little annoyance on the road to the Revolution!" greeted him the supervillainess "Sing with me, brother, sing with me!†The man-ape screamed at the nightsky as he flexed his muscles, ready for battle, accompanied by Madame Marvelous's mad laughter.

Catalyst blinked once, then twice. Things were getting a bit, wild? Okay, well weird and wild. The ape man thing was definitely a decernable threat. Reloading her guns she glanced over at Weaver and his prediciment, the ape man was definitely a priority, she shoot him out with two of her snare loads before hitting rounds on to Madam Marvelous and the Feral thug. They seemed to be able to escape the grip but it seemed to slow the ape man down, she switched her load,

"Can you restrain the loon in leopard print Weaver, Asad seems a bit out of sorts at the moment. I will try my best to keep the animals at bay best I can."

Asad was taken aback on what happened to Angela. Her jabbering pure madness at him didn't help matters, and he found himself hesitating. Then came the screeching/roaring rush of the man-ape, he saw it sweep past him, attacking Weaver, and then the other heroine shooting something at their foes, to gum them up. Despite whatever he might be feeling now, he pulled together with a stubborn set of his jaw under his immaculately kept beard. "I do not have anything witty to say right now. But you need to stop this Angela. Now." And he held up a hand outstretched towards the other thug. He wanted to reason with her, he felt irrationally irresponsible right now. There was a dull roar in his ears a moment before pure kinetic force lanced out and struck the feral thug square in the gut, sending him to the ground, as he rose a foot or so into the air. "Weaver, say something if you are okay!"

“My dear child! Mother will avenge you!†screamed Madame as Asad blasted her henchman into the asphalt “And you†she pointed at the billionaire hero “You’ll regret using that name, as the sons of Nature sing their song of rebellion on your flesh!†She had some trouble fitting the shiny helmet over her ginormous mane of hair, but when it finally got in place, the two metallic antennas started lighting up.

Madame ran back, into the gates of the zoo “Come, come!†her voice was once again being blasted from the speakers, as she disappeared behind the pillar of the zoo’s gate. “Come find me among my new children!†Growls and roars rose as she got hold of the animals minds.

“Ah’m okahy.†Weaver replied to Asad with some trouble due to the swollen and bloodied lip. From his elevated position, he followed with his gaze Madame inside the bears’s cage. Go, but stay out of those beast’s reach he thought towards the carpet, and together they flew above the crazy woman and her new pets. “This is madness! You claim to be one with the nature but tell me: how is it natural what you’re doing to those animals?â€

He didn’t really wait for an answer. At his gesture, the big flag that greeted tourists into the zoo detached itself from the pole and flew down, to envelop the crazy villainess. She seemed to avoid that with a quick somersault, but the flag got a hold of her anyway, binding her legs and arms together and restraining her movements. “Maybe this will calm you down…â€

The foam was still expanding around the bestial man, but with a feral scream he flexed his muscles, shaking his body, hands and feet forcing against the ground, and finally ripping out of the nasty engulfing chemical while leaving behind large patches of fur.

He looked at the woman in the hazmat suit leaning out of the van; then started charging, zig-zagging on all four limbs faster than the eye, rolling into a ball and jumping, forcing Catalyst to lean out even more in order to follow his distracting movements and not lose sight of the danger. The screams of the man-beast to the nightsky made it even harder to concentrate properly on the fight.

The display of the ape man certianly caught her attention. She switched her rounds immediately as the snare seemed ineffective putting in some pepper spray rounds. She didn't know how badly it would effect the smell, but it would definitely slow the ape down. She managed a shoot out as she leaned out the van before realizing that the distraction made her lose track of Madam Marvelous. Glancing around she tried to squeeze off a shot in her direction but lost sight of Madam Marvelous just as she entered the zoo. The pepper spray ball splatted unpleasantly on the side of the building. She leaned out the van and grimaced. No way she could drive in there, there was no room for her van. Also she might hit an animal.

Opening the door she locked it up as she put her pistols in her side holster and pulled her sniper rifle from the back carriage and attaching it with a strap,

"Weaver,"

She called over to the man on the carpet,

"Would you be so kind to give me a lift, somewhere up high over the fence so I may have a good view."

Asad watches Madame Marvelous skidattle. "... Not everyday you see an ex is now a looney toon super villain. First big monkey, then deal with crazywoman." He wheeled on the man ape, and burst forward at him like a comet, it was a haymaker blow that he swung in a hard, downward arc to drive the Man-Ape to the ground. His thinking was sound, he saw it maul Weaver, and it almost got Catalyst. He knew he was tough enough to withstand assaults from the thing, he wasn't sure about the other two, and more importantly any civilians that were around. "Would you mind not hitting my associates!? I do not appreciate it! Leave your stinking paws off them, you damn dirty ape!"

Asad’s mighty blow hit the target on the nape, breaking his run and slamming him into the asphalt face first. The man-ape battlescream morphed into a howling of pain.

On the other side of the zoo wall, Madame Marvelous’s grasp on the animal minds was finally established. The two grizzly bears that just a few seconds ago were roaring at the noise of the battle, now clamed themselves and proceeded to rip apart the flag that Weaver used to engulf her. However despite the effort of the animals, a few rags still held Madame’s limbs, not allowing her to move freely. “Come on, my children, come on! Show your might to these so-called heroes!â€

“But of course, my trigger-happy friend!†Weaver answered at Catalyst’s request “You see, Asad?†he joked with the other hero “the lady appreciates the comfort of a ride on the magic carpet!†he concentrated and directed his thoughts towards Arug. As the carpet flew over the zoo gate, Saeid jumped off, landing on the two-feet-wide wall. Arug kept flying until it reached Catalyst “Jump on, my friend!†screamed Weaver “Arug will take you were you need! Just be kind with him, would you?â€

Turning his attention back to Madame, Weaver took a scarf from his costume and made it flew towards the already entrapped villainess. “I do it for you just as much as I do it for the city, Madame. Those clothes really need to be covered up with something decent!†he mocked her as she struggled against his attack.

Catalyst smiled slightly at the commentary, not that they could see it. She gave them a silent thumbs up instead as the carpet came her way. Hopping on she flew it over she leaned the rug and it ascended over the zoo wall and high above the scene behind it. Things were certainly wild, that was for sure. Weaver found Madam Marvelous and subdued her for that second, but really it wasn't enough. This needed to end soon. Catalyst set up the rifle with the stand and scope on Arug. The carpet kept level and even floating and stable enough for her to probably align her shot. It even moved so she could change angle without moving to much. She went through the cartridges and decided on a small incinerary, it wasn't powerful enough to cause anything but first degree burns at best, but it was painful and it should stop the women before she pushed this any further and that was important before things got truly wild. It was with that she got the round later and let it fly straight into it's target from her perch.

Turning from the dazed and confused Man-Ape, he pushed up into the air, not so much soaring as making a nice arc. At the apex of it he saw Madame Marvelous, and he promptly aimed, and landed feet first into the ground next to her, the force of that made the ground crumple under him, along with a localized tremor. He had never done it before, but he had seen enough footage of other heroes doing it to get feel he could make an attempt at it. He had nothing pithy to say this time. There were bears after all.

GM

Asad struck the ground with the might of a meteor: the resulting shockwave knocked on their backs the already incapacitated villainess and one of her ursine bodyguards. But while Madame was still prone, the bear rose with surprising agility and, together with his companion, tried to claw off Asad’s face.

Weaver

Seeing the large animals attack his fellow hero, Weaver was quick in locating two large blankets, abandoned in a corner of the guardian’s broom closet. Manipulating them, he tried to ensnare the bears and avoid further encounters between Asad and the mighty claws. Only one of the blankets was precise enough to envelop his target, though. The second bear moved aside, clawed the fabric and ripped it apart with his paws. “I may be putting blankets on bears†he snarked, directed to the confused Madame Marvelous “but I’d say yours is the worst Goldilocks costume I've ever seen, Madame!â€

Forgotten almost by everybody, the mutant simian was still outside the zoo, when finally his eyes cleared and he recovered from the painful effect of the pepper spray. He turned aside, realized that the fight moved away from him. The man who hit him so hard was nowhere to be seen from his point of view, but the hairless monkey that shot him So painful! was just above him, floating on the rug of her partner.

He started running, jumped against the wall to gain momentum, projecting himself towards one the vines that hang from the cranes. Screaming with excitement, he described a large arc that brought him right on a collision course with Catalyst: keeping the vine with both hands, he extended his legs and kicked the paintgun-using hero right in the chest.

Catalyst had barely just reloaded when something hit her and hit her hard. The body of the ape kicked her in the side, it was a fairly even shot that while it didn't break anything certianly bruised her and almost indefinitely pushed her off the side of Arug sending her into a freefall. She had very little time to think, instead she switched the cartridges from her gun and shot at the ground. The gluey chemicals hit the ground and puffed up immediately hardening into it's soft foamy form and catching Catalyst in an uncomfortable cushion, but a cushion none the less that absorbed the shock of the fall. She narrowed her eyes as she saw the manape land and held up her rifle from her prone position hitting him with another round of chemical fire.

"I really don't think you should have that little toy. You'll hurt people." And Asad went to grad it from her, before one of the bears that had been stunned came back to it's senses and took a vicious swipe at him, hitting him in the small of his back, and knocking him off balance, as he felt those claws ripping through his skin, shallowly, but still. "I am not a zookeeper! This is ridiculous, I am going to have all this bad press from PETA over this!" He glared at the beast, but realized he still had to get that device out of her hands or worse things would be happening.

• 4 weeks later...

Madame had almost lost her will to fight, but not her will to scream insane threats and provocations. Badly beaten, she stood up, the prototype on her head shining brightly as she directed the bear against Asad. “This is no toy, you fool! This… anf anf†she had to catch her breath to keep yelling “This is but the first step I take into freeing our brothers and sisters! You corporate mannequin cannot think of stopping me!†her voice was broken and tired, but still vibrant with passion and insanity – backed up by the unnatural sparkle of her eyes and her maniacal grin.

As she ended her speech, the bear once again landed a claw on Asad in an attempt to maul the increasingly shaggy-looking hero, now clad only in bloodied rags of his once expensive designer clothes.

This has gone long enough thought Weaver. With Arug in the air he lacked mobility, but he had a clean shot and took it: a small cape left his costume and enveloped itself around Madame’s ankles, wrists and eyes, completely blocking her. “Now, guys, now! She’s helpless, let’s take away that damn bear-controlling thing!†he yelled at his partners.

His screaming grabbed the attention of the confused man-ape, who opted for a good old-fashioned punch to the head as a way of dealing with an enemy. His powerful legs sprung him in the air and on the wall next to Weaver, but his swing was a bit rushed and missed the target.

"Let's keep it that way then,"

She pulled out two pistols and shot Madame Marvelous point blank with her pepperspray round, she didn't linger on the effects instead cracked another shot at the man-ape. That one missed, but she kept her stance and her eyes on the gorilla while the leopard clad egomaniac lay bound and stunned.

"I'll keep cover in case Magilla gets any ideas, also, careful of the orb, whatever it's original purpose it must of cost thousands to create in the first place, even if Asad is good for it, I am sure the scientists would appreciate it in reasonable condition."

• 1 month later...

"On it!" Said as he seriously considered updating his wardrobe, yes, he was going to splurge on some morphic molecules, as this was idiotic, bordering on indecent, well at least he was giving the tabloids some decent coverage. And then he moved, snatching up up whatever device she had. "Listen, I feel terribly if I helped contribute to your condition, however right now, it's not me, it's you." And then Asad rose up into the air, holding onto that box with his currently monumental strength. Getting fifty feet up into the air then.

• 2 weeks later...

GM

Madame Marvelous had not an ounce of energy left in her tanned and bizarrely dressed body. She raised her reddened eyes at the sky, watching powerless as Asad flew up with the gadget she was wearing just a second before.

The two bears fell on their rears, growling quietly, exhausted by the stress they had been subjected to.

“Amir…†she wasn’t screaming anymore “come back... don't take that too, after my heart...†she was shaking her head, almost delirious, mad with pain from the pepperspray shot and who knows what else.

Seeing his mistress defeated, and no longer influenced by the technological marvel, the man-ape looked as puzzled and tired as the bears. He stood on the wall, on four legs. He sniffed the air, cried at the night and jumped away, using the vines pending from the cranes, as swinglines to get away very fast from the battle.

“Well now…†said Weaver as he glided off the wall and onto his flying carpet “that certainly made a mess.†He watched the zoo, a mess of howls and shrieks, with directionless spotlights still pointing here and there and 80es music playing loud on loop. He looked up at Asad “Adventures with you tend to be always very chaotic, Mr. Al-Misri.â€

He then looked at Catalyst “So, what do you suggest now? Should we return that thing immediately?†he pointed up at the flying Asad “or is any of you up for pursuit?†said indicating the fleeing man-ape, a few vines away. “Maybe we can stop him without breaking another sweat.†He took control of the “vines†hanging from the crane. They were just climbing ropes painted brown. He tried to envelop the bizarre hybrid, but he was quick enough to dodge the ropes. “It appears it isn't so. Maybe you can be more effective?†asked to the paintball marksman besdie him.