A New Day, A New Way

Quiett

Archeville saw Dryad's movements and instantly calculated where she'd be in the next few moments. Sidestepping away at the last second, his would-be assailant felt the hairs (er, moss) on her arm stand up on end as she barely grazed against his force field, though she does catch herself in time to not crash into anything.

"I haff no reason to lie to you, madame" he says as he turns to face her, compassion and concern both clear on his face, "und I am not one to make false promises. I am a Doktor; if you are in pain, I can probably help you. Did zhe Green Man make you zhis vay? Are you to be one of his 'brides'?"

Where are those two? he thinks, wondering where Alan and Keira had gotten to.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dryad was beyond confusion now. Her was a man who did not fight back, but cared for her. However, the words "Green Man" triggered an unusual response.

Suddenly, memories came pouring in. She remembered a needle piercing her skin as she wiggled and screamed in fear. She remembered also a huge figure blocking the sun, laughing. She heard screams off in the distance, and didn't know what happened.

The wave of memories brought a tear to Dryads eye. She wiped it off with her clawed hand, then collapsed onto the floor, weeping like a child who had lost her candy.

Dryad was beyond confusion now. Her was a man who did not fight back, but cared for her. However, the words "Green Man" triggered an unusual response.

Suddenly, memories came pouring in. She remembered a needle piercing her skin as she wiggled and screamed in fear. She remembered also a huge figure blocking the sun, laughing. She heard screams off in the distance, and didn't know what happened.

The wave of memories brought a tear to Dryads eye. She wiped it off with her clawed hand, then collapsed onto the floor, weeping like a child who had lost her candy.

Quick, while she's down, pick up that table and smash her head in!

What? No, we can't do that! She's obviously confused and in pain and needs our help!

Bah! What she needs is a long stay in a small cell! Plus, you know as well as I that she's faking this crying fit to get us to lower our guard!

And you know as well as I that that's a risk we must take, if doing so means she'll trust us and let us end this conflict with as little damage as possible. We have to help her!

She's going to stab you....

That's a risk I'm willing to take.

Fine, but don't come crying to me when you've got sucking chest wound....

Archeville hesitated a moment, as if caught in an internal conflict, but soon took a few steps towards Dryad. "It's all right, no one's going to hurt you, und you don't haff to hurt anyone. If you're lost, I can help you find your vay." He knelt beside her and reached out a hand to her, using the other to switch off his glowing force field. "You haff no reason to be afraid, I vill protect you from whoever did zhis to you."

Quick, while she's down, pick up that table and smash her head in!

What? No, we can't do that! She's obviously confused and in pain and needs our help!

Bah! What she needs is a long stay in a small cell! Plus, you know as well as I that she's faking this crying fit to get us to lower our guard!

And you know as well as I that that's a risk we must take, if doing so means she'll trust us and let us end this conflict with as little damage as possible. We have to help her!

She's going to stab you....

That's a risk I'm willing to take.

Fine, but don't come crying to me when you've got sucking chest wound....

Archeville hesitated a moment, as if caught in an internal conflict, but soon took a few steps towards Dryad. "It's all right, no one's going to hurt you, und you don't haff to hurt anyone. If you're lost, I can help you find your vay." He knelt beside her and reached out a hand to her, using the other to switch off his glowing force field. "You haff no reason to be afraid, I vill protect you from whoever did zhis to you."

Dryad acted like a little child, hustling into Archvilles arms. Then she clutched her head in agony as she fell to her knees.

"Please...get out of here. Green Man is regaining control of me, I'll attack you. Please, sever my link with him, even if it is for a couple of minutes. I want to think with my own mind" Dryad begged. Then she resumed calm as she stood up.

"Dryad Belongs to me" She roared, thorn flicking out of her wrist. However, she did not throw it.

Dryad acted like a little child, hustling into Archvilles arms. Then she clutched her head in agony as she fell to her knees.

"Please...get out of here. Green Man is regaining control of me, I'll attack you. Please, sever my link with him, even if it is for a couple of minutes. I want to think with my own mind" Dryad begged. Then she resumed calm as she stood up.

"Dryad Belongs to me" She roared, thorn flicking out of her wrist. However, she did not throw it.

Kiera stood in the street and watched people run from the club screaming. She pulled out her phone and considered dialing 911 for aid and reporting the incident. I'm not a bloody hero. She murmurs to herself and starts to dial the number. However, a malicious grin spreads across her face and she pockets the phone.

But that doesn't mean I can test how solid I can make my shadows! She runs off into the night toward the door and comes around just in time to see Dryad pulling a spike to attack the Doctor.

Leave the German alone, *****[mean woman?]! No one ruins a good party, time for you to go back to whatever hole you came from

Kizzy holds out one hand and flicks her wrist in a slow, dancelike motion. In response to her movement a thin tendril lashes out across the street from thirty feet away and {d20+10=22}lashes at the villain.

Kiera stood in the street and watched people run from the club screaming. She pulled out her phone and considered dialing 911 for aid and reporting the incident. I'm not a bloody hero. She murmurs to herself and starts to dial the number. However, a malicious grin spreads across her face and she pockets the phone.

But that doesn't mean I can test how solid I can make my shadows! She runs off into the night toward the door and comes around just in time to see Dryad pulling a spike to attack the Doctor.

Leave the German alone, *****[mean woman?]! No one ruins a good party, time for you to go back to whatever hole you came from

Kizzy holds out one hand and flicks her wrist in a slow, dancelike motion. In response to her movement a thin tendril lashes out across the street from thirty feet away and {d20+10=22}lashes at the villain.

Nice shot!

No! That's now how it was supposed to go! She was trying to give up, she's obviously under another's influence!

Figured that girl had some power in her... I'd not mind seeing just how much she's got in her...

If we can rig up some sort of- wait, what? Oh, you're disgusting! Stop it!

Wouldn't mind seeing what makes this one tick, either. All those different... textures.

......... ew! Okay, you keep being a perv, I'll be doing something useful and try to defuse things. Which looks to be very difficult.

Archeville's eyes widened as he saw the bolt of shadow slam into Dryad, and quickly rose up to his feet and re-activated his force field. As Dryad's mood was shifting to blind rage, she could just make out his face contorting from a look of soft compassion to one more stony determination. "Keira, Star" he called out, though still focusing on Dryad, "zhings are not as zhey seem. This voman is a victim of mind control. She is not in control of her actions, und should be restrained mit a minimum of harm."

He then levitated up and began flying towards one of the DJ stations, "If you two can hold her, I should be able to find a vay to temporarily break zhe control und give her back her mind... zhough, even zhen, she may still prove difficult."

Nice shot!

No! That's now how it was supposed to go! She was trying to give up, she's obviously under another's influence!

Figured that girl had some power in her... I'd not mind seeing just how much she's got in her...

If we can rig up some sort of- wait, what? Oh, you're disgusting! Stop it!

Wouldn't mind seeing what makes this one tick, either. All those different... textures.

......... ew! Okay, you keep being a perv, I'll be doing something useful and try to defuse things. Which looks to be very difficult.

Archeville's eyes widened as he saw the bolt of shadow slam into Dryad, and quickly rose up to his feet and re-activated his force field. As Dryad's mood was shifting to blind rage, she could just make out his face contorting from a look of soft compassion to one more stony determination. "Keira, Star" he called out, though still focusing on Dryad, "zhings are not as zhey seem. This voman is a victim of mind control. She is not in control of her actions, und should be restrained mit a minimum of harm."

He then levitated up and began flying towards one of the DJ stations, "If you two can hold her, I should be able to find a vay to temporarily break zhe control und give her back her mind... zhough, even zhen, she may still prove difficult."

Kizzy allows the shadow tendril to recoil from its target and wrap once again around its mistress. She stands there looking like some dark hero come to save the day, an image ruined by her next words.

Awesome!! Did you guys see that? Oh that was totally sweet, like. I didn't know these were sharp enough to actually hurt someone. Oh..wow she's bleeding... Kizzy's excitement seems to fail and she looks concerned as if she had not realized the result of her actions.

Doctor, I think I made a big mistake! She steps through the shadows of a nearby streetlight and appears next behind Star. As she steps from the shadow under a table she crouches behind him and says, I'll wait here.

Kizzy allows the shadow tendril to recoil from its target and wrap once again around its mistress. She stands there looking like some dark hero come to save the day, an image ruined by her next words.

Awesome!! Did you guys see that? Oh that was totally sweet, like. I didn't know these were sharp enough to actually hurt someone. Oh..wow she's bleeding... Kizzy's excitement seems to fail and she looks concerned as if she had not realized the result of her actions.

Doctor, I think I made a big mistake! She steps through the shadows of a nearby streetlight and appears next behind Star. As she steps from the shadow under a table she crouches behind him and says, I'll wait here.

Oh-ho, another nice shot!

Dagnabbit, this is not going at all as planned!

... did you just say 'dagnabbit'?

Oh, hush. We've got to get her secured and stabilized.

I know where we can secure her...

I'm sure you do. But I know somewhere safer.

The loud CRACK of Star's laser-like blast as it superheated the air in a line between he & Dryad did not draw Archeville's attention. The smell of her cooking flesh, heated to temperatures far above the boiling point, did. "Vhat's zhat smell? Roast pork und potatoes?" Archeville queried as he looked up from the DJ station, holding a half dozen electrical components (torn from the station) in his hands. His eyes went wide (again) as he saw Dryad had fallen. He dropped the components and flew back towards the plant-girl. He did a quick check to make sure she was in any immediate mortal danger, and seemed satisfied to find she was only unconscious.

"Um... zhat is not exactly vhat I had in mind vhen I asked you to hold her," he said, tunring to Alan, "but I suppose it vill do. Nice shooting. So, ve call 911 now, ja?"

Oh-ho, another nice shot!

Dagnabbit, this is not going at all as planned!

... did you just say 'dagnabbit'?

Oh, hush. We've got to get her secured and stabilized.

I know where we can secure her...

I'm sure you do. But I know somewhere safer.

The loud CRACK of Star's laser-like blast as it superheated the air in a line between he & Dryad did not draw Archeville's attention. The smell of her cooking flesh, heated to temperatures far above the boiling point, did. "Vhat's zhat smell? Roast pork und potatoes?" Archeville queried as he looked up from the DJ station, holding a half dozen electrical components (torn from the station) in his hands. His eyes went wide (again) as he saw Dryad had fallen. He dropped the components and flew back towards the plant-girl. He did a quick check to make sure she was in any immediate mortal danger, and seemed satisfied to find she was only unconscious.

"Um... zhat is not exactly vhat I had in mind vhen I asked you to hold her," he said, tunring to Alan, "but I suppose it vill do. Nice shooting. So, ve call 911 now, ja?"

A deep voice is heard in the doctor's head. "I did what needed to be done to protect those around us. I couldn't be sure that I could hold her, but unconsciousness will keep her out of trouble."

Star turns from the doctor to look around the room for a minute.

"It seems that the situation here is safe."

A deep voice is heard in the doctor's head. "I did what needed to be done to protect those around us. I couldn't be sure that I could hold her, but unconsciousness will keep her out of trouble."

Star turns from the doctor to look around the room for a minute.

"It seems that the situation here is safe."