A New Day, A New Way

Quiett

Alan left the comic shop with an arm full of comics ranging from brand new to several decades old. He was determined to learn what being a hero was about. Alan headed down to the park where he could read in relative peace and quiet under the statue of Centurion. He knew that his real inspiration would be watching him learn about his new calling.

The cool wind blew across Alan as he sat reading. Each new comic brought new images to his mind. He knew he couldn't change his costume, he'd tried that already, but the public's thoughts on him would be another view that he could impact. I was something he was determined to make the best of.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan left the comic shop with an arm full of comics ranging from brand new to several decades old. He was determined to learn what being a hero was about. Alan headed down to the park where he could read in relative peace and quiet under the statue of Centurion. He knew that his real inspiration would be watching him learn about his new calling.

The cool wind blew across Alan as he sat reading. Each new comic brought new images to his mind. He knew he couldn't change his costume, he'd tried that already, but the public's thoughts on him would be another view that he could impact. I was something he was determined to make the best of.

Kizzy looked around the park and nodded to herself. This would be a good place to learn, not too many people and lots of grassy areas to crash into. She tossed the cheap skateboard onto the pavement and watched it roll to the edge of the street before stopping at the grass. This didn't look too hard. She jumped on it and balanced precariously while rolling slowly forward. Deciding that it was a bit too slow she used her foot to speed the thing up until she was careening down the road past a few couples walking through the park. She saw the huge Sentry Statue ahead and was distracted just long enough to go speeding into the grass. The rough surface landed her face first into the dirt.

Kizzy looked around the park and nodded to herself. This would be a good place to learn, not too many people and lots of grassy areas to crash into. She tossed the cheap skateboard onto the pavement and watched it roll to the edge of the street before stopping at the grass. This didn't look too hard. She jumped on it and balanced precariously while rolling slowly forward. Deciding that it was a bit too slow she used her foot to speed the thing up until she was careening down the road past a few couples walking through the park. She saw the huge Sentry Statue ahead and was distracted just long enough to go speeding into the grass. The rough surface landed her face first into the dirt.

Alan looks up just in time to see the young woman fall face first into the dirt. He stands quickly and discards the comic he was reading. Alan rushes down to the woman and extends a hand to help her up.

"Looks like you need some more practice, or maybe just give up on it."

Alan tries to flash a flirty smile, but there is no confidence behind it.

Alan looks up just in time to see the young woman fall face first into the dirt. He stands quickly and discards the comic he was reading. Alan rushes down to the woman and extends a hand to help her up.

@#!$ Kizzy takes the offered hand and stands up, brushing grass off her skirt and poking at a new hole in her stockings. Just when you think ya got it.. She looks over at the man who'd come to help her up. I'll have to keep at it since I'd like to go to the skate park and show up some of the guys there. Thanks for the help by the way, I'm still pretty new in town and it's the first time I've seen the Sentry. I never really spent any time going around seeing all the tourist sights. Kizzy's thick accent gives away her foreign-ness when she speaks.

@#!$ Kizzy takes the offered hand and stands up, brushing grass off her skirt and poking at a new hole in her stockings. Just when you think ya got it.. She looks over at the man who'd come to help her up. I'll have to keep at it since I'd like to go to the skate park and show up some of the guys there. Thanks for the help by the way, I'm still pretty new in town and it's the first time I've seen the Sentry. I never really spent any time going around seeing all the tourist sights. Kizzy's thick accent gives away her foreign-ness when she speaks.

All your life? Wow I can't even imagine staying in one place for so long...don't you get bored? Same people, same places? Kizzy walks over to her board and picks it up, tucking it under one arm. A tour hm? Well I suppose since you've lived here for forever then you'd know if this place has any good clubs and nightlife? Lead the way!

All your life? Wow I can't even imagine staying in one place for so long...don't you get bored? Same people, same places? Kizzy walks over to her board and picks it up, tucking it under one arm. A tour hm? Well I suppose since you've lived here for forever then you'd know if this place has any good clubs and nightlife? Lead the way!

"Yeah, boredom has crept in from time to time, but my family was here and I just couldn't stay away." Alan walks over and stuffs the comics in a bag he was carrying.

"There are plenty of clubs around town, it just depends on what sort of music you're into. Personally I prefer Millenium or Legends, they seem to be the most accommodating to the larger crowds." Alan motions for the young lady to follow him and then stops. "If I'm going to be giving you a tour, could I at least find out what your name is?"

"Yeah, boredom has crept in from time to time, but my family was here and I just couldn't stay away." Alan walks over and stuffs the comics in a bag he was carrying.

"There are plenty of clubs around town, it just depends on what sort of music you're into. Personally I prefer Millenium or Legends, they seem to be the most accommodating to the larger crowds." Alan motions for the young lady to follow him and then stops. "If I'm going to be giving you a tour, could I at least find out what your name is?"

"There are plenty of clubs around town, it just depends on what sort of music you're into. Personally I prefer Millenium or Legends, they seem to be the most accommodating to the larger crowds."

"Sounds like a good place to start. I like anything that has a good beat to dance too, although I will say I like what some people call 'gothic' dance music."

"If I'm going to be giving you a tour, could I at least find out what your name is?"

Kizzy laughs and shakes her head, amazed at her own rudeness. "I am sorry! I completely forgot to introduce myself. I'm Keira, currently I'm living over at the Claremont Academy. Everyone just calls me Kizzy though."

"There are plenty of clubs around town, it just depends on what sort of music you're into. Personally I prefer Millenium or Legends, they seem to be the most accommodating to the larger crowds."

"Sounds like a good place to start. I like anything that has a good beat to dance too, although I will say I like what some people call 'gothic' dance music."

"If I'm going to be giving you a tour, could I at least find out what your name is?"

Kizzy laughs and shakes her head, amazed at her own rudeness. "I am sorry! I completely forgot to introduce myself. I'm Keira, currently I'm living over at the Claremont Academy. Everyone just calls me Kizzy though."