A New Day, A New Way

Quiett

Kizzy flirts with the bouncer until he lets her in without checking her id. She gives him a small kiss on the cheek and bounces on into the club. Once inside she immediately hits the dance floor and like the last club clears a small place for herself with the strange, almost substantial shadow tendrils.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kizzy flirts with the bouncer until he lets her in without checking her id. She gives him a small kiss on the cheek and bounces on into the club. Once inside she immediately hits the dance floor and like the last club clears a small place for herself with the strange, almost substantial shadow tendrils.

And then the party silenced. If you turned to the door, you could see why...

Something slammed into the door, not damaging it but the impact could be heard, the movement of the atoms alerting those nearby. Again and again, the impact could be felt and heard. Then suddenly, the bang ceased. A tiny little spider came crawling underneath a gap.

And then the party silenced. If you turned to the door, you could see why...

Something slammed into the door, not damaging it but the impact could be heard, the movement of the atoms alerting those nearby. Again and again, the impact could be felt and heard. Then suddenly, the bang ceased. A tiny little spider came crawling underneath a gap.

Suddenly, the spider excreted some kind of liquid. Slowly, the liquid starts to rise, forming legs, then torso, then arms, then finally, Dryad stood in front of everybody in the Club. Suddenly, the floor of the club started to crack and break. Then, thorny plants grew in the cracks of the floor, taking up a wide space.

"Industrial stuff should be broken, and nature is owed this earth" Dryad giggled.

Suddenly, the spider excreted some kind of liquid. Slowly, the liquid starts to rise, forming legs, then torso, then arms, then finally, Dryad stood in front of everybody in the Club. Suddenly, the floor of the club started to crack and break. Then, thorny plants grew in the cracks of the floor, taking up a wide space.

"Industrial stuff should be broken, and nature is owed this earth" Dryad giggled.

Kizzy watches the crowd panic before deciding what to do. She chooses the route of a true hero and steps into the darkness of a nearby strobe and disappears. She reappears outside the club and lets out a sigh of relief. Well so much for that place, maybe the next club won't have any party crashers at it?

Kizzy watches the crowd panic before deciding what to do. She chooses the route of a true hero and steps into the darkness of a nearby strobe and disappears. She reappears outside the club and lets out a sigh of relief. Well so much for that place, maybe the next club won't have any party crashers at it?

"Alan, Keira, we-" Archeville calls out before realizing both his friends have seemingly abandoned him.

"Vell, zhat's just great!"

Undeterred, the Super-Scientist stands and walks towards Dryad, activating his force field as he moves. Once he's about 60 feet from her, standing between her and one of the now-silent DJ mix stations, he calls to her. "Oh, I zhink zhat's a bit rash now, ja? I mean, look at all zhe good Industry has done! Und it's not like some ancient rainforest was slashed und burned in order to erect zhis place!"

"Alan, Keira, we-" Archeville calls out before realizing both his friends have seemingly abandoned him.

"Vell, zhat's just great!"

Undeterred, the Super-Scientist stands and walks towards Dryad, activating his force field as he moves. Once he's about 60 feet from her, standing between her and one of the now-silent DJ mix stations, he calls to her. "Oh, I zhink zhat's a bit rash now, ja? I mean, look at all zhe good Industry has done! Und it's not like some ancient rainforest was slashed und burned in order to erect zhis place!"

Alan could hear the commotion outside the bathroom. He waited impatiently as the suit bled out of his skin. Each part of the suit that covered him felt like a host of needles piecing his skin. Alan worked his hardest to keeps silent as the white "skin" covered him from head to toe.

Alan could hear the commotion outside the bathroom. He waited impatiently as the suit bled out of his skin. Each part of the suit that covered him felt like a host of needles piecing his skin. Alan worked his hardest to keeps silent as the white "skin" covered him from head to toe.

Dryad's thorn shoots straight and true towards Archeville, right towards his torso. His force field flashes as it tries to absorb the kinetic energy of the projectile, but the attack proves too potent and manages to break through. Archeville's second layer of protection, his super-polymer labcoat, absorbs more of the impact, but not all. Still, as potent as the attack is, all it leaves is a nasty bruise a couple of inches below his heart and causes him to stagger a step or two back, a testament to his technological genius.

"Ow!" he says, somewhat indignantly, brushing away the thorn from his shirt. "Despite your rude manners, I'd not call you a monster... zhough if you keep zhat up, mein opinion may change." He looks back up and looks her in the eyes, "Und, yes, I vill speak to you -- 'you can get much further mit kind vords und superpowers zhan you can mit superpowers alone.' Now, vhy don't ve--" The super-scintist pauses, as if his train of thought had suddenly been derailed, "Vait, is zhat how zhe saying goes? Zhat doesn't seem right.... Anyvay, vhy don't ve all just have a nice sit down und talk zhings out, hrm? Eco-Terrorism is still terrorism, und zhis country tends to frown a bit upon such zhings."

Dryad's thorn shoots straight and true towards Archeville, right towards his torso. His force field flashes as it tries to absorb the kinetic energy of the projectile, but the attack proves too potent and manages to break through. Archeville's second layer of protection, his super-polymer labcoat, absorbs more of the impact, but not all. Still, as potent as the attack is, all it leaves is a nasty bruise a couple of inches below his heart and causes him to stagger a step or two back, a testament to his technological genius.

"Ow!" he says, somewhat indignantly, brushing away the thorn from his shirt. "Despite your rude manners, I'd not call you a monster... zhough if you keep zhat up, mein opinion may change." He looks back up and looks her in the eyes, "Und, yes, I vill speak to you -- 'you can get much further mit kind vords und superpowers zhan you can mit superpowers alone.' Now, vhy don't ve--" The super-scintist pauses, as if his train of thought had suddenly been derailed, "Vait, is zhat how zhe saying goes? Zhat doesn't seem right.... Anyvay, vhy don't ve all just have a nice sit down und talk zhings out, hrm? Eco-Terrorism is still terrorism, und zhis country tends to frown a bit upon such zhings."

Dryad looked settled down when Archville started talking again. However, she had only one instinct left after Ashley made her into this demon she was. Suddenly, Dryad leaped towards Archville, her gnarled oaken hand aiming for his throat, hatred burning in what was left of her eyes.

"You lier, you'd never talk to a monster, you're making false promises" Dryad screeched.

Dryad looked settled down when Archville started talking again. However, she had only one instinct left after Ashley made her into this demon she was. Suddenly, Dryad leaped towards Archville, her gnarled oaken hand aiming for his throat, hatred burning in what was left of her eyes.

"You lier, you'd never talk to a monster, you're making false promises" Dryad screeched.

Archeville saw Dryad's movements and instantly calculated where she'd be in the next few moments. Sidestepping away at the last second, his would-be assailant felt the hairs (er, moss) on her arm stand up on end as she barely grazed against his force field, though she does catch herself in time to not crash into anything.

"I haff no reason to lie to you, madame" he says as he turns to face her, compassion and concern both clear on his face, "und I am not one to make false promises. I am a Doktor; if you are in pain, I can probably help you. Did zhe Green Man make you zhis vay? Are you to be one of his 'brides'?"

Where are those two? he thinks, wondering where Alan and Keira had gotten to.