A New Day, A New Way

Quiett

"I just agreed to come here mit you two," Archeville said to Alan, "I never said anything about participating! Besides, ve all haff our own vays of haffing fun, ja? For me, it is fun to sit here und observe ozhers."

The super-scientist -- who looked even more out of place in the nightclub than he did in the residential area where they'd first met -- reached into his labcoat pockets, fumbling around for something. "Speaking of observing, I've noticed you seem to be looking for someone. A friend? A foe? A voman?" Archeville smirked and winked at that last one, at the same time withdrawing a medium-sized (about 4" x 6") notepad and a pencil from one of his pockets. As he flipped it open, Alan could see the briefest glimpse of mathematical and chemical formulas and technical sketchings.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"An old girlfriend of mine used to come here a lot. I'm not sure if I'd like to see her tonight or not. Just trying to keep my eyes open for her in case she comes this way.

Alan takes another drink of his beer and seems to relax slightly.

"So, tell me doctor, what do you think of those tentacles on Kizzy?"

"An old girlfriend of mine used to come here a lot. I'm not sure if I'd like to see her tonight or not. Just trying to keep my eyes open for her in case she comes this way.

Alan takes another drink of his beer and seems to relax slightly.

"So, tell me doctor, what do you think of those tentacles on Kizzy?"

"Zhey are quite intriguing, ja," he says as he glances over at the dancing Keira. "Reminds me of a woman I'd heard of in Poland, went by the name 'Zmierzch' -- 'Twilight.' She vorks mit zhe government zhere, a registered hero; she could generate intense darkness, even concentrate it into damaging blasts, und turn herself into a shadow. She comes across as incredibly spooky, very 'Goth,' but I hear once you get to know her she's equally pleasant und easygoing. Vonder if zhey're related....?".

Archeville seemed to ponder this a moment, then returned back to his notepad, sketching something that looked like a collection of Lego Blocks and Lincoln Logs.

"Old girlfriend, eh? he suddenly asked, though without looking up from or pausing in his sketching. "Did you break it off, or did she?"

"Zhey are quite intriguing, ja," he says as he glances over at the dancing Keira. "Reminds me of a woman I'd heard of in Poland, went by the name 'Zmierzch' -- 'Twilight.' She vorks mit zhe government zhere, a registered hero; she could generate intense darkness, even concentrate it into damaging blasts, und turn herself into a shadow. She comes across as incredibly spooky, very 'Goth,' but I hear once you get to know her she's equally pleasant und easygoing. Vonder if zhey're related....?".

Archeville seemed to ponder this a moment, then returned back to his notepad, sketching something that looked like a collection of Lego Blocks and Lincoln Logs.

"Old girlfriend, eh? he suddenly asked, though without looking up from or pausing in his sketching. "Did you break it off, or did she?"

Alan looks at the doctor as though he's said too much. "Um, I guess after my parents, I just stopped calling her. It didn't end so much as I disappeared for a while. I felt bad, but it's like it's too late to apologize now."

Alan looks over at Kizzy again and speaks quietly to himself. "Darkness? Maybe I should keep my distance."

Alan looks at the doctor as though he's said too much. "Um, I guess after my parents, I just stopped calling her. It didn't end so much as I disappeared for a while. I felt bad, but it's like it's too late to apologize now."

Alan looks over at Kizzy again and speaks quietly to himself. "Darkness? Maybe I should keep my distance."

"Contrary to certain American films, love does mean having to say you're sorry," Archeville replied, this time pausing in his sketching and looking up towards Alan. "If you vant to apologize to her, possibly even get back mit her, you should do so. Vere the two of you not close enough zhat she, at zhe least, deserves an explanation for your disappearance?"

"Contrary to certain American films, love does mean having to say you're sorry," Archeville replied, this time pausing in his sketching and looking up towards Alan. "If you vant to apologize to her, possibly even get back mit her, you should do so. Vere the two of you not close enough zhat she, at zhe least, deserves an explanation for your disappearance?"

After realizing that many, if not all, of the other people in the club are at least college aged or older; Kizzy gets bored of dancing alone and returns to the table. She winks at an attractive man in what looks like a loose shirt more akin to something worn in France around the 1600's then today but pouts when he completely ignores the underaged highschool kid. She sits down at a stool and rests her chin in one hand. A slim, shadow snaps out from her hand and snatches her cosmo from the table, bringing it closer. I heard something about a girlfriend? Is Alan looking to hook up with someone tonight? Oooooh!!

After realizing that many, if not all, of the other people in the club are at least college aged or older; Kizzy gets bored of dancing alone and returns to the table. She winks at an attractive man in what looks like a loose shirt more akin to something worn in France around the 1600's then today but pouts when he completely ignores the underaged highschool kid. She sits down at a stool and rests her chin in one hand. A slim, shadow snaps out from her hand and snatches her cosmo from the table, bringing it closer. I heard something about a girlfriend? Is Alan looking to hook up with someone tonight? Oooooh!!

"Perhaps she does, doctor. My concern is that before I can apologize, I may have to dodge a thrown drink."

Alan looks at Kizzy when she sits down and he smiles.

"No I sincerely doubt that I'll be hooking up with anyone any time soon. Just keeping my eyes out for potential problems from my past."

"Perhaps she does, doctor. My concern is that before I can apologize, I may have to dodge a thrown drink."

Alan looks at Kizzy when she sits down and he smiles.

"No I sincerely doubt that I'll be hooking up with anyone any time soon. Just keeping my eyes out for potential problems from my past."

Archeville arches an eyebrow at seeing Keira's shadow-tentacle manipulates a physical object.

"Ah, I see your point, Alan. Vell, I trust you'll do zhe right zhing, you zeem to haff a good head on your shoulders. Just remember, when you duck, do so mit your knees, not your back."

"So, you two, shall we remain here, or adventure tovards another club?"

Archeville arches an eyebrow at seeing Keira's shadow-tentacle manipulates a physical object.

"Ah, I see your point, Alan. Vell, I trust you'll do zhe right zhing, you zeem to haff a good head on your shoulders. Just remember, when you duck, do so mit your knees, not your back."

"So, you two, shall we remain here, or adventure tovards another club?"

Kizzy contemplated the doctor's question for but a moment before responding with a torrent of chatter. Should we go elsewhere? We only just paid the entrance fee! But I don't know how much I like this club. The music is okay but no one will dance with me! Too many older men if you ask. I think my fake ID fooled the bouncer but I do not see any other highschool aged people here. Kind of awkward to dance with someone just out of college. And what's with all the looks? Pfft you'd think that in this city they would be used to freaks. Guess not. Bah and I'd have thought that being from Bulgaria would be my only problem when we moved here. Stupid shadows. Heck there are people at school that are MUCH stranger, I mean who the heck goes around in tights? That's like, so 60's. Even heroes should get a fashion sense. I, mean, hellooo. But yea I guess my vote is to go elsewhere. Maybe where we can find someone my age? Or at least better music. Who plays rock music at a club? Silly americans.

Kizzy contemplated the doctor's question for but a moment before responding with a torrent of chatter. Should we go elsewhere? We only just paid the entrance fee! But I don't know how much I like this club. The music is okay but no one will dance with me! Too many older men if you ask. I think my fake ID fooled the bouncer but I do not see any other highschool aged people here. Kind of awkward to dance with someone just out of college. And what's with all the looks? Pfft you'd think that in this city they would be used to freaks. Guess not. Bah and I'd have thought that being from Bulgaria would be my only problem when we moved here. Stupid shadows. Heck there are people at school that are MUCH stranger, I mean who the heck goes around in tights? That's like, so 60's. Even heroes should get a fashion sense. I, mean, hellooo. But yea I guess my vote is to go elsewhere. Maybe where we can find someone my age? Or at least better music. Who plays rock music at a club? Silly americans.

Alan looks at Kizzy and shakes his head slightly. "Kizzy, deep breath, slow down. If you want to head to another club, I'd be fine with that. If not I'm fine here too. As for them being used to freaks, I think your shadows are a little more... obvious than they're used to."

Alan looks at Kizzy and shakes his head slightly. "Kizzy, deep breath, slow down. If you want to head to another club, I'd be fine with that. If not I'm fine here too. As for them being used to freaks, I think your shadows are a little more... obvious than they're used to."

"Ja, und zhere's zhat whole 'primal fear of zhe dark' zhing lodged into most people's psyches," Archeville says off-handedly as he puts his notepad and pencil back into his labcoat pocket. A disconcerted look then flashes across his face, as if he'd just made an error in a mathematical equation (or as if he'd just realized the social faux pas he'd made). "Er, sorry, no offense intended, Keira."

"I'm villing to go if you all are. I'm up to seeing vhat manner of night-life zhere is in zhe city, und logic dictates zhat zhe best vay to do so is to make a cursory pass at as many clubs as possible, followed by more zhorough investigations later. I believe zhe cab driver mentioned a jazz club near here, Hot Licks, und I also believe he mentioned a place for zhe 'younger crowd,' near zhe Park in Riverside."

"Ja, und zhere's zhat whole 'primal fear of zhe dark' zhing lodged into most people's psyches," Archeville says off-handedly as he puts his notepad and pencil back into his labcoat pocket. A disconcerted look then flashes across his face, as if he'd just made an error in a mathematical equation (or as if he'd just realized the social faux pas he'd made). "Er, sorry, no offense intended, Keira."

"I'm villing to go if you all are. I'm up to seeing vhat manner of night-life zhere is in zhe city, und logic dictates zhat zhe best vay to do so is to make a cursory pass at as many clubs as possible, followed by more zhorough investigations later. I believe zhe cab driver mentioned a jazz club near here, Hot Licks, und I also believe he mentioned a place for zhe 'younger crowd,' near zhe Park in Riverside."