Haute Cuisine (IC)

As the Silencer raised his weapon, Marceau had gotten to the ground.

As the Silencer aimed the King of Suits fired his grapple gun at the Aliment's rooftop sign.

And as the diners within had stared shocked as the grim vigilante prepared to fire off his deadly barrage, a massive weight slammed into him from behind as Marceau swung on his line, sending the would-be bomber/poisoner hurtling into the opposite wall, plowing through tables and chairs to come to a sudden stop against a well- made barrier of wood.

Crashing head-over-heels into the dining room, the King of Suits grimly observed his handiwork, picked up the sonic gun and de-activated the sound blanketing field.

Turing to Rene, he asked politely "Citizen, would you please inform the police of what has happened here? I shall remain until this wretch" he pointed to the Silencer "Is in police custody" seating himself in a nearby chair, he surreptitiously wiped away the cold sweat that had sprung up on his ride by wire.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

The Silencer groaned.

What had happened?

All his plans...so carefully executed...

The drugged coffee...

The kitchen boy disguise...

The concealed weapon...

The bomb in the suitcase...

He was at a loss to explain how it had all gone wrong. How some punk in a costume had dismantled him at every turn. Even as he felt his head spin and his consciousness gave way, he took a last long look at the King of Suits.

"Nothing get's in my way...." he whispered at the masked hero "...don't think you will...next...time..." he added, as he blacked out.

Rene paused only to give the the King of Suits a gentle applause. The need for illusion had passed, and amidst the shock of the King of Suits dramatic and decisive entrance, he decided to dispense with his mirages.

Indeed it was only a matter of moments before the King of Suits was being cheered, backslapped and even hugged by the patrons of Aliments Avenir and the staff too - not least, Monsieur Verdoux.

Rene slipped off to the Kitchens to make what he had to admit was a satisfying phone call.

"'Ello, Police? Monsieur deSaens 'ere...oui, the gentleman who dropped off ze Silencer weapon yesterday. Well, you will never guess what I have to drop off to you today...!"

Marceau remained long enough in his disguise as the King of Suits to see to it that the Silencer was taken into custody. Sticking around long enough to sign autographs(using his right hand), politely return hugs, and thank Verdoux and the patrons for not panicking when a gunman walked in the door. When asked how he had managed to be there so soon, he told them a young man of Marceau's description "Was most invaluable".

After he was sure his work was done, he cheerfully made his goodbyes to the patrons and the staff and went out, removed his guise in a nearby alley, and returned through the back door.

When he met the old painter he firmly embraced him tightly, saying in French "<Thank you, Rene, a thousand times thank you! I could never have done this without your help. How may I repay you, my friend>"

Rene gave Marceau a friendly hug back with an equally big smile painted on his face.

"No need, my friend, no need!" he laughed. "You can repay me by eating well, and congratulating yourself...and not getting too cocky" he added with a wink.

"That was quite some stunt you pulled there. Ze crook had no chance against you when you have righteousness on your side, eh?" he mused, giving Marceau a pat on the back.

"And now, I think a celebratory drink is called for. At least for me, if you will not join me. Permit an old Frenchman his glass of wine, eh? even if it is bad for my health. And let us be clear this was your victory. Everybody knows Rene deSaens is just a helpless old man..."

"<I will, Rene! the bonus I got yesterday will go a long way used sparingly>" returned Marceau jovially, "<I hope this is a sign of good things to come>"

At the mention of a celebratory drink he nodded his assent eagerly "<I'll gladly join you for a round or two, Rene! And while I did blast the Silencer into that wall, the only reason there was a wall was because of you and your hat. Helpless old man or no, it was thanks to you and everyone else involved that that blow was even possible>"

Removing himself from their embrace he added cheerfully ""

So saying, he skipped out for a moment, dashed into the building, made his way to the room he had seen the dimly-lit and miserable figure, and untied him.

GM

"mmmmf mmmmf" screamed the man through his gag as Marceau leapt in to rescue him.

"Gad-dammit! thank you, good to see him some descent souls still livin' in this here city" drawled the man, who was red faced - how much of from apoplectic rage and how much from partial suffocation was hard to tell.

"Got jumped by some goodfurnuthin' drug-dealer I reckon, you best phone the cops, young man - he may still be in mah house. May be armed, 'n dangerous too... Gad-dammit, if I could get my hands on him..."

"Not to worry, sir. The man who jumped you wasn't wearing green and grey, was he? 'cause a guy just sent the Silencer into a wall in the french restaurant across the street, and eyewitnesses said he came out of this building. He's in police custody now, so that should hold him" for a while he thought with a sudden shot of gloom.

"Rest easy, sir, he looked pretty beat up, so he's been paid back for what did to you. If you're alright, I gotta go, a guy said he saw someone in here through the window, so I came to check it out. Hope the rest of your day goes better than it did today"

With that, he dashed back to the Aliments to meet Rene for their celebratory drink, heart buoyed higher than it had in many years.

GM

"Aha! Monsieur Marceau!" yelled out Monsieur Verdoux, waving him over.

For lack of a better description, Aliments Avenir was having a party!

It was spontaneous, for sure, but the drinks and food were on the house, the conversation was all abuzz with the marvels of the King of Suits, and the staff and patrons all laughed, joked and gossiped amongst themselves. Soon, Monsieur Verdoux had to shut the doors to the restaurant for the day, and gave everyone in the restaurant a free meal and drinks.

"Damn the cost!" he roared "I have never seen my staff so happy, and now Aliments Avenir will be more popular than ever! did you see that King of Suit! amazing!" he laughed. "And of course, my friends.." he embraced Rene and Marceau "it was all thanks to you..."

"....and now, food and wine for all, let us celebrate, for the dish of the day is Justice, and Justice has just been Served!"