Murder on the Victorian Express (OOC)

Supercape

If we're using handwavium, we could say that Jube's Quickness means he can cram 40 rounds' worth of actions into 1 round, so he's done in half a (realtime) round, so the only Thugees who get shots off are those who make DEX rolls by a lot.

Failing that, I'm okay with your "1 bullet apiece from 20 badguys" deal. Jube, being blissfully unaware of game-mechanics, thinks his Timeshift power means he should be able to wade into the middle of a firefight and not care... and we shall see just how wrong he is.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cubist > IM handaving a lot as it is!. Quickness is already a very powerful power and one thing it is explicitly not for is combat so I am going to have to say no to using 40 rounds of action into one round.

Sounds good to me KD.

I dont particularly want to get into a lot of rolls on the thugee, so I will probably just wing Jubatus and Fenris getting a few Rifle Shots whizzing their way. You may get a few scrapes or wounds.

With that tactic I'm going to rule 10 Shots to Jube and 5 to Fenris. Both who get +2 circumstance bonus to defence due to speed, suprise and cover (in Fenris case).

I hope thats ok with folks. I know I am fudging the rules a lot. If you do want a more in depth battle, let me know and I am quite prepared to run it. The end result will probably be pretty similar, you come out with one or two bruises (at worst!).

Nah, taking 10 you will almost certainly be taking down one a round!

1d20+2=9, 1d20+2=8, 1d20+2=21, 1d20+2=11, 1d20+2=8

On solitary bullet, DC 20 toughness roll (The RIfle is basically a steam powered variant of an assault rifle, without the autuofire!).

Could Jube and Fenris post accordingly their demolishing of the cult, or at least whittling them down to 10 or so THugee or who have only knives and are fleeing for the hills (you can narrate at your leisure chasing them etc).

Bear in mind there are also four Indian policemen ('coppers') there, who have been pinned down by Thugee fire. They are dressed in full british policeman garb (blue sleeveless shirt, blue shorts, blue socks, polished blue shoes, and blue hard hat. Steam powered whistle and revolver, and nightsick made of copper that has a wind-up electric charge).

So I would pause after the victory (with Fenris in full armour) for a chat!

• 2 weeks later...

The two Sihks (from the passenger carriage) are creeping up on you and Ms. Wells... carrying knives.

Which means Initiative Rolls!

These guys are the elite thugee assasins: I am using "Assassin" archetype from M&M Core, replacing equipment with knives and garrotes (which give chokehold feat for 1 EP), and attack bonus is +6 for all. Drop the Improved Aim feat, gain Sneak attack feat. STR and CHA to 12, CHA down to 10 (they arent to talkative).

[some of the skills obviously differ, such as they wont have computers, they can speak Urdu and have a few ranks in Knowledge [philosophy] and escape artist]

Important Stats:

Att +6, Damage +2 (+1 Unarmed)

Def +5, TOughness +5 (+0 Flat footed)

Fort +2, Reflex +6, Will +2

Initiative +7

Grapple +7

1d20+7=27 for their initiative! :shock:

Since Jube has no idea that his comrade on the train are in danger, he's going to see if he can track down & capture any of the Thugees who ran away. I'm not sure what sort of die-roll (if any) is called for here, Supercape; say the word, and I'll roll whatever dice you ask. Or not roll, if that's how it ends up happening...

Against a lone Thugee, no rolls necessarry for capturing one: interrogating one would need a diplomacy or intimidation roll, however. I wont say the DC is particularly hard for that, although they are pretty fanatical. DC 15 would probably get you some info, with greater success giving you more - depending on what you are actually asking, of course.

Jube's not going to interrogate anybody himself; he doesn't know what questions to ask, and while Jube is not the typically monolingual American, it's not clear how many of the Thugees will speak any of the three languages he does know (these being English (the most likely candidate for a Thugee to speak), French (not so likely, but still possible), and Spanish). No, Jube's plan is to grab 'em and bring 'em back to the police that Fenris is chatting with. First, the cops do know what questions to ask, or at least they're a damn sight more likely to know; second, there won't be any language barrier (as far as Jube can tell, anyway); third, India is a land where 'cheetahs being used for hunting' is a known custom, so Jube bringing back criminals will hopefully be less of a 'freakout factor' for the cops than would... a number of other things he might do. In their minds, the cops may well file Jube away as "subordinate to Fenris", which Jube wouldn't appreciate, but either that possibility hasn't occurred to him or else he figures it's better than having the cops regard him as an inhuman monstrosity.

And now that I think of it, perhaps there might be some sort of cheetah-man (or leopard-man) figure in Hindu mythology which Jube inevitably becomes associated with in the minds of the locals?

Anyway: Jubatus is going to bring Thugees back for questioning. He'll retrieve them one at a time, and they'll be safely duct-taped into immobility & harmlessness.

Jube is returning to the train. I didn't specify how long it took him to collar all the runaway Thugees, but I suspect it's a very good bet that the battle on the train will be over at least one or two rounds before the feline arrives.

Cubist...why are you posting reactions for my character?

EDIT: To put this another way: I am requesting that you remove the portion of your post where you roleplay my character. I realize it might be slightly frustrating waiting for me to post, but I'm not posting for Fenris until he's officially made an NPC. But when he is, I want to make sure I get all appropriate post credits. So you'll understand why this perturbs me.

Cubist...why are you posting reactions for my character?

EDIT: To put this another way: I am requesting that you remove the portion of your post where you roleplay my character. I realize it might be slightly frustrating waiting for me to post, but I'm not posting for Fenris until he's officially made an NPC. But when he is, I want to make sure I get all appropriate post credits. So you'll understand why this perturbs me.

I foolishly believed that Fenris already was an NPC, and had been an NPC since the moment you decided to NPC him. Apparently, I was wrong to so believe. [shrug] Stupid question: Just what are we allowed to do with respect to Fenris? It seems wrong to write him out of the thread, or even just stop acknowledging his presence in it... but if even this fairly minor use of the character is objectionable, is anything short of Not Even Mentioning The Guy At All acceptable? I ask because I really do want to avoid using your character in a way you don't like, and I'd just as soon not replace one form of objectionable character-use with a completely separate second form of objectionable character-use. So can you throw me a bone, here?