There Wolf, There Castle [OOC]

trollthumper

Ok, Troll's poking me, but I'm getting a headache so I'll make this quick. First off, yay for Fearless. Second off, Crow knows he can't get into hand-to-hand with a werewolf (and make it out with most of his bodily functions intact), so? He cheats.

Power Stunt: Blast 4 ("Rune of Fire") [8 pp]

Yep. Straight-up firebolt. And wolves, dey dun like fires.

All Out Attack (+5 Attack, -5 Defense), Power Attack (+5 Damage, -5 Attack) DC 23 Toughness Save Fire Bolt! (1d20+7=20)

Right, if that hits it's a DC 24 TOU save from the wolf, and Crow has -5 Defense until his next turn.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right. My post got mangled last night, and since Quinn didn't designate a target, I'm directing the bolt to Werewolf 5, who is Shaken. And now he's Stunned and Staggered, as well as mistakenly labeled "Werewolf 4." My bad.

Nick Cimitiere: 24, Unharmed, 2 HP

Silhouette: 22, Unharmed, 2 HP

Werewolf 5: 21, Bruised x1, Shaken, 0 HP

Werewolf 2: 18, Unharmed, Shaken, 0 HP

Mutt: 18, Unharmed, 0 HP

Scholar: 15, Unharmed, 2 HP

Werewolf 4: 15, Bruised x1, Stunned, 0 HP

Werewolf 1: 12, Bruised x1, Stunned, Pinned, 0 HP

Crow: 11, Unharmed, 2 HP

Dead Head: 5, Unharmed, 1 HP

Dead Head is up next.

EDIT: And upon talking to Quinn in chat, he confirmed he was aiming for Werewolf 1. As Werewolf 1 is Unharmed and not Shaken, his Toughness save is normal, giving him a 16. Which'll still Stun him, but won't Stagger him.

All right, then. At Doc's bequest, Dead Head will be Interposing, which brings up to top of the round. Aaaand it's only just now that I realize I left Werewolf 3 out of the Initiative order, so we'll say he's been holding his action this round. Jeez.

Nick Cimitiere: 24, Unharmed, 2 HP

Werewolf 5: 21, Bruised x1, Shaken, 0 HP

Werewolf 4: 15, Bruised x1, Stunned (Scholar's Action), 0 HP

Werewolf 1: 12, Bruised x1, Stunned (Crow's Action), Pinned, 0 HP

Werewolf 3: 10, Unharmed, 0 HP

Nick's up first, and he will be attempting to reestablish that Grapple. He'll be maintaining the hold he's got on Werewolf 1, who's Stunned and thus won't be contesting, and attempts to use Poltergeist's Rage on the other werewolves. Werewolves 2 and 3 make the DC15 Reflex save against his TK, even though Werewolf 2's Shaken, lowering the Opposed Grapple check to +15 in Nick's case on their end, whereas Werewolves 4 and 5 have to deal with the full +17.

And Nick... rolls a 2,, meaning any werewolf can beat him by sneezing. This calls for a Hero Point.

That's better. Let's see who beats it.

Werewolf 2 ably makes the save... and no one else does. In fact, seeing as Werewolf 5 is technically Shaken, its save was in fact a 25, meaning it failed by 5+. That means Werewolves 3 through 5 are all Bound, Helpless, and primed for coup de graces.

Nick Cimitiere: 24, Unharmed, 1 HP

Werewolf 5: 21, Bruised x1, Shaken, Bound, 0 HP

Werewolf 4: 15, Bruised x1, Stunned (Scholar's Action), Bound, 0 HP

Werewolf 1: 12, Bruised x1, Stunned (Crow's Action), Pinned 0 HP

Werewolf 3: 10, Unharmed, Bound, 0 HP

Silhouette is up next.

That will hit. Hoo, boy, does it hit. Werewolf 2 goes the hell down.

Werewolf 5: 21, Bruised x1, Shaken, Bound, 0 HP

Werewolf 5 attempts to escape the grapple. Time for another Opposed Grapple check! 19 on its end, as it's still Shaken from Mutt's visage, versus 30 on Nick's end. It's still on the ground.

Mutt would be next, but Doc wants me to move things again in his stead, so he's probably still fighting off the effects of the howl. And since Mutt's away, the effects of the Shaken end at the end of his action.

Werewolf 5: 21, Bruised x1, Bound, Shaken, 0 HP

So Scholar's up next.

EDIT: See below.

Mutt would be next, but Doc wants me to move things again in his stead, so he's probably still fighting off the effects of the howl. And since Mutt's away, the effects of the Shaken end at the end of his action.

Not quite.

Fearsome Presence is based on Emotion Control (Fear), and Kenson's said it should be treated as a Sustained (Lasting) effect. So 1 minute later, anyone affected gets to make another save, with a +1 bonus; 5 minutes after that, another save with a +2 bonus; 20 minutes after that, another save with a +3 bonus, and so on.

So Mutt'd get a chance to save to shake off the Shaken condition after 1 minute (10 rounds).

Though, yes, he did run off.

Yup, he's down. As Werewolf 4 is currently unconscious, he's out of the order, and Werewolf 1 is still Stunned and thus cannot take the move action necessary to escape a grapple.

Which means it's Crow's action.

Gah, sorry it's taken me so long to get to this.

Teleport in, Coup-De-Grace on the Bound Werewolf 3, PAing for 5, then Turnabout Teleport out (he basically curb-stomps the wolf). With the Auto-hit and Auto-crit, that's DC 18+5+5, so DC 28 Toughness save and DC 20 Fortitude save after that.

All right, then. Werewolf 3 is Stunned and Bruised, which'll probably add to his Defense difficulties. He makes his Fort save, however. Werewolf 3 does not get to go, as he's Stunned, Werewolf 1 falls out of his Stunned state, and Dead Head's still Interposing, as per Doc's word.

Werewolf 1: 12, Bruised x1, Pinned 0 HP

Werewolf 3: 10, Bruised x1, Stunned (Crow's Action), Bound, 0 HP

Nick's up next, and as he can't really do anything power-based without cancelling the mass Grapple, he's going to try interrogating Werewolf 5. That's a 28 on his Intimidate check, versus a 13 on the Shaken werewolf's Will save. The account's somewhat garbled, however, given the overriding atavistic influences in them.

Silhouette is up next.

That'll most certainly hit, and as Werewolf 5 is Helpless, the attack auto-crits. That's a DC29 on his part... which it fails.

Mutt's still running, as per Doc's word, so Scholar is up next.

He's Bruised.

Werewolf 5: 21, Bruised x2, Bound, Shaken, 0 HP

Given that most of the werewolves are Helpless as this point, it'd probably be for the best if we streamlined combat by having them all knocked out by the end of the round. So we'll get one post from Crow, and then "cut forward." That sound okay?