Witch Hunt [OOC]

trollthumper

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question to trollthumper: Would you feel I could use Contacts in this situation? I'm torn on whether it fits, myself.

In the search of town? Feel free. Given Gabriel's natural charisma, I'm sure he could quickly make friends.

And Ecal, here's what Equinox knows:

"The City of the Pyramids" is a term used in

Thelema, Crowley's particular take on hermetic philosophy. Its symbolism is that of a place where the transcended adept emerges into true knowledge, having broken the chains of identity and service and become a power unto their own.

TT: Very well then. Gabriel will take 20 minutes to take 20 on Gather information, via using Contacts. Dok suggested at least part of it is people wanting to talk to him, and in turn saying "go talk to so and so!" and such.

At any rate, that gives me a grand total of 40 on my Gather Information check. :D

Ok, as Equinox has 3 HP (assuming I burned off the earlier Extra Effort Fatigue), time for a new Extra Effort...

Nullify 11 (fire effects [1pp/rank], Extras: Area - Burst [+1], Flaws: Range - Touch [-1], Power Feats: Progression 7 [rank x 1000']) [18PP] LINKED to Environmental Control 2 (light [reduce concealment], 10' radius, Flaws: Range - Touch [-1]) [1PP]

This ought to knock out every source of fire in a 2 mile radius. The light part is because I figured it shouldn't be that easy without a visible source, but I can drop that if you wish. Equinox is PL11, not up to caps, but can stunt PL11 effects. Nullify fire effects (1d20+11=14) Ok, down to 2 HP, because I need a reroll. Try again (1d20+11=24)

For those interested...

I specified left hand, right hand, as the left hand takes in energy, the right hand projects it. Incidentally, this is where the term 'Left Hand Path' comes from, as these less altruistic spellcasters take, but don't give.

Cos it's late, and I may dart off for sleep... Initiative [including a -1 penalty from Fatigue] (1d20+0=4)

The demon rolls a 20 on its Will save... and still pees itself a little. And with that bit of EPIC out of the way, it's time for Initiative proper.

Leraje: 22, Unharmed, Shaken, 0 HP

Nick Cimitiere: 22, Unharmed, 0 HP

Gabriel: 16, Unharmed, 4 HP

Arcturus: 13, Unharmed, 1 HP

Push: 11, Unharmed, Fatigued, 4 HP

Equinox: 4, Unharmed, Fatigued, 3 HP

Leraje, responding to the gigantic scary wrath of God, notches an arrow and fires... and misses. That was some good stuff right there. Nick responds by manifesting Ereshkigal's Talons and going right for its black heart. And he misses as well. Oh, well. Other chances.

Gabriel is up next. This should be good...

Okay. At the very beginning of the round, I'm setting Gabriel's array to Drain Toughness.

Gabriel won't be moving. I will, however, be Surging, and using an HP to negate the negative effect. That gives me 2 attacks.

Ranged Attack: 28. That'll be DC 22 Fort save, with a Rank 12 Drain Toughness behind it.

16. Ugh. HP to reroll.

27; that's much better. DC 22 Fort save, with a Rank 12 Drain Toughness behind it.

So, 2 HP spent. Have fun making the fort saves!

That hits. And Lerage makes a rather impressive save for someone with a Toughness of 1, but it's still going to hurt. Oh, and I almost forgot to filter in the Shaken, so... not much changes, but he still sucks.

Lerage: 22, Bruised x1, Stunned, Shaken, -12 Toughness, 0 HP

Nick Cimitiere: 22, Unharmed, 0 HP

Gabriel: 16, Unharmed, 2 HP

Arcturus: 13, Unharmed, 1 HP

Push: 11, Unharmed, Fatigued, 4 HP

Equinox: 4, Unharmed, Fatigued, 3 HP

Push is up next.