Bats of Unusual Size? I Don't Think They Exist [IC]

Darksider42

Rift nodded as he hovered over to the reader and carefully placed the memory block into the scanner. He was quite impressed by Doktor Archeviles maneuvering of the cyborg bat through his house despite the limited space. A few quick presses of the keyboard and soon the data was copied over to the universal reader. He looked at the screen and glared at the readouts. "Damn, half the data seems to be corrupted or lost. Or liked having information written out in Leet. I guess it wasn't quite as durable as everything else." The Guitar Genius said as he sorted through the mass of jumbled text and inconsistent binary lines.

A few minutes of sorting and reading, along with the occasional worried look towards the infirm cyborg and the occasional screech that left Rift covering his ears in pain, he came to a conclusion. "OK, reading through what was left, it seemed that most of what I could pick out seemed to revolve around our friends first test flight and... Something else, the data on what it was is lost. Anyway, seemed that a malfunction occurred and a chip attached to the memory block got fried due to an unexpected surge in energy burn it out. There was a emergency signal to...Put him down and remove all evidence, but its obvious that whatever they sent didn't finish the job...Why i do not know." Rift backed off from the monitor and rubbed his eyes. He hated looking at computer monitors for too long. "There are some coordinates to where the signal was sent, but most of it is lost. I might need to start searching the city with what we have so far." He finally finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Archeville paused briefly in his examination to give the cyberbat a quick scratch under its chin.

Who's a cute lil' Kaiju bat! You are! Yes, you are!

It did not seem thrilled with his touch, and moved its jaw as if to bite him, but was unable to move its neck.

He cleared his throat, "that energy surge could be from weapons fire. See the scorch mark on the head, here and here?" He pointed to the damaged portions with a pen, "could have been an attack by a rival of the people who cyberized it, or else an opportunistic inventor who just happened by and took the opportunity to nab a prize. Or, the damage logs are corrupt, and these scorches and the damage to the memory chip were from the agent sent to put it down and remove all evidence."

He rubbed his chin, "investigating where the emergency signal was sent to could tell us who is behind this, assuming they have not already cleared out. No idea who or what is in there." He turned to the guitar genius, "your call, Rift."

• 2 weeks later...

Rift scratched his chin a bit, his mind thinking it over for a moment. "Well...I think I'll try and look into it. I mean, he might be a prototype going on from what was in the data, but I don't like the idea of what did the damage to him running around." Rift explained, walking around the damaged bat and giving him a scratch near his jaw. Oddly, the bat didn't see to mind, though a sharp screech did make the Guitar Genius back off. "How long do you think it will take for him to be up and about?"

"It's hard to say," Miss A told him, looking down at the injured mammal. "It's lucky to be alive at all, and the fact that it seems to be making a recovery speaks well for its prospects. But even in a best case scenario, it's likely to be several weeks before it's even ready to fly again. We'll start by supporting it with fluids and painkillers while we work to repair the cybernetic parts. Anything you find that can help with that could make the recovery time faster."

"Hmmm..." Rift almost gave the injured cyborg another light rub on its chin, but decided against it if Miss Americana was right. "Well, I should head out and start playing tracker on the guys that did this. I'm sure he'll pull through, especially with some of the planets smartest people keeping an eye on him." He said with a smile. With that all said and done he pulled his guitar out, quickly twisting a few dials on the device before making his way towards the elevators. While he was sure Doc was still a good man, he was still put off by his new, almost constantly sunny disposition.

Course, that didn't matter right now. Some crazy people were turning smaller kaiju into cyborgs. A lot of people could get hurt if they were released onto the public. Best to stop them now before the city became victim to the mechanical might of those monsters.