Vanquish and Vitriol (IC)

Victory's face is covered in mixed emotions,as he weighs the reality of the situation. That....thing was either some twisted duplicate of his....or something made like he was, but corrupted. While he wishes it were the former, he has no idea why Omega, or anyone else in the Terminus would make such a thing. It's not like Victory's ever even so much as come in contact with anything from there besides Harrier.

And if it's the second...? What will he do then? He's got to get answers. That's the only thing he knows for sure.

"I...I do understand. But I can't imagine they'd have created such a thing."

As he says that, he looks down to his own mechanical hand, and wonders. He never did know exactly how he worked...

• 4 weeks later...

"I must go," said Harrier suddenly, looking down at the city beneath them. "To be seen too close to a portal to the Terminus will be difficult for me," he explained with brutal honesty. "I understand that my life here is on the sufferance of the heroes of Freedom City. I don't wish to offend anyone. Victory, you must go and find your answers." His voice was serious as he faced the cyborg. "I will offer you whatever help I can. But fighting alongside me will only make what is already a difficult task harder. I am sorry for that." And with that, he turned and jetted away, his silhouette ominous against the darkening sky.

"Of course. I wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong idea about your part here." Victory tried to keep his face calm as he spoke, even with his mind in quite a bit of turmoil. How well it succeeds or not, he couldn't say.

"Just be careful. Stay low,if you must fly. And thank you. I will let you know when I need help. And you call on me if you ever see any hint of that...thing. We need to be ready for him next time."

As harrier left, Victory clenched his fists together, and the look on his face became grim, even enraged. His jets kick back in, and he turns back to base. He was going to get to the bottom of this....