It's For A Good Cause

Heridfel

Dorian valiantly fought the urge to grin and settled for a simple smile. Why you old coug-

"Monica Mondsee. I'm Giselle Alexandrie," Giselle answered before Dorian got a chance. "I was in Versace Fall 2006, I absolutely adore you." She all but squealed. Dorian resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"Dorian," He said simply as he took her hand. "Dorian Magnus. I assure you the pleasure is entirely mine." He turned to his date. "You already know my companion, and yes she does in fact adore you." Just then Liam's words were heard by everyone present.

"And what would they say in Spain about that?" He indicated in the direction of the outburst.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dorian valiantly fought the urge to grin and settled for a simple smile. Why you old coug-

"Monica Mondsee. I'm Giselle Alexandrie," Giselle answered before Dorian got a chance. "I was in Versace Fall 2006, I absolutely adore you." She all but squealed. Dorian resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"Dorian," He said simply as he took her hand. "Dorian Magnus. I assure you the pleasure is entirely mine." He turned to his date. "You already know my companion, and yes she does in fact adore you." Just then Liam's words were heard by everyone present.

"And what would they say in Spain about that?" He indicated in the direction of the outburst.

Liam looked at Seth with an "Are you kidding me look"...

"Listen kid...I know you have a vocabulary test coming up and you wanted to practice all your words, and good for you, but you don't know who you're talking to. It'd be in your best interest to shutup and backoff or I'll take that as a hint that you're looking for trouble. And such an astute observer of manners such as yourself I'm positive you don't want to cause such a scene" He said in a low tone and a very serious glare..

"Listen kid...I know you have a vocabulary test coming up and you wanted to practice all your words, and good for you, but you don't know who you're talking to. It'd be in your best interest to shutup and backoff or I'll take that as a hint that you're looking for trouble. And such an astute observer of manners such as yourself I'm positive you don't want to cause such a scene" He said in a low tone and a very serious glare..

Seth filled away the Waitress's image in his brain. But first....

"Oh, I see what you did there. I said I was a kid, and well look at me; I'm clearly a kid. And then your cute and fuzzy little brain put together a vocab reference. Because...as a teenager I would be in school. And in schools, they teach...vocabulary. Right, That is clever. That just takes real talent. Brava!"

And then Seth laughs at him. Just to be on the safe side cause, "hey, what's a nutbag going to do?" Seth turtles up. Nothing short of a tank shell could hurt him, much less anything this society jerk could come up with.

"And you're right about a couple of other things too. For one, I don't know who I am talking to. So you clearly aren't that important. Yeah, I went there. Two, and this is real important now, so listen up: I do want to cause a scene. Because something that hasn't entered your mind yet, is the fact that I'm a whole hell of a lot smarter than you. I know that, cause, well, I am, and two you don't posses enough intelligence to realize you can't smoke in here. You're just rich enough to think that it entitles you to be self-important, but not smart enough to see how that effects your stature. And you think that by threatening me I'm going to get scared.

You don't have the power or influence to scare me. And we are causing a scene...which means that people are watching. So....I've pushed you into a fantastic little corner, where you have no choice but to back down, and loose all social standing. Or...You can pick a fight with a 16 year old. That kind of press always looks good in the morning papers. Not to mention the fact that there are armed security guards here. And assaulting a minor looks real good on the ole' criminal record. And you see that man over there...That's Golo Mondsee, my father. He's one of the best lawyers in the country. Business, not trial. But he knows a couple of people. Some of them are even here. Some of them send birthday presents. I surely would love to put all of your asset's in a trust fund for my future children. You really couldn't play any more into my hands here...

Like I said. Corner. Me, Smarter. You, screwed. Your move you borish lout. God bless my word of the day calender."

"Dorian...And Giselle. Excellent" When Dorian indicated Setito, it was all Monica could do not to sigh. "That is my son. Seth. He hates it when I drag him to these things. Every once in a while, he stands on his little soapbox and smacks someone around socially. He's too smart, that one. He was such a gift from god. He could talk by 8 months. Our little Wunderkind. That man he's harassing really doesn't know how much trouble he is in. Seth has a real talent for forcing people into no win situations. I don't think we socialized him with enough children when he was younger. I'm of course going to have words with him, but once we get home. In private.

What to you do Mr. Dorian?"

"Oh, I see what you did there. I said I was a kid, and well look at me; I'm clearly a kid. And then your cute and fuzzy little brain put together a vocab reference. Because...as a teenager I would be in school. And in schools, they teach...vocabulary. Right, That is clever. That just takes real talent. Brava!"

And then Seth laughs at him. Just to be on the safe side cause, "hey, what's a nutbag going to do?" Seth turtles up. Nothing short of a tank shell could hurt him, much less anything this society jerk could come up with.

"And you're right about a couple of other things too. For one, I don't know who I am talking to. So you clearly aren't that important. Yeah, I went there. Two, and this is real important now, so listen up: I do want to cause a scene. Because something that hasn't entered your mind yet, is the fact that I'm a whole hell of a lot smarter than you. I know that, cause, well, I am, and two you don't posses enough intelligence to realize you can't smoke in here. You're just rich enough to think that it entitles you to be self-important, but not smart enough to see how that effects your stature. And you think that by threatening me I'm going to get scared.

You don't have the power or influence to scare me. And we are causing a scene...which means that people are watching. So....I've pushed you into a fantastic little corner, where you have no choice but to back down, and loose all social standing. Or...You can pick a fight with a 16 year old. That kind of press always looks good in the morning papers. Not to mention the fact that there are armed security guards here. And assaulting a minor looks real good on the ole' criminal record. And you see that man over there...That's Golo Mondsee, my father. He's one of the best lawyers in the country. Business, not trial. But he knows a couple of people. Some of them are even here. Some of them send birthday presents. I surely would love to put all of your asset's in a trust fund for my future children. You really couldn't play any more into my hands here...

Like I said. Corner. Me, Smarter. You, screwed. Your move you borish lout. God bless my word of the day calender."

"Dorian...And Giselle. Excellent" When Dorian indicated Setito, it was all Monica could do not to sigh. "That is my son. Seth. He hates it when I drag him to these things. Every once in a while, he stands on his little soapbox and smacks someone around socially. He's too smart, that one. He was such a gift from god. He could talk by 8 months. Our little Wunderkind. That man he's harassing really doesn't know how much trouble he is in. Seth has a real talent for forcing people into no win situations. I don't think we socialized him with enough children when he was younger. I'm of course going to have words with him, but once we get home. In private.

Liam looked bored while the little sprout spouted off at him...

" Cute. I know who you are and you don't scare me. Hell, you're a reason people SHOULDN'T do cancer research. And since I no longer believe in this cause I will take my leave."

Liam smirks at the kid, and gets a good glimpse of the brat's dad as he leaves.

" Cute. I know who you are and you don't scare me. Hell, you're a reason people SHOULDN'T do cancer research. And since I no longer believe in this cause I will take my leave."

Seth yells after him "Option one was a good Chooooice"

And then he smiles to himself, perhaps a little smally. But adults, particularly simple ones were so easy to manipulate. And they never thought they could be, particularly be a child.

It really was something to smile about. It took everything he had not to grin like the cheshire cat.

And then he smiles to himself, perhaps a little smally. But adults, particularly simple ones were so easy to manipulate. And they never thought they could be, particularly be a child.

It really was something to smile about. It took everything he had not to grin like the cheshire cat.

"I'm in the business of creating the future." Dorian made a bow as he spoke. "Or if we were to get crass, I make weapons Mrs. Mondsee." Dorian watched as Seth began his tirade. Oh my quite a mouth on that one. He turned back to Monica.

"Your son has your flair for the dramatic as well, I suppose he plans to take up the family business; I can see him on the bench now. I hope he sees the danger in being a hero though." Dorian said. Quite full of himself when he can count on mommy and daddy, but I wonder what would happen out in the real world? Even though Dorian had to admit that was quite an astute move, it showed some promise.

"I'm in the business of creating the future." Dorian made a bow as he spoke. "Or if we were to get crass, I make weapons Mrs. Mondsee." Dorian watched as Seth began his tirade. Oh my quite a mouth on that one. He turned back to Monica.

"Your son has your flair for the dramatic as well, I suppose he plans to take up the family business; I can see him on the bench now. I hope he sees the danger in being a hero though." Dorian said. Quite full of himself when he can count on mommy and daddy, but I wonder what would happen out in the real world? Even though Dorian had to admit that was quite an astute move, it showed some promise.

He walks over to Grant, pondering some kind of inclination of his head and polite smile, but ultimately deciding that in a situation where things are already extremely murky, it would be for the best to by contrast be as true to himself as possible. And so instead, he waves. Cheerfully.

"Doctor Grant! I had wished to commend you on this gathering and its purpose. It is the belief of my people that your society's enlightened pursuit of science and the triumphs it earns for itself in so doing will be above all else what continues to uplift it."

His demeanor becoming more sober then, as appropriate to what he would now say.

"I was thusly entirely pleased to attend and be part of the funds gathered, but it seems to me I can do more to aid you. I had become aware of the unfortunate events surrounding Doctor Hanks, who's many tireless hours of devoted work were a credit to your company, and often critical to it. It has seemed to me that the investigation has stalled somewhat, perhaps in my joining it, effort may be again invigorated. If nothing else, I would certainly like to do my part to help determine who has thrown off the otherwise smooth progress of your company to the realization of goals such as the one you have mentioned this evening."

From his point of view, the Emissary felt that the advantage to what he was saying, was that it was all true, even if there was only so far he could go with the truth.

He walks over to Grant, pondering some kind of inclination of his head and polite smile, but ultimately deciding that in a situation where things are already extremely murky, it would be for the best to by contrast be as true to himself as possible. And so instead, he waves. Cheerfully.

"Doctor Grant! I had wished to commend you on this gathering and its purpose. It is the belief of my people that your society's enlightened pursuit of science and the triumphs it earns for itself in so doing will be above all else what continues to uplift it."

"I was thusly entirely pleased to attend and be part of the funds gathered, but it seems to me I can do more to aid you. I had become aware of the unfortunate events surrounding Doctor Hanks, who's many tireless hours of devoted work were a credit to your company, and often critical to it. It has seemed to me that the investigation has stalled somewhat, perhaps in my joining it, effort may be again invigorated. If nothing else, I would certainly like to do my part to help determine who has thrown off the otherwise smooth progress of your company to the realization of goals such as the one you have mentioned this evening."

From his point of view, the Emissary felt that the advantage to what he was saying, was that it was all true, even if there was only so far he could go with the truth.

"Boy's and their laser-guided toys and all of that?" She says with a saucy wink. "Seth, a lawyer?" she laughs. "I don't think he's ever given it any thought. He wants to be the first person in history to have a #1 rock album and be first chair in a major Orchestra. He plays the violin. It's moved me to tears. He is full of so much talent and promise. And as for counting on Mommy and Daddy, I really am going to have to have a talk with him. It's one thing to drag our families name all through the mudd like that. Not, that I don't try my damnedest."

"Boy's and their laser-guided toys and all of that?" She says with a saucy wink. "Seth, a lawyer?" she laughs. "I don't think he's ever given it any thought. He wants to be the first person in history to have a #1 rock album and be first chair in a major Orchestra. He plays the violin. It's moved me to tears. He is full of so much talent and promise. And as for counting on Mommy and Daddy, I really am going to have to have a talk with him. It's one thing to drag our families name all through the mudd like that. Not, that I don't try my damnedest."

Dorian laughed at her teasing. "I daresay its been a while since someone trivialized my life's work in such a manner. I believe the last person to speak like that was my mother." Dorian Said. "As a man I have a god given right play with toys, just like young women continue to play dress up." Dorian glanced a t Seth.

"A musician? I would never have guessed he seemed so quite until a moment ago. I wouldn't call it through the mud Mrs. Mondsee. After all if you cant use the power that your family has accumulated over their life time to embarass your enemies then what is the point?"