It's For A Good Cause

Heridfel

Sarah snickers, "Most of the people here are jerks. It starts with the money, and continues with the self-righteous attitude. It's not being a jerk that gets you in trouble; it's getting caught and getting a reporter making a story out of it. You know the guy, eh? Is he always like that?"

“Seth?†Megan asked. “No, he’s not really like that usually. But he is used to getting attention. He’s a musician, and I hear he plays a lot of places around the city.â€Â

The young blonde glanced back towards Sarah’s father, and saw that he was not alone. Emissary was speaking with Dr. Grant, though Megan doubted he the silver man would know her out of costume. “Looks like your dad might be getting into some serious discussions right now.†She commented as another man moved over near Dr. Grant. Megan recognized him as Dorian Magnus, CEO of Vulcan Industries. One of the nice side benefits of her powers was the ability to get her homework done in a couple of minutes, tops. That left her plenty of time for other things, and there were only so many gossip and fashion magazines to read. So Megan read lots of other things, which included business news.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Magnus," He says while extending his hand. "Dorian Magnus; Vulcan Industries." Dorian Looks at Emissary. "Ahh you must be the Emissary from Utopia, also a pleasure to meet you." He shakes his hand as well noting the inhuman strength that lay in that grip. "So gentlemen," He says with a massive grin. "How is business lately?"

He blinks, tilting his head.

"I've always found that expression curious every time I hear it. I'm not really engaged in anything that could be called business really, so.. ahm.. I suppose nonexistant? If you just mean how things go with me in a general sense, I am quite well, and that which I occupy myself with proceeds decently enough, thank you."

"Magnus," He says while extending his hand. "Dorian Magnus; Vulcan Industries." Dorian Looks at Emissary. "Ahh you must be the Emissary from Utopia, also a pleasure to meet you." He shakes his hand as well noting the inhuman strength that lay in that grip. "So gentlemen," He says with a massive grin. "How is business lately?"

"I've always found that expression curious every time I hear it. I'm not really engaged in anything that could be called business really, so.. ahm.. I suppose nonexistant? If you just mean how things go with me in a general sense, I am quite well, and that which I occupy myself with proceeds decently enough, thank you."

Oh he is good[/i]. Dorian thought. Even I couldn't pull off an innocent act that good. "Oh," Dorian feigns surprise. "A little bird told me that your people were infact doing business." He took a sip of champagne to let that sink in. "Of course perhaps I misheard. Dorian managed to avoid staring but the scientist in him only wanted to take this fabulous contraption apart piece by piece. How could it talk and think so elegantly? Waht kind of AI did it use? Was it alive?

Oh he is good[/i]. Dorian thought. Even I couldn't pull off an innocent act that good. "Oh," Dorian feigns surprise. "A little bird told me that your people were infact doing business." He took a sip of champagne to let that sink in. "Of course perhaps I misheard. Dorian managed to avoid staring but the scientist in him only wanted to take this fabulous contraption apart piece by piece. How could it talk and think so elegantly? Waht kind of AI did it use? Was it alive?

"I cannot speak to the knowledge of birds small or large, but I am engaged in no financial, or, I suppose to say, generally financial themed, dealings with Doctor Grant's company, I am sorry though, if that dissapoints some particular expectation."

He frowns, but just a little.

"I would ask, is it that you think that... my offer of aid could only come if indeed such a thing was occuring? I.. I certainly realize and accept that such that motivates me is not what motivates others, and there is nothing at all wrong with that, but such things are not considerations to me when I offer help."

He pauses.

"It is.."

A bit of a sigh.

"My apologies again, the corporate world just seems often to be so cynical at times, it is slightly disheartening. I am entirely aware though of the concept of enlightened self interest and how it can often benefit societal growth in surely valued ways. I do not mean to disparage it."

"I cannot speak to the knowledge of birds small or large, but I am engaged in no financial, or, I suppose to say, generally financial themed, dealings with Doctor Grant's company, I am sorry though, if that dissapoints some particular expectation."

"I would ask, is it that you think that... my offer of aid could only come if indeed such a thing was occuring? I.. I certainly realize and accept that such that motivates me is not what motivates others, and there is nothing at all wrong with that, but such things are not considerations to me when I offer help."

He pauses.

"It is.."

A bit of a sigh.

"My apologies again, the corporate world just seems often to be so cynical at times, it is slightly disheartening. I am entirely aware though of the concept of enlightened self interest and how it can often benefit societal growth in surely valued ways. I do not mean to disparage it."

He pauses.

"It is.."

A bit of a sigh.

"No business tonight, Dorian," Grant says, affecting a personal relationship between the two titans of industry that doesn't actually exist. "We're just here to serve the public. The Emissary was expressing his condolences for the loss of one of my employees."

His calm doesn't break from Magnus' line of questioning. He either is bluffing like a poker champion, or he honestly doesn't think he's conducting any business with the Emissary.

"He always does," Sarah says. "The bodyguards are around 24/7 now; he never turns off. I'm going to go sit down to eat. I convinced him to get one vegetarian dish so he looks like he actually cares. You want to come now too?" she asks Megan hopefully.

"No business tonight, Dorian," Grant says, affecting a personal relationship between the two titans of industry that doesn't actually exist. "We're just here to serve the public. The Emissary was expressing his condolences for the loss of one of my employees."

His calm doesn't break from Magnus' line of questioning. He either is bluffing like a poker champion, or he honestly doesn't think he's conducting any business with the Emissary.

"He always does," Sarah says. "The bodyguards are around 24/7 now; he never turns off. I'm going to go sit down to eat. I convinced him to get one vegetarian dish so he looks like he actually cares. You want to come now too?" she asks Megan hopefully.

“Sure, that sounds good.†Megan replied with a smile as she prepared to follow after Sarah.

“Sure, that sounds good.†Megan replied with a smile as she prepared to follow after Sarah.

Seth saw Megan and some other girl kind of looking in his direction, and well, after his father's death stare he was feeling a little sheepish.

He made his way on over to the two girls "Hello Megan. It's always a pleasure. I'm afraid I don't know you however. I'm Seth. Sorry about that scene over there. I just can't stand people being that rude. I know I probably looked like a jerk." Seth ran his hand through his hair.

Seth saw Megan and some other girl kind of looking in his direction, and well, after his father's death stare he was feeling a little sheepish.

He made his way on over to the two girls "Hello Megan. It's always a pleasure. I'm afraid I don't know you however. I'm Seth. Sorry about that scene over there. I just can't stand people being that rude. I know I probably looked like a jerk." Seth ran his hand through his hair.

Megan and Sarah had not gotten far before Seth came over to intercept them. The blonde teen stopped as she gave a friendly smile. “Hey Seth. That’s a great suit. Look’s really good on you.†She said, and then looked over at Sarah. “This is Sarah Grant, the oldest daughter of our host.â€Â

Megan and Sarah had not gotten far before Seth came over to intercept them. The blonde teen stopped as she gave a friendly smile. “Hey Seth. That’s a great suit. Look’s really good on you.†She said, and then looked over at Sarah. “This is Sarah Grant, the oldest daughter of our host.â€Â