Earth Victoriana: The Brit Machine (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok - what a horrible lot of rolls the PCs made!

By my calculations we stand, at new round, thusly:

TOP! - ?HP (Used 1) - Edge - Bruised, Stunned, Staggered

24 - ? HP (Used 2) - Grim - Bruised

22 - 1HP - Carrie - Unharmed ( + Concealed from smoke)

21 - Tsar - Unharmed

13 - Cossasks - all KO'd

[10 - Bystanders]

9 - 1 HP - Cannonade - Bruised

-1 - Rasputin - Unharmed

Wow, the Fort DC was that high even with Mark's Evasion? OK, I spend an HP to reroll my Fort save. Failing that, I perform the following actions:

Free Action: Mark spends an HP to cancel his stun.

Free Action: He then power-stunts Transform 15 (metal to flesh) (Extra: Duration [Continuous]) (PFs: Innate, Precise) [60 pp] off his Reality Warping Array.

Standard Action: He blasts Rasputin. Critical hit! Boo-yah!

Mark's goal here is to turn Rasputin into a real boy! That's a DC 30 Fort save (Reflex if he's a construct) to avoid becoming alive again He'll spend one more HP for Medicine via Beginner's Luck if necessary.

Let me know what happens, and I'll post IC.

Sorry AA, I completely goofed that you had Evasion 2. In my defence, this was at the height of my man-flu when my brain was all over the shop!

In which case, the Fort DC would be 23, which means only stunned and bruised I think.

Blowing an HP to reroll fort or shake of stun?

As for the Power Stunt, he isn't a construct and is immune to Fort Saves. The Crit hit can stand for whatever you want to stunt in its place, of course!

Sorry to have goofed on this one! On the positive note, I have shaken off my flu so my brain should be a little less error prone!

I am somewhat reticent about stunting to alternate saves without clear reason (especially to a continuous duration transform) - but I suppose reality warping will do.

In which case, the Freezonium remains as it is, and consider Rasputin flesh and bone. With some freezonium in his chest. Ouch. If not removed, it will pretty quickly freeze him to death.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, Grim is doing a kip up with her Mastered Acrobatics, then stunting Ranged onto her Claw attack, conjuring up a throwing knife instead of getting up close and personal. I think the attack roll is still the same? Blowing an HP to erase fatigue.

To hit with 'Thrown Claws': 1d20+12=21

DC 25 Toughness, or would this count as a sneak attack? DC 27 if it does.

Again, so sorry for holding up this thread so much :(

Well, she is hidden for starters, you could make a stealth roll vs DC 10 to get +2 just on the disarm roll, and then, yes, a disarm would be fine. Given he has a STR of 2, he is unlikely to win it...

His disarm opposed roll is 1d20-4=6 - so not too tough!

If you disarm him, you can snatch the freezonium from him. Its nasty stuff to you however, a toughness check DC 25 lethal damage attack.

If you want to just drop it, then ill half that too DC 20.

And you get +2 for your woolly mits on the roll!

Well, I'll take ten on stealth with for Carrie, she does have skill mastery on it, and that makes stealth twenty five. Attack roll, 14, so hit. Toughness, 11, yeah I'm gonna burn my last HP for a reroll. Reroll, rolled ten plus the ten from the modifier, and another ten for improved roll burn so 30 to meet the 25 DC.

And now, move by action for which Carrie runs all the way back to Miss Wells to get the freezium in a proper container.

• 3 weeks later...