Sanctis -- Eyeonthemountain -- PL10 Villain

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Characters Name: Sanctis

Weight: 175 (apparently)

Description: Sanctis is a well-built man of some six feet and 200 lbs who has a very Mediterranean look about him. He looks to be about forty years old and is dresses simply in trousers, a black t-shirt and a sport-style jacket. But looks are deceiving...

Does he appear to be 175 lbs or 200 lbs?

Combat: Cost 20

BAB:+8 (+5 BAB +3 Melee Focus)

Grapple: +3(Insubstantial(gas))

BDB +8 (+5 flat-footed)

There is no such thing as Base Attack Bonus in Mutants and Masterminds. This should say "Attack +8 (melee), +5 (ranged)". Similarly, there is no such thing as Base Defense Bonus; it is simply Defense. His flat-footed defense can be no more than half his defense. It should be +3, since he has Dodge Focus 3 and 1/2 of the 5 ranks of Defense is 3, rounding up.

Skills: Cost 17

Know-Technology 10 (+11) Drawback (not alien tech)

Powers: Cost 105

Electrical Control 10 [blast range:Touch, Secondary Effect) [20pp]

AP Nullify 6 [Tech] [Extra] [1pp]

AP Drain Toughness 10

[Limitation] [1pp]

Insubstantial 2(gas) [Extra] [12pp]

Drawbacks:

Nullify does not work on alien tech -1

Blast does not work on alien tech -1

Super senses do not work on alien tech -1

Know-Technology does not work on alien tech -1

The Insubstantial should be "Extra: Continuous; Flaw: Permanent"; the cost is the same.

I am not allowing the drawback on Nullify and Knowledge (technology). Nullify is an AP, so it's the equivalent of getting the AP for free. 10 ranks of Knowledge (technology) cost 2.5 pp, and getting back 1 pp on it for a rare power loss seems like too much. The drawbacks on Blast (the main power) and Super Senses are ok.

Does he appear to be 175 lbs or 200 lbs?

Ok, I will edit that.

There is no such thing as Base Attack Bonus in Mutants and Masterminds. This should say "Attack +8 (melee), +5 (ranged)". Similarly, there is no such thing as Base Defense Bonus; it is simply Defense. His flat-footed defense can be no more than half his defense. It should be +3, since he has Dodge Focus 3 and 1/2 of the 5 ranks of Defense is 3, rounding up.

Yes, I like to write it out that way so it is clear where I am getting the bonus from. I will change the flatfooted around when I do my next edit.

The Insubstantial should be "Extra: Continuous; Flaw: Permanent"; the cost is the same.

I am not allowing the drawback on Nullify and Knowledge (technology). Nullify is an AP, so it's the equivalent of getting the AP for free. 10 ranks of Knowledge (technology) cost 2.5 pp, and getting back 1 pp on it for a rare power loss seems like too much. The drawbacks on Blast (the main power) and Super Senses are ok.

Ok on substantial.

I think I will just drop the drawbacks since it is turning into such a major problem.

I'll post here again when I get the editing done.

• 6 months later...