Stat Yourself [Elseworlds/What If?] [IC]

Heridfel

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well...it's like this. On a partly cloudy day....you can see where the shadows of clouds sort of are on the ground...sort of. It is like that. I can kind of see where it is...I think," Tony whispers. He makes sure when he grabs James arm, he avoids the scraped hands.

Guding James out of the Darkness, Tony lets go of him as they pass the terminus. Looking back, Tony sees his mass of Darkness and all of the confused people within it...he can clearly see Joey making his way through it with better grace than anyone else. His new ability being very helpful in this case instead of debilitating.

Even as they once again walked in daylight, it was still not safe to be here. They had just cleared the Darkness when Megastar was seen flying above their heads....with a giant robotic fist smashed into him and providing the momentum as it hurled him into a nearby building.

Ducking his head, Tony turns to James, "This is going to be dangerous...I might be able to hide us....BUT that doesn't prevent a ton of rocks from falling on us...SO, keep a heads up for debris"

"Well...it's like this. On a partly cloudy day....you can see where the shadows of clouds sort of are on the ground...sort of. It is like that. I can kind of see where it is...I think," Tony whispers. He makes sure when he grabs James arm, he avoids the scraped hands.

Guding James out of the Darkness, Tony lets go of him as they pass the terminus. Looking back, Tony sees his mass of Darkness and all of the confused people within it...he can clearly see Joey making his way through it with better grace than anyone else. His new ability being very helpful in this case instead of debilitating.

Even as they once again walked in daylight, it was still not safe to be here. They had just cleared the Darkness when Megastar was seen flying above their heads....with a giant robotic fist smashed into him and providing the momentum as it hurled him into a nearby building.

Ducking his head, Tony turns to James, "This is going to be dangerous...I might be able to hide us....BUT that doesn't prevent a ton of rocks from falling on us...SO, keep a heads up for debris"

At that moment, Seven and Sonic blast the robot from afar while Megastar unleashs a powerful punch. It looks like the robot is down for the count as it crumbles to pieces... but then the pieces start to move. The robot had been 40 feet high, but now, there are six 20-foot high robots, all intent on doing as much damage as possible.

Doc Otaku laughs as he stands behind his Angels, "I knew they were going to do that! They've been watching too much Super Sentai. Hitting things really hard sometimes makes them more dangerous." The Angels hover protectively, but it looks like Next-Gen is hard pressed to deal with the new threat presenting itself.

James looks over to Tony and says, "That's bad news. There's more of them, and that means it's more likely we get noticed by someone. You see any sign of where the incursion took place?" He glances back to Joey, extending the question to him as well.

At that moment, Seven and Sonic blast the robot from afar while Megastar unleashs a powerful punch. It looks like the robot is down for the count as it crumbles to pieces... but then the pieces start to move. The robot had been 40 feet high, but now, there are six 20-foot high robots, all intent on doing as much damage as possible.

Doc Otaku laughs as he stands behind his Angels, "I knew they were going to do that! They've been watching too much Super Sentai. Hitting things really hard sometimes makes them more dangerous." The Angels hover protectively, but it looks like Next-Gen is hard pressed to deal with the new threat presenting itself.

James looks over to Tony and says, "That's bad news. There's more of them, and that means it's more likely we get noticed by someone. You see any sign of where the incursion took place?" He glances back to Joey, extending the question to him as well.

"You're guess is as good as mine. If it's leaving some kind of trace, my new awareness isn't picking anything up." Joey looks up at the people fighting with the robots. He knew their names, but that was about it. As for the villain, all he can recall is that the name is something Japanese. He thinks. 'Haven't watched Anime in years.' Holding the knife at least gives him the feeling of being able to fight back, even if the sharp piece of metal will likely do nothing against the robots. Taking a chance Joe yells out to the crowd at large "Anyone not from this plane of existence?"

"You're guess is as good as mine. If it's leaving some kind of trace, my new awareness isn't picking anything up." Joey looks up at the people fighting with the robots. He knew their names, but that was about it. As for the villain, all he can recall is that the name is something Japanese. He thinks. 'Haven't watched Anime in years.' Holding the knife at least gives him the feeling of being able to fight back, even if the sharp piece of metal will likely do nothing against the robots. Taking a chance Joe yells out to the crowd at large "Anyone not from this plane of existence?"

seanavatar.jpg

Sean climbs into the back of the van, sitting across from the two girls. The general feeling of prolonged encounter could be described in one word - awkward. Sean didn't know why people solemnly bobbed their head in these situations, but that's exactly what he was doing. That and rubbing his hands together. After a good amount of time, he motions to some belts tucked behind where they were sitting, "Um, there are, uh, seatbelts there." He searches for the one behind him, and puts it on. From the front seat through a wire grill comes the camera man's increasingly frustrated voice, "What's going on in there - you guys ready?" And then, under his breath but still loud enough to be heard, "This isn't a taxi service...."

seanavatar.jpg

Sean climbs into the back of the van, sitting across from the two girls. The general feeling of prolonged encounter could be described in one word - awkward. Sean didn't know why people solemnly bobbed their head in these situations, but that's exactly what he was doing. That and rubbing his hands together. After a good amount of time, he motions to some belts tucked behind where they were sitting, "Um, there are, uh, seatbelts there." He searches for the one behind him, and puts it on. From the front seat through a wire grill comes the camera man's increasingly frustrated voice, "What's going on in there - you guys ready?" And then, under his breath but still loud enough to be heard, "This isn't a taxi service...."

seanavatar.jpg

Bailey tried to smile disarmingly at the others as they rode. She always felt bad when other people were uncomfortable and wanted to do what she could to make them feel better. It rarely worked.

"So, guys," she said in her best cheery voice. "This is a really awful day, huh? But it's not so bad now, right? Things are looking up!"

Bailey tried to smile disarmingly at the others as they rode. She always felt bad when other people were uncomfortable and wanted to do what she could to make them feel better. It rarely worked.

"So, guys," she said in her best cheery voice. "This is a really awful day, huh? But it's not so bad now, right? Things are looking up!"

If it was possible for a person to both; roll their eyes audibly, and simultaneously be both terribly amused and grateful for the forced cheer, Then R.J. was managing to do that.

It was all that he could do to restrain his chuckle. The fact that no-one had gotten his, admittedly not so subtle, innuendo, frustrated him. So he decided to go for the more direct approach.

"No, I mean our cousins. My cousin Bailey, and your cousin's Lila and Sean, and Robert Joseph. The ones who potentially still live here in Freedom City. Well, I heard one of them was possibly moving to Missouri, and wasn't there one originally from Richmond? I'm just saying if we are going to be in town for awhile, we should see all our family..."

If it was possible for a person to both; roll their eyes audibly, and simultaneously be both terribly amused and grateful for the forced cheer, Then R.J. was managing to do that.

It was all that he could do to restrain his chuckle. The fact that no-one had gotten his, admittedly not so subtle, innuendo, frustrated him. So he decided to go for the more direct approach.

"No, I mean our cousins. My cousin Bailey, and your cousin's Lila and Sean, and Robert Joseph. The ones who potentially still live here in Freedom City. Well, I heard one of them was possibly moving to Missouri, and wasn't there one originally from Richmond? I'm just saying if we are going to be in town for awhile, we should see all our family..."

seanavatar.jpg

Sean smiled honestly, "Yeah, I guess so." He did feel a bit better. The situation was only really now dawning on him. In the back of his mind he considered never being able to go home again - never being able to see the people he loved again - but at that moment, pressed up against the van wall which rocked back and forward gently, he felt good. He felt safe.

Sean considered for a moment. He leaned forward and half whispered to the group, but directed at RJ, "What do you mean? You think that, like, we have doubles here or something?" His mind quickly went through a scenario in which he met his double who, of course, turned out to be evil. He quickly dismissed the thought, "Or is this part of the guise and I'm making a contemplative ass of myself again?"

seanavatar.jpg

Sean smiled honestly, "Yeah, I guess so." He did feel a bit better. The situation was only really now dawning on him. In the back of his mind he considered never being able to go home again - never being able to see the people he loved again - but at that moment, pressed up against the van wall which rocked back and forward gently, he felt good. He felt safe.

Sean considered for a moment. He leaned forward and half whispered to the group, but directed at RJ, "What do you mean? You think that, like, we have doubles here or something?" His mind quickly went through a scenario in which he met his double who, of course, turned out to be evil. He quickly dismissed the thought, "Or is this part of the guise and I'm making a contemplative ass of myself again?"

seanavatar.jpg

As Joey shouts, Tony can't help but cringe. His normal nature is one of quiet observation, this abrupt and loud declaration is very alarming. But, it does have the appeal of being very direct and the quickest way to find out.

While this may be a quick solution, it is also something that causes Tony's new ability to try a rear it's head again. Like an angry animal, the shadow that follows at the groups feet twists and grows, swelling briefly to their knees. Once again, Tony exerts his will over the miasma, grasping tendrils of it in his fists and forcing it down.

However, while controlling it is becoming easier, the Darkness has suddenly attracted the attention of one of the nearby bots. Swivelling it's top part around, a vaguely humanoid techno-construct begins it's march towards the trio...it's left armature swinging up and looking menacingly like some sort of gun.

Even as the Darkness recedes to his ankles, Tony glances up above the crowd and sights the approaching android with his green glowing eyes, " OH CRAP....guys?..."

As Joey shouts, Tony can't help but cringe. His normal nature is one of quiet observation, this abrupt and loud declaration is very alarming. But, it does have the appeal of being very direct and the quickest way to find out.

While this may be a quick solution, it is also something that causes Tony's new ability to try a rear it's head again. Like an angry animal, the shadow that follows at the groups feet twists and grows, swelling briefly to their knees. Once again, Tony exerts his will over the miasma, grasping tendrils of it in his fists and forcing it down.

However, while controlling it is becoming easier, the Darkness has suddenly attracted the attention of one of the nearby bots. Swivelling it's top part around, a vaguely humanoid techno-construct begins it's march towards the trio...it's left armature swinging up and looking menacingly like some sort of gun.

Even as the Darkness recedes to his ankles, Tony glances up above the crowd and sights the approaching android with his green glowing eyes, " OH CRAP....guys?..."