Stat Yourself [Elseworlds/What If?] [IC]

Heridfel

He glances quickly at the others, "Did you just see that?" Without thinking, he reaches forward to the space that he though Lila has disappeared from - of course she was still very much there. He got his second shock in as many seconds when he jabbed Lila's shoulder, "Oh jeese! Sorry - are you still there?"

"Hey!" Lila's seemingly disembodied voice exclamied. "Watch where you're poking me!" She grabbed Bailey's arm tightly. "What is happening to me? I need to sit down."

Lila sat down on the curb and put her head in her hands. She was trying not to panic.

Breath. Deep breaths.

Lila opened her eyes and saw her hands. "Oh?" Slowly she returned to view. She looked up at the others. "Can you see me?"

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lila opened her eyes and saw her hands. "Oh?" Slowly she returned to view. She looked up at the others. "Can you see me?"

"Yes! That was . . . amazing! How did you do that?"

"Maybe there's more to this than just being transported to a new world."

Bailey successfully resisted the urge to look down her own shirt to see if she was wearing spandex tights beneath.

She turned back to the others. "Maybe he's right. Maybe we should make our way to ASTRO Labs. As odd as this all seems to us, if there really is an ASTRO Labs, they shouldn't find this odd at all. They really should believe our story. Stuff like this happens all the time in the comics, right?"

Bailey successfully resisted the urge to look down her own shirt to see if she was wearing spandex tights beneath.

She turned back to the others. "Maybe he's right. Maybe we should make our way to ASTRO Labs. As odd as this all seems to us, if there really is an ASTRO Labs, they shouldn't find this odd at all. They really should believe our story. Stuff like this happens all the time in the comics, right?"

James looks over to Tony and his hand, with the tendrils of shadow dancing out of it.

"You didn't make them disappear, did you?" he asks in a horrified voice. "Where did all of the people go?"

He swallows, then voices the thought that he previously had. "Shadow powers here typically have some connection to the Shattenwelt. That's probably where that came from, though I hope that's not where they went. I don't know how you did it. I have a theory, though... if we had to pass through the Terminus to get here, which would make sense, then remember that that's where Centurion got his powers from."

James looks over to Tony and his hand, with the tendrils of shadow dancing out of it.

"You didn't make them disappear, did you?" he asks in a horrified voice. "Where did all of the people go?"

He swallows, then voices the thought that he previously had. "Shadow powers here typically have some connection to the Shattenwelt. That's probably where that came from, though I hope that's not where they went. I don't know how you did it. I have a theory, though... if we had to pass through the Terminus to get here, which would make sense, then remember that that's where Centurion got his powers from."

"You're damn right there is more to this than just being transported to a new world. You're friend just turned Invisible.

INVISIBLE"

Seriously. Astro labs. It needs to happen like now. Before any more surprises come our way.

"Allright Sean. We need to go to Astro Labs. Like now."

"You're damn right there is more to this than just being transported to a new world. You're friend just turned Invisible.

INVISIBLE"

Seriously. Astro labs. It needs to happen like now. Before any more surprises come our way.

INVISIBLE"

Joey just sits there as the two others go back and forth, talking about the Terminus, and Centurion. He finds himself wishing he had ever taken a keen interest in the Freedom City mythos, and that things would be a bit more normal, comic book world or no. "This is seriously messed up. I doubt I need to say that, but I just feel someone should voice it. Dimension shifts, and extraterrestrial darkness... I mean I get to feel where people are through vibrations, and he's got snakes coming out of his hands that seem to make people disappear. If you start shooting energy from your eyes I am officially going to freak."

Joey just sits there as the two others go back and forth, talking about the Terminus, and Centurion. He finds himself wishing he had ever taken a keen interest in the Freedom City mythos, and that things would be a bit more normal, comic book world or no. "This is seriously messed up. I doubt I need to say that, but I just feel someone should voice it. Dimension shifts, and extraterrestrial darkness... I mean I get to feel where people are through vibrations, and he's got snakes coming out of his hands that seem to make people disappear. If you start shooting energy from your eyes I am officially going to freak."

'No....no, I didn't eat them. They just ran out...I saw them...through the darkness,"Tony quickly explains. "I could see them through the darkness...they were running into things for sure, but they made it out. Seems like living in Freedom City gives one a different set of survival skills than we are used to."

Tony holds his hand in front of his face, slowly closing it into a fist, dampening the darkness completely. A slight smile turns up at the corner of his mouth, Shattenwelt...wow, this IS real...we really are in Freedom City.

"So...you can feel where peoeple are through vibrations? See...that means we need to go to ASTRO labs asap." Tony turns to James, "I mean Now James...It is all noble to go looking for others like us, but it seems that we have developed a complication here that could cause serious problems. Sooner or later, one of us could do something that could cause irrepairable harm. Then we would be no better that the villains we read about...and I for one am not going to become a villain if I can help it."

Without wating for the others, Tony turns and heads for the door, a look of determination upon his face. Even as he stalks towards the door, those outside it part away from him...wether from his look or from the fact that they may have seen what he just did, Tony doesn't know...he just doesn't know...

'No....no, I didn't eat them. They just ran out...I saw them...through the darkness,"Tony quickly explains. "I could see them through the darkness...they were running into things for sure, but they made it out. Seems like living in Freedom City gives one a different set of survival skills than we are used to."

Tony holds his hand in front of his face, slowly closing it into a fist, dampening the darkness completely. A slight smile turns up at the corner of his mouth, Shattenwelt...wow, this IS real...we really are in Freedom City.

"So...you can feel where peoeple are through vibrations? See...that means we need to go to ASTRO labs asap." Tony turns to James, "I mean Now James...It is all noble to go looking for others like us, but it seems that we have developed a complication here that could cause serious problems. Sooner or later, one of us could do something that could cause irrepairable harm. Then we would be no better that the villains we read about...and I for one am not going to become a villain if I can help it."

Without wating for the others, Tony turns and heads for the door, a look of determination upon his face. Even as he stalks towards the door, those outside it part away from him...wether from his look or from the fact that they may have seen what he just did, Tony doesn't know...he just doesn't know...

"Hold up, Tony," James says. He had missed when the other man had said something about sensing vibrations. It seems like he also gained some sort of superpower. On the off chance that there's some sort of irony going on, he tries to make energy beams come out of his eyes. All it does is make his eyes bulge a little. He focuses on what's actually happening.

"Remember, I've got the car," he says. He turns back to Joey. "Look, we got off on the wrong foot. I'm James, and this is Tony. The only thing we seem to have in common is that we both know way too much about Freedom City, like you said. What's your name?"

Whether he gives the name or not, James says, "Tony's probably right. We should check this out with people who know more about the 'comic book physics' than we do. You want a lift? My car's got a GPS, so I can actually find how to get there."

Before they leave, whether Joey comes with them or not, James will reach for his wallet and toss 10 bucks on the table to cover Tony's burger. After all, it's really unfair for the place to lose out on that money, considering Tony was the one who caused it.

"Hold up, Tony," James says. He had missed when the other man had said something about sensing vibrations. It seems like he also gained some sort of superpower. On the off chance that there's some sort of irony going on, he tries to make energy beams come out of his eyes. All it does is make his eyes bulge a little. He focuses on what's actually happening.

"Remember, I've got the car," he says. He turns back to Joey. "Look, we got off on the wrong foot. I'm James, and this is Tony. The only thing we seem to have in common is that we both know way too much about Freedom City, like you said. What's your name?"

Whether he gives the name or not, James says, "Tony's probably right. We should check this out with people who know more about the 'comic book physics' than we do. You want a lift? My car's got a GPS, so I can actually find how to get there."

Before they leave, whether Joey comes with them or not, James will reach for his wallet and toss 10 bucks on the table to cover Tony's burger. After all, it's really unfair for the place to lose out on that money, considering Tony was the one who caused it.

Tony slows as he hears his name. Turning back to see what James and Joey were doing, Tony spies James throwing a ten on the table. Suddenly, his determination is dampened by his embarassment...he had forgot to pay for his interupted meal. Nodding his head at James, he waits till he catches up, " I will make it up to you next time....dinner on me."

As James and Joey catches up, he turns again and starts back to where James' car is, "I am also worried about someone noticing us...someone evil."As the walk,Tony begins to watch the crowd...watching for people following them, paying too much attention to them. The his new power from the Shattenwelt was at work here, or maybe it was just plain old paranoia...eithere way Tony was suddenly trusting nothing to chance.

Tony slows as he hears his name. Turning back to see what James and Joey were doing, Tony spies James throwing a ten on the table. Suddenly, his determination is dampened by his embarassment...he had forgot to pay for his interupted meal. Nodding his head at James, he waits till he catches up, " I will make it up to you next time....dinner on me."

As James and Joey catches up, he turns again and starts back to where James' car is, "I am also worried about someone noticing us...someone evil."As the walk,Tony begins to watch the crowd...watching for people following them, paying too much attention to them. The his new power from the Shattenwelt was at work here, or maybe it was just plain old paranoia...eithere way Tony was suddenly trusting nothing to chance.

"I...I...have no idea."

INVISIBLE"

"Huh?" Lila gave the guy a double take.

"He's so shocked he's babbling."

"I...I...have no idea."

INVISIBLE"

"I...I...have no idea."

INVISIBLE"