Stat Yourself [Elseworlds/What If?] [IC]

Heridfel

James shakes his head, "I don't carry anything, so I doubt my analog will either." He looks over as Tony hands over a knife to the man.

"Wow. Uh, should I have been worried? That's a big knife. Anyway, we're not trying to take out the robot. We can leave that to the professionals, especially since the best we can do is have you hide us... and I can't see then."

He takes a deep breath. "Let's go. Eyes open."

He starts walking to where the police have roadblocks set up. He walks to the policeman near the front.

"I'm with ASTRO Labs. These men are with me. We need to get in there to make sure Doc Otaku doesn't get a hold of some of our assets. It may be why he attacked here in the first place," James says. He holds up his badge to let the policeman read it.

The man doesn't do more than glance at it, and even yawns a little before saying, "No one gets in or out of there until it's safe. I have my orders."

James nods and turns around, walking back towards Tony and Joey. He mouths the words "Do it" to Tony. If he sees the darkness coming out, he'll look back towards the way they need to go, trying to memorize where things are for when he's running blind.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James shakes his head, "I don't carry anything, so I doubt my analog will either." He looks over as Tony hands over a knife to the man.

"Wow. Uh, should I have been worried? That's a big knife. Anyway, we're not trying to take out the robot. We can leave that to the professionals, especially since the best we can do is have you hide us... and I can't see then."

He starts walking to where the police have roadblocks set up. He walks to the policeman near the front.

"I'm with ASTRO Labs. These men are with me. We need to get in there to make sure Doc Otaku doesn't get a hold of some of our assets. It may be why he attacked here in the first place," James says. He holds up his badge to let the policeman read it.

The man doesn't do more than glance at it, and even yawns a little before saying, "No one gets in or out of there until it's safe. I have my orders."

James nods and turns around, walking back towards Tony and Joey. He mouths the words "Do it" to Tony. If he sees the darkness coming out, he'll look back towards the way they need to go, trying to memorize where things are for when he's running blind.

Tony hangs back a few feet with Joey as James approches the temporary manned barrier. Watching James try and get his way past the Patrolman. Unfortunately, James' bravado is wasted on the bored cop. Clearly the officer wasn't going to let them through, he was used to people trying to bluff there way past these barriers.

When James mouthed the words Do it...with a suppressed grin, Tony reaches deep within himself....reaches for the new found Darkness that now dwells within him. Instead of holding back, Tony throws open the door...unleashing the hungering Darkness, letting it out to feed upon the light. Within seconds, the surrounding area is shrouded in an abyssal darkness.

While the Darkness descends upon the barrier, something else transpires within it's center. Tony's form takes on a sleeker, predatory shape, glowing green eyes shining brightly. However, such change goes unnoticed by the others as they are now blinded by the cloud of Darkness...

Awwww....Shit. Command, this is Patrol 17. I need some assistance over here...This area is pitch black...can't see a damned thing...

Even as the cop complains on his walkie-talkie, Tony starts stalking forward, aiming for the now blind James. Before he takes more than three steps, Tony remembers Joey. Turning back, Tony watches to see if the newcomer's ability to "feel" his way around would also need his help navigating Tony's new pet Darkness.

Tony hangs back a few feet with Joey as James approches the temporary manned barrier. Watching James try and get his way past the Patrolman. Unfortunately, James' bravado is wasted on the bored cop. Clearly the officer wasn't going to let them through, he was used to people trying to bluff there way past these barriers.

When James mouthed the words Do it...with a suppressed grin, Tony reaches deep within himself....reaches for the new found Darkness that now dwells within him. Instead of holding back, Tony throws open the door...unleashing the hungering Darkness, letting it out to feed upon the light. Within seconds, the surrounding area is shrouded in an abyssal darkness.

While the Darkness descends upon the barrier, something else transpires within it's center. Tony's form takes on a sleeker, predatory shape, glowing green eyes shining brightly. However, such change goes unnoticed by the others as they are now blinded by the cloud of Darkness...

Awwww....Shit. Command, this is Patrol 17. I need some assistance over here...This area is pitch black...can't see a damned thing...

Even as the cop complains on his walkie-talkie, Tony starts stalking forward, aiming for the now blind James. Before he takes more than three steps, Tony remembers Joey. Turning back, Tony watches to see if the newcomer's ability to "feel" his way around would also need his help navigating Tony's new pet Darkness.

The darkness thankfully only takes out Joey's eyes. He can still 'feel' where people are. Whispering, and hoping he's correct about who is who, Joey begins to guide

Tony through the darkness. "Alright. They're just ahead. Move slow, try not to bump into anyone. Assuming that's you on my left, move about two feet to the right. Now walk forward. James, move about three feet to the left. Forward. Slowly. Keep going" 'This would be so much less stressful if I had waited to unsheathe the knife.'

The darkness thankfully only takes out Joey's eyes. He can still 'feel' where people are. Whispering, and hoping he's correct about who is who, Joey begins to guide

Tony through the darkness. "Alright. They're just ahead. Move slow, try not to bump into anyone. Assuming that's you on my left, move about two feet to the right. Now walk forward. James, move about three feet to the left. Forward. Slowly. Keep going" 'This would be so much less stressful if I had waited to unsheathe the knife.'

When Joey starts to give Tony directions on how to move through the darkness, he almost snorts out loud. Stifling a sarcastic retort, Tony stage whispers to Joey, " Relax...I can see in my Darkness..."It was at this point, Tony realizes that it was James he was talking to. "OH....my bad." Sometimes, Tony got too self absorbed to realize he wasn't the center of the universe.

Reahing out, Tony grabs James' flailing hand as he tries to find it in the Darkness. "This way..." turning his head slightly back to Joey, "After your comment at the resturant, I was hoping you could navigate through my Darkness. I'm glad my hunch paid off...

Passing by the cop, Tony fights the impulse to try and lift the cop's gun...it would be far better than the butterfly knife he had given Joey. But, that would deprive the man of his weapon and, more importantly, would take Tony down a much darker career path. "OK...not sure how this Darkness works. Hopefully, it is limited in size. I truly do not want to be holding James' hand all the way there," Tony jokes, "Your just not my type James...besides, my wife would get jealous."

When Joey starts to give Tony directions on how to move through the darkness, he almost snorts out loud. Stifling a sarcastic retort, Tony stage whispers to Joey, " Relax...I can see in my Darkness..."It was at this point, Tony realizes that it was James he was talking to. "OH....my bad." Sometimes, Tony got too self absorbed to realize he wasn't the center of the universe.

Reahing out, Tony grabs James' flailing hand as he tries to find it in the Darkness. "This way..." turning his head slightly back to Joey, "After your comment at the resturant, I was hoping you could navigate through my Darkness. I'm glad my hunch paid off...

Passing by the cop, Tony fights the impulse to try and lift the cop's gun...it would be far better than the butterfly knife he had given Joey. But, that would deprive the man of his weapon and, more importantly, would take Tony down a much darker career path. "OK...not sure how this Darkness works. Hopefully, it is limited in size. I truly do not want to be holding James' hand all the way there," Tony jokes, "Your just not my type James...besides, my wife would get jealous."

James's reaction once the darkness came out was to sprint as fast as he could, hoping that he'd get beyond its radius before he forgot where things were. It was somewhat impressive that he managed 20 feet before he fell over a piece of rubble on the ground. Tony can see him grit his teeth as he slowly stands up; Joey can just tell that he went from running on two feet to making contact with both hands and most of his legs.

He accepts Tony's help to stand up. Tony can see that James scraped up his hands pretty good, but his jeans still seem to be untorn.

"You can't see the edge of it? I hoped you could," he says as he opens and closes his hand. "I don't like it any better than you; let's move."

James's reaction once the darkness came out was to sprint as fast as he could, hoping that he'd get beyond its radius before he forgot where things were. It was somewhat impressive that he managed 20 feet before he fell over a piece of rubble on the ground. Tony can see him grit his teeth as he slowly stands up; Joey can just tell that he went from running on two feet to making contact with both hands and most of his legs.

He accepts Tony's help to stand up. Tony can see that James scraped up his hands pretty good, but his jeans still seem to be untorn.

"You can't see the edge of it? I hoped you could," he says as he opens and closes his hand. "I don't like it any better than you; let's move."

seanavatar.jpg

The camera man looks at Sean, eyebrow raised. Sean can almost see the cogs turning behind the man's eyes, playing out the eventualities of taking a group of unknowns with him in his expensive camera van. On the other hand, Sean was being difficult, and he was already late enough as it was.

"Hey, cousin, are you ready to go?"

The camera man glanced at Bailey, then back to Sean. "Fine, whatever. Just don't let them touch anything If anything gets broken, I swear to God, it's coming out of your salary." Sean nodded eagerly, before making his way back to the group. Why am I so happy about this turn of events? I don't even know these people. My 'friend' the camera man could open the van door when we reach ASTRO labs and find nothing but a puddle of blood where his assistant used to be! Sean didn't really believe that would happen, but his logic circuits felt better just for entertaining the possibility. He reached the others, "Ok guys, I got us a free ride - we're just going to have to ride in the back of that van." Sean smiles, hoping he's done some good. If things go to plan, we should work out what's what and be back home before dinner...

seanavatar.jpg

The camera man looks at Sean, eyebrow raised. Sean can almost see the cogs turning behind the man's eyes, playing out the eventualities of taking a group of unknowns with him in his expensive camera van. On the other hand, Sean was being difficult, and he was already late enough as it was.

The camera man glanced at Bailey, then back to Sean. "Fine, whatever. Just don't let them touch anything If anything gets broken, I swear to God, it's coming out of your salary." Sean nodded eagerly, before making his way back to the group. Why am I so happy about this turn of events? I don't even know these people. My 'friend' the camera man could open the van door when we reach ASTRO labs and find nothing but a puddle of blood where his assistant used to be! Sean didn't really believe that would happen, but his logic circuits felt better just for entertaining the possibility. He reached the others, "Ok guys, I got us a free ride - we're just going to have to ride in the back of that van." Sean smiles, hoping he's done some good. If things go to plan, we should work out what's what and be back home before dinner...

seanavatar.jpg