Tech Terrors!

Barnum

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The box began to vibrate again, but this time without smoke. It continued to grow more and more "see through" and the glow grew almost blindingly bright, and just when it looked as though the device was about to disappear for good . . .

POP!

The box fizzled and popped again. The red glow vanished, and the box became completely solid again.

Within a few minutes, the heroes heard Daedalus' electronic voice over their communicators, "What's your status? Did you secure the device? Report!" He seemed just a bit more excited and impatient than he did concerned.

The box began to vibrate again, but this time without smoke. It continued to grow more and more "see through" and the glow grew almost blindingly bright, and just when it looked as though the device was about to disappear for good . . .

POP!

The box fizzled and popped again. The red glow vanished, and the box became completely solid again.

Within a few minutes, the heroes heard Daedalus' electronic voice over their communicators, "What's your status? Did you secure the device? Report!" He seemed just a bit more excited and impatient than he did concerned.

POP!

The Emissary responds into his communicator.

"Hybrid was able to secure the device, though the concern remains as to how it was placed here, and why these creatures were to emerge over Astro labs in the first place. It otherwise goes well with us."

"Hybrid was able to secure the device, though the concern remains as to how it was placed here, and why these creatures were to emerge over Astro labs in the first place. It otherwise goes well with us."

Velocity breathed a sigh of relief as Hybrid was able to stop the box from teleporting away and Emissary replied to Daedalus’ call.

“Good job big guy.†The teen speedster said with a wide smile. She looked over at Emissary as she waited to see if Daedalus had any more instructions. Though she was standing still, she seemed to be about to burst into a blur of movement.

Velocity breathed a sigh of relief as Hybrid was able to stop the box from teleporting away and Emissary replied to Daedalus’ call.

“Good job big guy.†The teen speedster said with a wide smile. She looked over at Emissary as she waited to see if Daedalus had any more instructions. Though she was standing still, she seemed to be about to burst into a blur of movement.

Daedalus was practically giddy.

"Excellent! Bring me the device as quickly as you can. I'm scanning your area now, trying to track back the signal, but without the device I won't likely get very far. I need to examine that technology ASAP!"

"Excellent! Bring me the device as quickly as you can. I'm scanning your area now, trying to track back the signal, but without the device I won't likely get very far. I need to examine that technology ASAP!"

"Very well. We'll be along."

He looks to the others.

"As speed is of the essence it seems, Velocity should take the device to Daedelus, we'll follow along. Hopefully we can then proceed right to the source of this... I hesitate to say we should split the group up, as I am generally against such notion, but it seems to me that just in case that doesn't pan out, some of us should remain here, attempt to get a look at building surveilance, talk to such staff as might be present, in order to determine if information exists on who might have placed this device here and how that was done. We can always come together later to proceed to the source of these signals if Daedelus can find it."

"So goes my thinking on this, at any rate."

He looks to the others.

"As speed is of the essence it seems, Velocity should take the device to Daedelus, we'll follow along. Hopefully we can then proceed right to the source of this... I hesitate to say we should split the group up, as I am generally against such notion, but it seems to me that just in case that doesn't pan out, some of us should remain here, attempt to get a look at building surveilance, talk to such staff as might be present, in order to determine if information exists on who might have placed this device here and how that was done. We can always come together later to proceed to the source of these signals if Daedelus can find it."

He looks to the others.

He looks to the others.

Raindance nods in agreement.

"Sounds like a plan to me. Maybe if we can learn where these things are coming from, we can strike while the iron's hot. So to speak."

He looks to the others.

"Sounds like a plan to me. Maybe if we can learn where these things are coming from, we can strike while the iron's hot. So to speak."

He looks to the others.

“Okay, I’m ready to go!†Velocity replied, agreeing to Emissary’s suggestion. She zipped over next to Hybrid, holding out her hands to take the device so she could get it back to Freedom Hall in a few seconds.

“Okay, I’m ready to go!†Velocity replied, agreeing to Emissary’s suggestion. She zipped over next to Hybrid, holding out her hands to take the device so she could get it back to Freedom Hall in a few seconds.