Tech Terrors!

Barnum

This story is continued from this thread: Trick-or-Treat!

The heroes quickly arrived at Freedom Hall, albeit a bit slower than Velocity. There was no sign of Daedalus yet. In fact, the place looked quiet.

Velocity used the down time waiting on the others to call Cory. It seemed like ages since the mummy mysteriously arrived, but in reality, it had only been a few minutes. Cory was still out of breath, and sounded very worried.

"Meagan? Where are you? I've been looking all over for you? Stay where you are. I'm coming to get you. Just tell me where you are."

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The heroes quickly arrived at Freedom Hall, albeit a bit slower than Velocity. There was no sign of Daedalus yet. In fact, the place looked quiet.

Velocity used the down time waiting on the others to call Cory. It seemed like ages since the mummy mysteriously arrived, but in reality, it had only been a few minutes. Cory was still out of breath, and sounded very worried.

"Meagan? Where are you? I've been looking all over for you? Stay where you are. I'm coming to get you. Just tell me where you are."

Megan was not too surprised to hear the worry in Cory’s voice as her mined raced though several possible excuses in a split second. “I’m fine, I sort of tripped trying to get away from that thing and Freedom Eagle scooped me up and got me to somewhere safe. I saw the whole fight between that thing and a bunch of superheroes. So now I need to give a statement to the police.â€Â

“Why don’t you just head home and get ready for Brady’s party, I’ll catch up when I can.â€Â

Megan was not too surprised to hear the worry in Cory’s voice as her mined raced though several possible excuses in a split second. “I’m fine, I sort of tripped trying to get away from that thing and Freedom Eagle scooped me up and got me to somewhere safe. I saw the whole fight between that thing and a bunch of superheroes. So now I need to give a statement to the police.â€Â

“Why don’t you just head home and get ready for Brady’s party, I’ll catch up when I can.â€Â

Freedom Eagle is inexperienced enough with teamwork that he briefly overshoots the other flying heroes, but he circles back for the others rather than try to keep pace with the much faster Velocity. He still sets a good pace, his golden wings cutting through the air as he leads the way through the sky towards Freedom Hall. "I'll have to tell my...predecessor about this one. Right up there with the Eisenmech."

Freedom Eagle is inexperienced enough with teamwork that he briefly overshoots the other flying heroes, but he circles back for the others rather than try to keep pace with the much faster Velocity. He still sets a good pace, his golden wings cutting through the air as he leads the way through the sky towards Freedom Hall. "I'll have to tell my...predecessor about this one. Right up there with the Eisenmech."

Hybrid never really understood just how he flew. Some of his other powers he could grasp. Basically he could manipulate his own molecules.

The telepathy was a bit freaky at first and when he found he could flew he assumed he might have some sort of telekinesis.

No such luck! As he painfully found out in a fight against a creep called the Mastermind. But that was another story.

No matter how it worked Hybrid flew as fast as he could to try to keep up with the other heroes he met. Finally he arrived at Freedom Hall.

"Alright. What now? Anyone home?"

Hybrid never really understood just how he flew. Some of his other powers he could grasp. Basically he could manipulate his own molecules.

The telepathy was a bit freaky at first and when he found he could flew he assumed he might have some sort of telekinesis.

No such luck! As he painfully found out in a fight against a creep called the Mastermind. But that was another story.

No matter how it worked Hybrid flew as fast as he could to try to keep up with the other heroes he met. Finally he arrived at Freedom Hall.

Emissary just flew apace with most of the others, looking over Freedom Hall with an open curiosity once everyone arrived.

"Are we to wait, or simply proceed ahead?"

"I think that Eagle guy is a member. But he flew ahead so fast I lost track of him." He then smiled. "Phasing in probably would be a bad idea huh???"

Emissary just flew apace with most of the others, looking over Freedom Hall with an open curiosity once everyone arrived.

"I think that Eagle guy is a member. But he flew ahead so fast I lost track of him." He then smiled. "Phasing in probably would be a bad idea huh???"

“I’m fine, I sort of tripped trying to get away from that thing and Freedom Eagle scooped me up and got me to somewhere safe. I saw the whole fight between that thing and a bunch of superheroes. So now I need to give a statement to the police.â€Â

"What? Scooped you up? Where? I never saw him swoop down. You were right behind me." Cory was relieved that Megan was alright, especially since they were separated so quickly. He felt like he should have protected her better. He tried to, but at the first sign of trouble she pulled free of his arm and when he turned around to grab her hand, she was already gone. Maybe she ran off and left him. That thought was even more humiliating.

"Get ready for the party?" Cory wasn't in the party mood. He was angry and a little embarrassed, but he didn't want to seem like a wimp. "Well, okay. Are you going home? I'll come by your house and pick you up. When do you think you'll be home?"

“I’m fine, I sort of tripped trying to get away from that thing and Freedom Eagle scooped me up and got me to somewhere safe. I saw the whole fight between that thing and a bunch of superheroes. So now I need to give a statement to the police.â€Â

"What? Scooped you up? Where? I never saw him swoop down. You were right behind me." Cory was relieved that Megan was alright, especially since they were separated so quickly. He felt like he should have protected her better. He tried to, but at the first sign of trouble she pulled free of his arm and when he turned around to grab her hand, she was already gone. Maybe she ran off and left him. That thought was even more humiliating.

"Get ready for the party?" Cory wasn't in the party mood. He was angry and a little embarrassed, but he didn't want to seem like a wimp. "Well, okay. Are you going home? I'll come by your house and pick you up. When do you think you'll be home?"

“Umm, not sure, depends on when the police are done. I’ll give you a call when I know something okay?†Megan replied. “Don’t feel bad, just one of the things that happens in this town. And believe me, when you see my costume it will be worth the wait.†She added in a coy tone.