The Heist

Heridfel

“Little too late for that.†Velocity replied back as Nanowire tried to apologize for his attack that had torn up much of the lobby. But her attention was quickly diverted as the other villain threw a spear at one of the closest displays, with quite a bit of force. With a burst of speed, the young heroine moved to try to catch the spear before it caused any damage to something irreplaceable.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nanowire looked down to the staff he still held in his hands as if surprised it was still there. It seemed like such a small thing, petty in it's own way. The only reason he'd taken it in the first place was because they'd needed to throw people of their trail. But that was impossible now; if the security system didn't see them somewhere along the way, the supers that had shown up knew what they'd done.

“Little too late for that.â€Â
The girl had said. And she was right. No way back now, but still...

"Take it," Nanowire said, tossing the artifact to Heavy. "Don't really need the money anyway. Do whatever you want with it." The dull hum sound of Nanowire's gravitic impellers filled the air, and the pseudo machine lifted up into the air. "We're even now."

And then he was gone, blasting away from the area faster than any eye could follow.

Nanowire looked down to the staff he still held in his hands as if surprised it was still there. It seemed like such a small thing, petty in it's own way. The only reason he'd taken it in the first place was because they'd needed to throw people of their trail. But that was impossible now; if the security system didn't see them somewhere along the way, the supers that had shown up knew what they'd done.

"Take it," Nanowire said, tossing the artifact to Heavy. "Don't really need the money anyway. Do whatever you want with it." The dull hum sound of Nanowire's gravitic impellers filled the air, and the pseudo machine lifted up into the air. "We're even now."

And then he was gone, blasting away from the area faster than any eye could follow.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Once again, Heavy is one place. Then, without warning, he and Nanowire are somewhere else entirely. It might remind Valkyrie of the way that the DeLorean traveled in Back to the Future (though without the blue flames left in their tracks). The museum grows much quieter as the rush of wind that accompanied Nanowire's jet boost fades away.

"Great Scott." Velocity had been charging toward the two villains only to see them disappear in front of her. They could be anywhere! Valkyrie spends the next minute or so looking frantically about the near-by area; walls not a problem for her. Not finding her targets, she heads back to the museum foyer. She floats in through the East wall, rubbing the back of her neck. Hopefully the other woman would still be there..

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Once again, Heavy is one place. Then, without warning, he and Nanowire are somewhere else entirely. It might remind Valkyrie of the way that the DeLorean traveled in Back to the Future (though without the blue flames left in their tracks). The museum grows much quieter as the rush of wind that accompanied Nanowire's jet boost fades away.

"Great Scott." Velocity had been charging toward the two villains only to see them disappear in front of her. They could be anywhere! Valkyrie spends the next minute or so looking frantically about the near-by area; walls not a problem for her. Not finding her targets, she heads back to the museum foyer. She floats in through the East wall, rubbing the back of her neck. Hopefully the other woman would still be there..

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Heavy catches the staff by reflex and watches Nanowire blast off. He's only able to follow him for about 1 second himself before he goes beyond the range of his radar. He looks down at it.

"Great. I'm going to have to get a paper to find out what this thing is," he says to himself. He also takes off, heading southwest. He's going to try to head around the city outskirts before flying back to his apartment in the West End. When he finally gets home, he picks up his phone, which looks like it hasn't been replaced in 20 years, and makes a call out to a voice mailbox.

"I got the book like you asked," he says. "Just let me know where and when I'm supposed to drop it off." He hangs up. His contact doesn't like big speeches, and he doesn't want any "surprises", now that he's held up his part of the bargain.

He takes a deep breath and lets it out as he removes his helm, then his gauntlets. He takes out the grimoire, puts it down on the kitchen table, and opens it up. He looks down at it and frowns. He knew the book was from China, so he shouldn't be surprised that it looks like it's written in Chinese. He slowly flips through the book, until he comes across some pictures. Now, those he can handle. He stares at them for a long time, before finally closing the book and going to bed.

Heavy catches the staff by reflex and watches Nanowire blast off. He's only able to follow him for about 1 second himself before he goes beyond the range of his radar. He looks down at it.

"Great. I'm going to have to get a paper to find out what this thing is," he says to himself. He also takes off, heading southwest. He's going to try to head around the city outskirts before flying back to his apartment in the West End. When he finally gets home, he picks up his phone, which looks like it hasn't been replaced in 20 years, and makes a call out to a voice mailbox.

"I got the book like you asked," he says. "Just let me know where and when I'm supposed to drop it off." He hangs up. His contact doesn't like big speeches, and he doesn't want any "surprises", now that he's held up his part of the bargain.

He takes a deep breath and lets it out as he removes his helm, then his gauntlets. He takes out the grimoire, puts it down on the kitchen table, and opens it up. He looks down at it and frowns. He knew the book was from China, so he shouldn't be surprised that it looks like it's written in Chinese. He slowly flips through the book, until he comes across some pictures. Now, those he can handle. He stares at them for a long time, before finally closing the book and going to bed.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Valkyrie looks at Velocity absently, "Yeah, I think so." She drifted down, putting her feet firmly on the ground, taking a moment as the whole event played out in her head. She looked around the area, vaguely assessing the damage, taking a few steps into the scene. This was her first attempt at anything like hero work, and it looked like she failed. After a few moments she realised that she wasn't alone and she snapped back to reality, "So, what happens now?" She looks genuinely lost.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Valkyrie looks at Velocity absently, "Yeah, I think so." She drifted down, putting her feet firmly on the ground, taking a moment as the whole event played out in her head. She looked around the area, vaguely assessing the damage, taking a few steps into the scene. This was her first attempt at anything like hero work, and it looked like she failed. After a few moments she realised that she wasn't alone and she snapped back to reality, "So, what happens now?" She looks genuinely lost.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Valkyrie-1.jpg

“Now we wait for the police to show up and tell them what happened.â€Â

That was the answer Valkyrie dreaded. Her first go at this whole thing and she blew it! She glides over to the reception desk and sits on it. She replays the battle over and over in her mind, wondering where she went wrong. I should have grabbed them - should have tried to keep them here. She rubs her face, as if tired before looking over at her companion, "So, what's your name? I'm Valkyrie, by the way."

Valkyrie-1.jpg

That was the answer Valkyrie dreaded. Her first go at this whole thing and she blew it! She glides over to the reception desk and sits on it. She replays the battle over and over in her mind, wondering where she went wrong. I should have grabbed them - should have tried to keep them here. She rubs her face, as if tired before looking over at her companion, "So, what's your name? I'm Valkyrie, by the way."

Valkyrie-1.jpg

“Velocity.†The speedster replied as she zipped over to stand near Valkyrie. “Nice to meet you.â€Â

She then looked at the other woman and added, “Don’t worry about it, it sucks they got away, but that happens. Supervillains can be a tricky lot.â€Â

“Velocity.†The speedster replied as she zipped over to stand near Valkyrie. “Nice to meet you.â€Â

She then looked at the other woman and added, “Don’t worry about it, it sucks they got away, but that happens. Supervillains can be a tricky lot.â€Â