The Heist [OOC] (Full)

Heridfel

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herid Fel puts on his Referee hat.

The answer to your question is "Sometimes." When you start out a thread, you get one hero point, plus one hero point for each rank of Luck you have (generally speaking; there are some exceptions). You don't carry these hero points over.

There are also hero points gained through complications. These ones, if unspent at the end of the thread, go onto your character sheet for use in later threads, up to a number based on your PL. This allows someone who keeps getting affected by complications to eventually pull off some miraculous stuff. This is well-represented in comics (Peter Parker has been said to be an HP-generating machine from all the complications he faces).

If you, a player, have received hero points through this method and have any unspent at the end of a thread, note it in the OOC thread, so that the refs know to add it to your sheet.

Check part 8 of this post for the full details.

The answer to your question is "Sometimes." When you start out a thread, you get one hero point, plus one hero point for each rank of Luck you have (generally speaking; there are some exceptions). You don't carry these hero points over.

There are also hero points gained through complications. These ones, if unspent at the end of the thread, go onto your character sheet for use in later threads, up to a number based on your PL. This allows someone who keeps getting affected by complications to eventually pull off some miraculous stuff. This is well-represented in comics (Peter Parker has been said to be an HP-generating machine from all the complications he faces).

If you, a player, have received hero points through this method and have any unspent at the end of a thread, note it in the OOC thread, so that the refs know to add it to your sheet.

That it does. I will update your sheet accordingly. I'm going to call them "floating Hero Points", and put them under your PL/PP on your character sheets. I'll emphasize pointing it out to me at the end of a thread. I generally assume that folks use up their Hero Points when they get them.

That it does. I will update your sheet accordingly. I'm going to call them "floating Hero Points", and put them under your PL/PP on your character sheets. I'll emphasize pointing it out to me at the end of a thread. I generally assume that folks use up their Hero Points when they get them.