The Heist [OOC] (Full)

Heridfel

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Nanowire's movement, Heavy's close enough to where they came in to port out. However, to make this a little more interesting, I'm using extra effort to get a Surge (standard action) before using the full-round action to use Spatial Control. I'm throwing that spear I picked up, not at anyone, but hard enough towards a far wall that it's clear that it would be damaged if it hit. Basically, it's the old villain's gambit of "save something precious, or stop me." I'm hoping that because Valkyrie and Velocity have never worked together, they both go to catch it so that neither of them sees the Subtle Spatial Control take place.

With Nanowire's movement, Heavy's close enough to where they came in to port out. However, to make this a little more interesting, I'm using extra effort to get a Surge (standard action) before using the full-round action to use Spatial Control. I'm throwing that spear I picked up, not at anyone, but hard enough towards a far wall that it's clear that it would be damaged if it hit. Basically, it's the old villain's gambit of "save something precious, or stop me." I'm hoping that because Valkyrie and Velocity have never worked together, they both go to catch it so that neither of them sees the Subtle Spatial Control take place.

Speaking as a player, I'd suggest using the rules for blocking projectiles. If you take -5 on a block roll with Deflect, you can catch something that's thrown at you. Ranged Deflect can get something that wasn't thrown at you, and Precise removes the penalty to catch the projectile.

So I guess using extra effort to get Deflect X (Extra: Ranged; PF: Precise) (where X is as high a rank as you can get) as an alternate power would be a good way to handle it.

Speaking as a player, I'd suggest using the rules for blocking projectiles. If you take -5 on a block roll with Deflect, you can catch something that's thrown at you. Ranged Deflect can get something that wasn't thrown at you, and Precise removes the penalty to catch the projectile.

So I guess using extra effort to get Deflect X (Extra: Ranged; PF: Precise) (where X is as high a rank as you can get) as an alternate power would be a good way to handle it.