Hong Kong Hair (IC)

Madame Raven

"In my defense, I had to improvise a lot on the entry..." Callie deadpanned "... I'll be sure to do better the next time! But let's see what I can do!"

Taking one of her Raven Claws she began to work on the bonds holding the woman.

"It seems that there's more going on here than I was initially aware, would someone be willing to tell me just what I've gotten myself into?"

There was no doubt she'd follow this through to the end, but it was alway nice to know the whole picture before you got in too deep.

GM

The chains were firm, the bonds were tight, but the locks? The locks were no match for Madame Raven. With a clunk, they fell the floor. 

Wrack rubber her wrists - the skin was read with weals. 

"I'm Wrack," she said with a nod. "When I was born, they said it looked like I had been on one..."

There was a spanish lilt to her accent, but it was faint. 

"Called a Witch, I was. Maybe I am one, too. Given I do not age. Ah! Pain upon pain through the ages. Wracked with pain, you might say. My back..."

She rubber her lumbar region, wincing. The twisted spine certainly looked pretty painful, even from the outside. 

"Murk sent you? Looks like that piece of paper was worth something after all. But know this - I am in your debt, whether or not you signed that paper. And as for that fat man..." she added glaring at the unconscious form of Mr Silk. "How do you think we should kill him? quick or slow?"

Tsunami

Giang looked at Madame Raven as she went to work on cutting Wrack’s bonds. "I apologize that I was not clearer, I was not suggesting that you left any particular clues behind, only that the locks for the skylight and trapdoor were still open when I followed in your footsteps." She said initially, before adding. "As for what is occurring, I am afraid I do not know much more than you likely do. Wrack and I have a mutual…acquaintance, who was aware of her situation and asked me to attempt to help her. Beyond that I know nothing of how she ended up imprisoned in this crime lord’s factory."

The Asian young woman then turned her attention to Wrack as the woman mentioned killing Mr. Silk. "I believe you misunderstand why I am here. As I said, I am here to help you regain your freedom and get you to safety. I am not here to commit murder, nor sit idly by while you commit murder."

GM

"Do you know what he did to me?" screamed Wrack, face livid. "Cut my hair! Over and over again! He FARMED me!"

She caught her breath - wheezing, straining. The curvature of her spine did not suit exertion of her lungs. When she recovered, her words were suitably softer in volume, yet still acidic!

"My hair is magic. A witch, they called me, thanks to my hair. Its part of me, losing it is... whats the way to describe it. Cutting my hair is like having a tooth pulled. Do you like having a tooth pulled? over and over again?"

"Pfah! Young, pretty, powerful.. and immortal! Well, some have all the luck don't they?"

She calmed, slightly. 

"But thankyou for saving me. Both of you. I am in your debt. But... if you don't want to kill this toad..." she glared at Mr. Silk. "Then what are you going to do with him? And how are we getting out of here?"

Madame Raven

"As someone who has only one... maybe two lives to live I'll enjoy my successes along with learning from my failures. As long as these things don't defeat me." Callie gesticulated at the lock that she'd been working on for a few minutes.

As she did she filed away the stuff she didn't understand completely, like this mysterious Mr Wrack, as something she'd look into when she got back to Freedom City, whenever that happened to be. A note for her journal she figured.

"Unless we're lucky there are at least two in the warehouse and a similar number patrolling outside, most probably more if Mr Silk valued his precious objects. And I doubt all three of us can sneak out unless we figure out a good distraction!"

She wasn't happy about leaving Mr Silk to the police here, but with getting the three of them out they couldn't worry about an extra person of any size or build.

Tsunami

Giang gave a sympathetic look as she explained how much of a torment it was to have her hair cut repeatedly by Mr. Silk and his henchmen. "No, I would not like that." She replied to Wrack's comparison. "I certainly do not make light of what you have experienced, but I am still not here to act as an instrument of vengeance, however deserved."

She simply remained quiet as Wrack commented on her luck, which to be fair was not a completely inaccurate statement. Giang had not sought out or desired any of the things Wrack listed, yet they had all come to her by way of the designs of her father (even if some were not necessarily intended).

Turning to regard Madame Raven, the Asian young woman replied. "I can should be able to provide a distraction once we are ready." She looked down at Silk. "As for him, I am afraid he will likely have to remain down here, perhaps the police will be able to arrest him, but I am not certain we can put much stock in that."

Madame Raven

"We should probably secure him before we leave then, and definitely no killing him whilst he's helpless. Though we can't stop you if you want to give him a swift boot to something personal..."

She stepped back folding her Raven Claw back away and putting her hands up.

"That should do it! If you have a plan I'll follow you out, if you need something don't hesitate to let me know!"

Tsunami

While Madame Raven continued working on Wrack’s bindings, Giang moved slowly about the room, looking for anything that could be used to bind up Silk. As she went the Asian young woman explained her general idea.

"I have a rather simple idea for a distraction. When we are ready, I was thinking I can reach out and cause the water pressure to build up in the water pipes throughout the factory, causing them to burst and begin flooding the factory. That should at least get the attention of all the guards in the place." She stated, looking back over to Madame Raven. "Unless you have another thought."

GM

The chains were no match for Madame Raven. As soon as they were off, Wrack rubbed her raw wrists, and flexed her fists. 

"Water? Good, good. You can drown that beached whale in his own factory," she said. "Do fat men float? We shall see!"

Vengeance abated and a less palatable thought emerged. "But I can't swim. Bent spine, bent legs, bent arms. A true witch. So I hope one of you can carry me..."

Her eyes glanced at Tsunami. "Remember the Codus..." she hissed at Tsunami, quiet as a snake. Perhaps another would have not caught the words, but Madame Raven was keen eared; she heard well enough. 

The basement had pipes, and Tsunami had noted many pipes running through the factory. More, perhaps, than might be expected for a textile factory. But perhaps this was no ordinary textile factory - plenty of chemicals were sloshing around upstairs. Acids? Poisons? Drugs? Perhaps all three. 

So plenty of water to work with - but things might get a bit unpredictable...

Madame Raven

"Best if you can set things off some distance away from us, if we can distract them hopefully we can avoid them."

Looking towards the stairs to the trapdoor she quickly figured out how quickly they could move once things started.

"I'm sure you're very stiff after all that time strapped down, let me help you about Nǎinái" she as respectfully as possible offered to help, whilst hopefully allowing Wrack to save some face.

She'd never known her grandparents, for some that was for the better, but she knew how to read people which helped butter up grandparents as it was to put fear in villains.

Tsunami

"Some distance away?" Giang asked her eyes seemingly distant as she focused on detecting the various pipes flowing with water throughout the building. "I can do that."

The young woman then focused on some of the water mains and fire suppression system lines at the far end of the factory. Seizing control of the water inside, Giang caused it to strain against the valves holding it in check from flowing freely through various spigots and sprinklers. She was able to cause the water pressure to build up to such a degree that the water soon forced its way through the check valves, warping them and then began to erupt freely from the now unblocked openings. In moments, there were several different significant water leaks at various points along the far end of the factory, each on different water lines.

"There, have gotten things started. It may take a few moments before anyone realizes what is wrong." She stated, looking to see that Wrack was ready to start moving.

Posted (edited)

GM

Stuff was happening, that was for sure. 

The cellar was relatively sound proofed - presumably to muffle the cries of agony from any "interrogations" being performed. But the pipes transmitted noises very well. 

Gurglings. 

Splashings. 

Hissings. 

The sound of popping bolts and rattling metal. 

There was no doubt, the factory was undergoing some radical plumbing. 

Perhaps too radical. Water started flowing down the stairs from the factory floor. Hardly a tsunami (unless Tsunami wished it to be, of course), but in five, maybe ten minutes, then would be floating up their necks in water. Another few minutes and the water would reach the ceiling. 

It did not need amazing water supersenses to note the water was not clean, smelled funny, and would cause skin irritation. Whatever chemicals Mr Silk used in his operation - he was clearly not minded to prioritise health and safety!

On a positive note, Mr Silk seemed quite boyouant. His extraordinary weight would be easier to move when floating. 

Edited by Supercape

Tsunami

As the water began to leak down into the basement area where Giang was waiting with Madame Raven and Wrack, the Asian woman skillfully directed the water away from her two comrades, keeping the area around them dry and water free. The water seemed to bend around Giang herself, who soon stepped on top of the water.

As Mr. Silk's unconscious form began floating in the pooling water, Giang looked over to the other two. "Are we ready to make our way out? I can use the water to lift Silk out of here?"

Once the others indicated they were ready, Giang cleared a path in the water for them to approach the stairs as she silently moved across the surface of the water (not even leaving any ripples to mark her passage) and climbed out of the trapdoor and stepped into nearby shadows.

When the other two had made their way up to a dry area cleared for them, Giang had the water below lift Mr. Silk back up through the trapdoor.

GM

The factory floor was in panic. There was all sorts of commotion. People standing on tables, people barking orders, people pretending not to hear orders. People barking orders increasingly loudly so that people had to increasingly pretend not to hear them. 

The only cool customers were the three black suites goons, elegantly balancing on tables, surverying the scene with hawkish eyes, sharp tanto-knives drawn. They looked like they would be more than happy to draw blood. 

An alarm blared. Several cannisters of chemicals were floating in the water, and from the way people avoiding them, they were not waterproof. Mr Silk clearly did not give a rat's behind about health and safety. Strange, lurid colours swirled from the cannisters, the water around them fizzed, and there was a heady smell in the air. 

And still, water kept flowing. It would only be a minute before the water was head height. 

And, lamentably, the factory doors had been shut. 

Madame Raven

Apparently, these things never ran smoothly, something she should really expect better after her years of experience. First thing first she found somewhere that looked relatively safe from the increasing water, either if Tsunami did control water she didn't want to assume that anything bad couldn't happen.

"Stay safe and out of the way, we'll make sure to get you and everyone else out safely."

She got out her makeshift grapple aiming for the superstructure she'd come in on original. Her plan was simple make it to the door and make sure people could get out, if the guards gave her trouble they they'd become a more immediate problem.