Jump to content
Tiffany Korta

Savanna Stories: Flee you fools!

Recommended Posts

Riverside Docks, Freedom City
10:00 pm, 3rd July 2018


For heroes it was a place that seemed to attract trouble, ships seemed to attract trouble with people trying to bring various things into and out of Freedom City. And with a ship having just pulled into port from Socotra, a place known for its very lax registration laws, plus the fact that its ruler was a bonafide supervillain, was almost to easy a place to look for potential trouble.

 

So the Spirit of the Isle was just sitting there, it's crew off spending there wages it some of the nearby dives but the cargo not yet unloaded. if something illegal was going to go down then it would happen tonight.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Gauss floated along the river, enjoying the cool breeze off the ocean blowing her hair back and making her cape billow.  Glad to pop out of her dorm room for a bit of fresh air she spent most of the last hour or three just flying and enjoying the summer evening.  So far tonight she had foiled two muggings and helped stop a street race,  leaving her feeling pretty satisfied that she was at least making her evening productive.  As she moved past the ships, over the docks , and above the warehouses she slowed down to land on a flat rooftop.  Leaning against an air conditioning unit she pulled a bottle of water and a protein bar from one of the pockets on her thigh.  "I really need to pack better snacks," she sighed.

Share this post


Link to post

White Lioness
Part of the responsibility of the protector of Dakana was to recover where possible Daka crystals that had fallen into disreputable hands, something that happened more often than most Dakana's were happy with. Tonight she was back in Freedom City, at the very docks that Gauss was floating above.

 

In this case, it was a crystal carved into the shape of a humanoid bird-like creature, which had been liberated from a Madagascar museum. Thanks to the crystals unique signature she'd been able to track it here and was now waiting for the exchange so she could make sure that it wouldn't happen again, at least for this little groups.

 

It was almost too easy, what was the worse that could happen?

Share this post


Link to post

GM Post
From the air, the lights from the dock were reflecting off of something that caught Gauss's eye. One of the massive containers had been burst open the massive sharp edges being what had caught the light, and it didn't take much to work out that something very large or strong had burst out of the containers.

 

She couldn't be sure but Gauss was sure that it hadn't been like that before, which suggested that whatever had left the container was most likely still somewhere in the docks, and they probably weren't up to anything good!

Share this post


Link to post

With her late night snack finished she stuffed the empty bottle and wrapper back into the pocket she'd pulled them from.  After a quick stretch she lifted off again, heading back over the boats at a leisurely pace.

 

As she rose into the air and noticed the torn open container she came to a dead stop, the only movement coming from the wind stirring her cloak.  "Well, that can't be good," she muttered to herself before descending once more, hopping to find someone on the deck while making her way towards the twisted scrap.

Share this post


Link to post

GM Post
It was easy to follow the trail of destruction the creature was causing, and from the brief glimpses it was humanoid but couldn't be described as human. It was most definitely here for a purpose as it was deliberately moving towards a goal somewhere within these docks, and from the damage it was causing it wasn't concerned about anyone in the way of its goal.

 

It didn't take long to realise that its goal was a warehouse on one end of the docks, it's light was on and it appeared that there were people around. Which added up to trouble!

Share this post


Link to post

White Lioness
Àjàṣorò had to admit that she was nervous, even a simple operation like this was something she'd never done before. Especially as she was flying solo, her brother was off doing something important and she might have encouraged him to do so. She felt that she needed to do this, prove that she was capable of holding the mantle of the White Lioness. And as her father had helpfully told her nerves were good, it kept you focused on potential trouble.

 

With the two groups were gathered and ready to make the exchange Àjàṣorò raised up and got ready to pounce!

Share this post


Link to post

Following the trail of destruction and the occasional injured dock worker, Gauss flew faster with each act of violence she passed.  She still couldn't get a good look at her quarry, given roughly half the lights on the decks were off or just straight up broken.  She was making a mental note to add a flashlight or the like into her belt, her frustration growing quickly.

 

Her trail however quickly lead her to one warehouse that was actually well lit and a girl in a white costume and gold accents, "Oh crap..."

Share this post


Link to post

 

White Lioness

She should have expected other heroes to turn up, this was Freedom City after all, and she adjusted quickly to the situation quickly gently shuffling the hero into the shadows.

 

"You timing is impeccable!" she spoke in her rich Dakani accent "There's an illegal exchange going down I need to stop, and you're welcome to help, but I don't expect any real trouble."

 

Of cause that was when the trouble started, as everyone looked up and over at the wall as there was a terrible tearing sound.

Share this post


Link to post

GM Post
There was a tearing sound as the walls of the warehouse was torn apart revealing a humanoid figure. Out of a scene right out of a monster movie the figure stood perfectly back lite. It was humanoid but much bigger, around 3 meters (10 feet) tall and covered in a mass of feathers it's clawed arms showing remains of what must be it wings. As it stepped through the hole it gave a triumphant screech from it sharp raptor-like beak.

 

The gangster and dealers could only look up in fear at this terror bird, something from another age.

Share this post


Link to post

She was about to bring her fellow heroine up to speed on what she had been following for the past several minutes when White Lioness gave her the basic information on why she was also out here.  "Cool, can we compare notes in a few minutes?  I've been following a path of beaten guards and busted equipment after finding a shipping container something non-human broke through.  If it isn't stopped, it might get into the city.  Did you ever see that old Jeff Goldblum movie The Lost World?  Think that but slightly smaller."

 

At the sound of ripping sheet metal and terrified shouts the magnekinetic bit back a curse, "Never mind, let's go save some smugglers."

Share this post


Link to post

GM Post
The metal slammed into the massive bird-like humanoid making it scream in pain, it also made it paused in its attack apparently stopped by the rents the metal had caused in its feathered skin.


The weapon dealer decided that running away was the best option in this case, though a few of the braver guards fired off a few ineffective shots at the massive beast. Luckily for them, the beast seemed more focused on the more obvious heroes, and the heroes seemed more focused on Terror Bird for now.

Share this post


Link to post

White Lioness
Whilst the Terror Bird was something that needed to be dealt with she had to first deal with the reason why she'd come here. With the beast apparently in hand so far she made a run across the warehouse, leaping over where the meeting had taken place grabbing the crystal as she did so.


With that done she carried on towards the Terror Bird to attempt to attack him, though with everything she'd already done the attack was ineffective. Looking up at the massive bird creature it was a little daunting that she might be the next target of its massive claws.

Share this post


Link to post

Gauss, taking the opportunity when she saw the monsterous bird's eyes go distant for a minute, she mentally retrieved her previous projectile and sent it hurtling back at the creature's chest, doing her best to make sure she avoided hitting White Lioness.

 

Watching the slab of metal bounce off ineffectually she let out a snarl of annoyance, "Any ideas?  Brute force seems not to be working."

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×