Space Adventures: Pony and Trap

"Better to ask forgiveness than permission i hear! And thanks! Though im sure you've got the harder job here." He yelled over his shoulder as, planting his feet firmly in the soil and raising his guard, ready to pounce the moment the machine did something to reveal itself, be it footprints in the soil or the tell tale trail of weapon fire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM Post
For what must have felt like minutes, but was in fact only a few seconds, the android finally acted. It was briefly illuminated as a green laser that cut across the are trying to slice into the Terran's flesh, it also showed that it was in motion obviously trying to flank the two heroes to get an advantage. It was literally trying to run circles round them!.

At least in the illuminated light of the laser, briefly affecting its camouflage field, showed that it had taken some damage from there previous attacks.

Seeing his opening he slammes his hands together with all the force his steel sinew could muster, another massive wave of displaced air errupted from where his hands met even as the laser scored searing pain across his metal form.

It was, he decided pretty pointless trying to defend himself from a foe he couldn't see so, being in the toughest form he had available, trading blows when it chose to reveal itself with weapons fire seemed the best option, as much as it sucked it was proving to be effective and for all the pain he'd not taken anything more than superficial damage.

"This thing really stings!" He complained not to anyone in particular "ill be glad when its scrapped."

The Traveller

"Okay you're doing great I just need a few more seconds."

Floating above it all Sitara made a few adjustments on her wrist computer, whilst most would find the bursts of energy a distraction she was use to it from far too many wars and conflicts. In fact, the massive amounts of energy released made it easier to work out the frequencies needed as the interacted with the energies.

The with just a few final adjustments there was a brief burst of subsonic noise, enough for a few seconds of discomfort for the humans, before the stealth field on the android went down.

GM Post
Maybe the droid was aware of the suppression of its stealth field, or maybe it was a reaction to the damage it had taken, but at this moment it chooses to flee from the fight.

However with the damage, it has taken and the now rough terrain the droid couldn't move with any massive speed, the fact that it didn't have any real special motive powers.

It must be trying to get somewhere, maybe to the tree line and available cover, rather than the less than successful attempting to fight in the open, even if it had been concealed.

With the damaged droid now fully visable alex hurled himself after with ferocity.

"You Ain't going anywhere tinhead except the recyclin' after ive crushed you!" He boomed, his success fueling his bravado against the alien warmachine as he rushed down towards it, a little to fast for him to see if he hit but undeterred he controlled his rebound and brounght his elbow down.

• 2 weeks later...

The Traveller
With the science out of the way Sitara could concentrate on the actual business of taking down the android, they were after all built to take a lot of battering and keep operating.

Twirling her cylindrical blasters around her hands, yeah it was showing off little but she'd just pulled off another miracle of science and engineering. She then pulled off a series of blaster shots from the two weapons using then to range find on the moving droid, which resulted in a fairly solid hit.

When the droid kept moving after shrugging off the blast she said something quite rude in her native tongue.

GM Post
With a singular purpose that only a droid could manage is kept pounding away across the fields ignoring the assault that the two of them tried to inflict on the mechanical warrior. And it did have something in mind as it rapidly made it way back towards the tree line.

At the treeline, it pauses briefly, ready to leap into the cover of the bright green leaves. It might have lost its stealth field but there were others ways to stay out of sight to assault them. They were going from one problem to the other from the sneaky droid.

"Ah dang it, its jungling!" Alex complained light heartedly as he shook his metal fist in mock frustration

"1v1 me, IRL Coward!" He cried as he bounded after it on springy metal legs, catching up with it he let the momentum in his legs follow through and deliver a mighty kick to what he assumed was the robots rear end.

Edited by Exaccus

The Traveller
It was difficult to keep a bead on the droid as it moved so quickly, but Sitara tried her best helped by the fact that for now, it seemed to be focused on the Terran. It must somehow consider him the biggest threat to its existence, which showed that even robots were poor judges of characters. Or it normally would be if not for the fact that, for the moment, none of her blaster bolts found there target, for now, and she had other options if that failed.

Not that she was concerned to get the droid before her ally did, in fact, if he did she'd be happy to buy him a drink. Not that she needed much of an excuse really...

GM Post
The droid pause at the edge of the wood, for now, content to attack them rather than go into the treeline and out of sight. It was difficult to determine what thoughts went through its positronic brain for sure, but it seemed to want to slow them down before going into hiding.

A solid beam of energy spiked out towards Facsimile, another surprise weapon from this war bot it seemed, with so many weapons to deploy it would be devastating against regular force. Which was of cause the entire reason it had been built in the first place.

But luckily they were anything but regular people!

"Hoo boy, they built you to last huh?" He asked rhetorically for the most part, unsure it could understand him, could offer him a reply or if it cared too.

"Well lemme show how we do killer robots back home!" A powerful kick from his steel legs carrying him forward in a blurr of motion nothing silver glint as he landed and kicked off the ground again, bounding and rebounding all around it as fast as he could like a pinball crossed with a particularly angry hornet.

Making sure to keep far enough away to provide a clean shot to sitara, hoping that her weapons would be more effective than pummeling it had proven

Edited by Exaccus

The Traveller
Sitara had been in enough combats through the millennia to spot such an opportunity. She quickly took the two parts of her pike and connected them together bracing the resulting longer blaster against her shoulder. The trick was to pause and take a moment to gather yourself together before squeezing of the perfect shot at just the right moment.

All this happened in a moment, she'd done this many times before, and the bolt of energy flew straight and true striking the war droid and good and solid blow.

GM Post
The blast tore through the droid causing massive damage to the very intricate mechanical and electronic systems that allowed it to make war in the most effective way. It was possible that even now it could have recovered and even defeat the enemies of its mission.

It systems told it however that it was outnumbered by capable skilled opponents that wouldn't stop until they'd defeated there enemy. By the complicated programming of it's best option was to deny it equipment from enemy hands.

This meant that the two had but a few moments before the droid exploded in an impressive display, creating a fairly large hole in the ground in front of the forest.

"Oh dang its blowing! Get back!" He bellowed as he slammed his hand into the earth and taking its properties and merging his arm with the soil, sending the robot and a small area around it plummeting beneath the surface of the planet, its path slamming closed behind it, hopefully supressing the blast.

The Traveller

Sitara's HUD gave her a slight warning of its self-destruction, but not by much. She had enough distance to be safe but made sure that Facsimile wasn't harmed by the explosion. After a quick scan to make sure the bot hadn't left behind any other surprises she landed beside the Terran and offered a hand to help him up.

"You did good work kid!" she spoke again in English "I hope you haven't upset the locals because that will have got the attention of there emergency services. As an official of the Praetorians I've got to stick around and file reports, if you want to stick around I can show you the sight and hopefully get you home!"

GM Post
It was a strange experience to see the little horse aliens in uniforms and carrying blasters examining the scene with the professional eyes whilst there grav vehicles watched for further trouble, obviously already having found the initial crash site.

Sitara, the Traveller, talked to the officials filling them in on what had gone down, her translation software allowing her to talk in there native tongue. It was strange to see the 1.7m meter tall woman talking to the aliens that were less than half that amount.

Having returned to his flesh and blood form he found himself idly shuffling around, taking in the sights and sounds of the still wonderfully pristine enviroment, alien birdsong and insect chirps filling his attention span.

He was sure however to remain fairly close to sitara however, wandering off whilst the authorities were present would be bad form and whilst the aliens were cute it was important to remember that they were beings due politeness and curtosy, it was their world after all, he was merely a visitor.

That amd they were considerably more scientifically advanced than the majority of humanity including himself.

He'd considered mimicing sitara's translator and listening in but not only might his transformation he considered an act of aggression he'd been raised better than to touch people uninvited and eaves drop. 

The Traveller

After talking to the officials for a bit she apparently reached some understanding and they went off to coordinate the recovery of the destroyed droid. She then took a few moments to chat to some of the troopers, in what sounded a much less formal time including little whinnies that sound like there equivalent of laughing.

"Everything squared up and they're cool with what we've done, at least we've not been asked to leave. Those over there..." she gestured to the troopers "...know this amazing little bar. How about that drink I promised you?"

"Sounds good to me!" he sighed, relieved that he'd not caused too much upset, even on earth he felt bad about the messes he made for people to clean up, doc metropolis's restoration efforts were really quite a blessing all in all.

"I think im a bit of a welterweight though haha." he added with a bit more enthusiasm "Don't lemme drive the flying saucer  if i look a bit dizzy eh? though i probably should stick to motorcycles in general."

"i could excavate the robot bits if they want." he added, a uneasy after thought but one he would've felt bad about not offering "Wouldn't take me a moment either."

• 2 weeks later...

GM Post

The nearby city was like any modern metropolis, complete with flying cars, but everything scaled to the aliens diminutive height. Luckily the bar they'd be recommended had an outside area where the two humans could sit and enjoy and talk and a drink. The natives gave them a few glances on their way pass but they gave them some respectful privacy.

The local drink was a fermented apple-like concoction that was pleasant and pretty light, the little aliens probably couldn't hold their alcohol like Sitara. Though to be fair few could.

"So you must have a million questions right now, so where do you want to start?"

"Its true, I do, so many infact they've got themselves stuck trying to squeeze past each other." He answered plainly as he nursed the beverage a little.

"Tell ya what, lets make a bit of a back and forth about it stop it getting one sided and borin' ill ask one then you ask me one." He offered.

"Ill go first; Tell me more about yourself i guess?"

The Traveller

"It has been a whilst since I played twenty questions, but I guess now's as good time as any to start. My name is, as you know, Sitara Shashikala and I was born oh about five thousand years ago in a place I believe you now know as the Indus Valley. I was around sixteen when the aliens came to recruit people to help in there struggle against another more violent culture."

Sitara gave a little laugh as she sipped her alcoholic drink.

"It's not as impressive as it sounds, I napped a few centuries along the way I'm only about 3,500 active years though it's difficult to keep track sometimes. So what about you, I'm sure you have a just as fascinating story to tell?"

"Well im Only 19, but a lot of stuff has happened in the last few years, my powers kick off when a girder was about to fall on me at my Pa's Construction Site i was interning at." he began "then i get sent to a special school....zombies come out of a submarine, rogue elements of the government kidnap me and make me turn into a red crystal that like...gave me sight beyond sight..which i used to plan a rather successful escape." he hummed a little as he turned it over.

"then I get dragged into a secret organization's shadow wars trying to save some people from a drug ring/infernalist cult; i think? get magic'd into a book to fight a dragon, Fight some lycanthrope bikers with a bunch of like-minded people and turn myself into light and accidentally shoot my self through space to an alien planet where i meet another human and fight a alien deathbot."

Taking a sip of his drink now his brief overview was done to wet his whistle before continuing.

"So whats the weirdest situation you've ever been in according to you?"

Edited by Exaccus

The Traveller

Sitara thought about it for a moment, with a few wistful smiles at the many memories good and bad before replying.

"With a few thousand years of travelling, I've experienced quite a few strange and wonderful things through my years. One experience does stand out, however..."

She then went on to talk about her experience in a small decadent empire, with people who could out party even her. Through a series of rather lewd experiences, she’d experienced everything they had to offer. She held back on all the details, dropping just enough hints of all the fun experiences

"...And there I was naked in front of a crowd apparently the ruler of the entire planet! It wasn't as exciting as sound alas, so I left them and went exploring. I should really look them up again sometime..."

She gave him a few moments to process what she'd described before adding.

"So I guess you've never experienced something quite like that but you must have a few strange stories to share?"