Space Adventures: Pony and Trap

"Haha, gosh that was a wild ride eh?" he laughed almost slapping the table in amusement before remembering that it was made for tiny fluffy aliens and he would probably damage it...or maybe not! Science was hard.

"Hmm...strangest thing that happend to me....Lets see...it all started with my brother you see, he's convinced that if he could just get himself in some danger like i was he'd get powers too...biig super hero fan you see?" he explained as he took a long sip of his drink again and jostled it in the glass a little as he worked out how he was gonna tell this particular tale.

"So for a few weeks after i got my powers, whilst i was still learning them right? he goes getting himself into all kindsa jams!" he laughs "Even picks a fight with street gang! so im hitting the ground running and my brother just gets madder and madder with me for saving his life and decides he's gonna get even with me ya see?" he snrrked a little as he thought of what had happened

"It took me a while to figure out how to hold myself together when im not solid, so i practised with a bottle of water, insulated, opague." he explains "and tried to put out a match....but my brother had swapped it out for gasoline and i wound up exploding myself to vapor" he laughed "Oh it was terrifying at the time for sure! but i was swirling around screaming and trying to keep everything in the right place like a really drunk cloud." he explained "it took me most of the day to figure out how to pull myself together."

Edited by Exaccus
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Traveller

Sitara raised a glass of the drink to the sky.

"To keeping things weird!" she smiled at the much, much younger hero "It's been a long while since I first got altered, but I remember how difficult it is to adjust. When I drop you home we can use the facilities at CoVic station to run a few tests for you."

She drained the glass and slammed it down on the table, getting to her feet apparently unharmed with the many drinks they'd consumed.

"I think we should get going before we wear out our welcome, they're a peaceful people but I don't want to have to explain things to Amara, she's my boss for now! It's not that far to my ship, the Kavaca, and if your up for some exploring we can take the longer way back to Earth..."

Alex clinked his glass to sitara's readily.

"To new friends, more adventures and greater horizons!" He added to to the toast before downing the drink in one.

"Sounds good to me. I was at a festival thing so i got a few days before im missed and ill never turn down help....or a free ride home."

GM Post

The Kavaca was parked a short distance from where they'd originally met in a forest clearing, a bona fide starship in this rather innocuous place. It was all sweeping lines and smooth surfaces as much a work of art than a ship of war, the Delaztri created works of art that happened to be weapons of war. Two of the local aliens, in what looked like some form of military uniform, looked at the ship and they were far from happy.

"Looks like I'm going to have to smooth things with the local. There's an entrance around the side, I've told Akazavani to let you in."

With that Sitara was off all smiles and charm.

"well ok...." alex said a little bit unsure, he felt bad about making a mess and leaving it to other people to bail him out of it, he'd been raised to take responsibility and apologize when he done goofed up no matter how big or small it might've seemed to him, it could be the world or nothing to the person goof'd against.

That said this was interstellar politics and the few aliens he knew personally confessed it to be a very messy affair akin to a shoving contest between species so it was probably for the best he left it in the hands of a more capable diplomat than himself.

if he was honest he was more than curious enough about whom or what Akazavani Was! so sidling off to the side and taking the long way around he came to the rear entrance of the ship and without any better instructions to follow he gently rapped his knuckles against the bay doors.

"Akazavani? Its me, Facsimile uuh....Sitara sent me?"

GM Post

"Welcome Facsimile I am Akazavani the AI of the Kavaca." the voice spoke in perfect English "Please step into the airlock so I can run a decontamination sequence, you Terran have a plethora of such interesting diseases"

As she nattered away the airlock door cycled open with a slight hiss of air

"I promise that the procedure is quick and quite painless, and if you find it relaxing I can continue to talk to you through the event. It has been quite a while since I got to communicate in your language." for an artificial voice she sounded quite enthusiastic.

"yeah?" facs said, honestly a bit flabbergasted in truth but undeterred "I better get to it then! mind if i call you Aka for short?" he asked earnestly as he stepped inside the decontamination thingymabob and prepared for whatever was going to get done next "Earth got pretty bad diseases over all then? or is it just weird ones?" he continued "I mean, i think we had a outbreak of something that was getting called Ingruenza that was making people sneeze out their protoplasm or something..." he vaguely recalled some newspaper article or another...might've just been slander against em by a hate group though."

"A lot of people on earth are suprisingly not chill with things considering we got so many unique metahumans running about but im pretty cool with everything providing it don't give me reason to not be ya know?"

GM Post

"If you don't mind I would prefer if you don't shorten it that drastically." the voice actually sounded hurt "My name come from Akaza meaning sky and Svara meaning voice, a literal Voice from the Sky. Sitara had quite the sense of humour does she not?"

As she explained her name the airlock door closed and a strange blue light filled the chamber, the scan must have given her a few seconds to consider as she added.

"If Sanskrit is too complicated for you maybe you would find Sky easier to pronounce?" as she spoke the inner airlock door opened "You are also free of any pathogens and it appears you are in fine health for your species. Though I'm afraid I had to use Lor norms as I have scant data on Terrans, and Sitara's biology has been extensively altered."

"eh if it upsets you never mind Akazavani, i will get some practise with sanskrit in." he offered diplomatically as he walked into the space craft proper and looked around "Nice digs you got here, ive not been in a space ship before mind but this definately gives off the vibe of like a ferrari...uh a supercar from earth, very fast, very asthetically pleasing and hella expensive." he explained as he wandered around the halls a little bit.

"My real name is Alexander, you can call me Alex for short if you like, means greatness! or so i am told." he added with a humorous shrug "I dunno if i'd use me for a yardstick for terrans either..i am a mutant after all." he explained, it was a bit weird to say outloud like that "Still human i guess...but...not?"

Finding a chair that seemed suited to his philology he sat in it and span around, making a light raspberry noise as he went "betcha got some stories to tell too eh? traveller was regaling me with some of hers, i wonder about what your perspective might be on stuff? Ain't been to space before so im largely ignorant of whats been going on out here."

GM Post

"I have only been online for a few years, Sitara says she was bored of speaking to herself. We often go exploring when not on missions for the Praetorians. This ship, however, has records going back to the time of the Delaztri Empire."

To illustrate the point she displayed a hologram of this region of space, with Earth helpfully pointed out (and very far away). A portion of the space displayed galactic powers of according to the date around three thousand years ago.

"The current fate of the Delaztri are unknown, some of the Praetorians are quite curious to find out what happened to the species and the Empire."

"I see...i can understand why, it must be pretty rough to have lost so much time..." he said somberly before his eyes caught a tiny blotch of blue with the words Lor hanging over it.

"Oh hey they were tiny back in the day huh? i guess it makes sense, from little acorns and all that....what Did the delaztri think of em do you know? and the grue? they're the space people we've had the most contact with so it'd be intresting to hear how they compared." he said as he studied the map.

"And about the Delaztri too of course, they seem to be pretty cool guys from what i heard...like the federation from star trek."

The Traveller

"I spent a couple of months on the Lor-var back then, being the only Praetorian that could pass as one unaltered." the voice of Sitara came from the doorway to the cockpit "They weren't a starfaring species yet, and neither were the Grue. It was weird to be only a planet that seemed so like my home, which then I thought long lost, but so alien at the same time."

She slid into the pilot's seat and started to manipulate the control as the engines rumbled to life.

"The local decided it's best that we leave, so unless you left anything behind we better leave. And as for the Delaztri I'll let Amara tell you once we get to CoVic station, it's her people and stories to tell really."

"just one crushed tin can, couple thousand feet into the crust!" he joked "but i don't think its doing anyone harm, wonder if it;ll freak out a little pony archaeologist one day in the distant future...find of the century!" he made mirth as he gave one last counter clockwise spin and pointed dramatically out the window.

"Set a course! maximum warp!"

The Traveller

Gracefully the craft took to the air, floating silently on it's Anti-grav units till above the treeline. Where a few of the local watched the Kavaca turn upwards and finally fire its engine to shoot into the deep blue sky. Within seconds the blue darkened into black as the craft made orbit. From there the craft could have made the jump to hyperspace, but instead, Sitara put the starship into an orbit.

"I thought I'd give you a moment to enjoy the view, there's something about watching a planet turn below you especially when it's your first time!" with a thought she added, "If you want the full experience I could turn off the gravity?"

"yeah...its really beautiful...videos on the internet don't do it justice at all." he stated simply, staring intently at the world slowly turning, clouds pouring across its surface like faint fog rolling around it.

"Oh heck yes, that sounds neat! I didn't really get to experience it when i zapped myself out here...too much screaming and panic you know! my body was going at light speed but my brain just couldn't keep up..like sleep paralysis."

The Traveller

With a smile, Sitara strapped herself into the pilot's seat and bought up a holo-screen in front of her, which with a few presses she turned off the ships internal gravity. As the ship tumbled around the planet at the same speed as planet's local gravity Facsimile found himself start to float in the microgravity.

"Let me know if you feel sick, some don't do well in Zero-G, but don't worry if you do the Kavaca’s got a top-notch nanite cleaning system!"

Whilst she enjoyed the feel of no gravity now and again, today she was all business plotting a good course back to CoVic station. It was enough to watch the Terrans reaction.

Facsimile took to the air with some grace, not a lot of course, but enough, he was familiar with moving and indeed thinking in three dimensions, having been many forms that required it and great concentration to avoid dispersal.

"Yeah...this is kinda like like the first time i tried to become water kinda...you ever seen wind barf? it was a very strange sensation..." he reminisced as he floated lazily around the cabin "Cause it was strange to be wind and barf, though it was my first time." he added as he gently pushed off a not control pannel looking part of the interior.

"Akazavani, you got a good look at me right? What do you think? psychosomatic or did i actually create and expel some kinda...air bile?"

Edited by Exaccus
  • 2 weeks later...

GM Post

"All creature have some capacity to expel parts of them that is not good for their continued well being, those of a somewhat gaseous nature are no exception. Though obviously, I'd need more biometric data to know for certain."

Sitara looked proud at this as she explained why

"Her matrix is getting better at complex and abstract thoughts, I guess I did a decent job on this one!"

The joy was short lived as the ships display showed energy spiked from the surface.

"Several ships are preparing to launch, all appear to be armed in some fashion."

"Hmmm, I guess they want to encourage users to leave right away, strap yourself in Terran time to leave!"

"Huh they like a military junta or Dictator ship something?" Asked facs as he kicked off the ceiling and arched not quite elegently into the seat and clunked the belt into its socket.

"Not gonna get my little bud in trouble with that peppermint am i? Not a class A drug in horseland i hope." He asked sheepishly.

"Ready when you are but try not to get us pulled over i got a pocket of peppermin chews!"

The Traveller

"The Houyhnhnm have been a peaceful race from quite some time, their ancestors were, however, conquerors who placed a hoof on many of the nearby systems. And we remind them of a sore point in their past."

As she'd spoke she skillfully adjusted the controls, even the one he couldn't see due to it being holographic displays. Those he could see showed a variety of data in various alien texts.

"And that's us ready to depart, hold onto your seats we're about to make the jump! And probably not a moment too soon!"

GM Post

"Here we go then!"

In an instant, the ship seemed to leap from orbit travelling at speeds beyond imagining. Around the ship was a kaleidoscope of colour that swirled around the ship as its engines defied the laws of relativity. It was beautiful and also a little disconcerting after a while like the eyes were trying to make out shapes that should exist in three-dimensional.

Still, it was something amazing just to be able to watch and one step on what could be a very long journey back to Earth...

Space Adventures shall continue!