Jack hung back a little so as not to frighten the woman with his size. "Please Melady, we mean you and your no harm." He said in his thick accent.

GM

The imposing woman shook a thick finger at them that looked like she could crack walnuts with, "my baby don't leave the house long enough to be bullied!  I don't think..."

She was interrupted by a quiet voice, "it's okay mom, I know them."

With a last disdainful look at the pair, she harumphed and walked towards the kitchen, "fine baby, but I'll be in the kitchen making cookies.  You holla if these... I don't even know what they are bother you."

"Thanks mom..." he said, "I'll be fine, they'll just be a while."

As the two entered the house, they got a better look at the boy who was playing some kind of video game.  He was about 14 and looked about as unathletic as could be.  His unkempt afro seemed almost comical on his head as if he just didn't care about his appearance.  He never stopped playing the video game, which was some kind of fighting affair.

GM

While it was not immediately obvious, but a glance confirmed, that the characters fighting on the screen were small representations of Rev and Jack as a bear.  A second glance showed that the background appeared to be the bowling alley that they had just left.  Their opponent were the thugs and even some of the background people were faces that the pair could recognize from the alley.

"I hope your friend is okay," the teen said without looking away from the TV.

Rev

"Now that is seriously spooky!" muttered Rev, not quite believing what she was seeing. 

"Who are you? What are you? What is that? Who are they?" she said, garbled, pointing at the various things on the video game. 

"I mean, that's us, and that's them. And I never seen a video game like this before. Trust me, I know my video games" she explained, having recently got addicted. 

"Oh, and yeah, our friend is alright. Probably. I think you hit her to hard when you where playing your fighting game..."

Jack's eyebrow raised in suspicion and he felt his anger rising. Had this kid caused the fight somehow? He held on to reason, but barely. He tried to focus on the thugs, they had been the ones who had harmed Alexa...and they had been dealt with.

"Lil'one is tough...she will be fine." He said in a curtain tone, trying to keep any anger from his voice. The beast inside was still on a warpath, still hungry.

The boy didn't bother to look up from his game, "no, I don't control anything.  I just can see thing through my games... but you both make sweet characters.  You should come around more often.  But, that's a video game, I'm Damien, they're bangers, and... um... oh I'm in Junior High."

The cartoon Jack performed some kind of moving knocking a thug down before the bright words FATALITY flashed on the screen and bear Jack ripped the spine out of one of the thugs, holding up the grisly trophy and grinning at the trio watching.  Rev's arms were flashing across the screen ala Street Fighter style and was battering the thugs all over the place and juggling them in the air.  15 HIT COMBO!  Flashed on the screen as another one went down.

From the kitchen they could hear his mother cooking something and the aroma of something sweet baking floated through the small house.

"Usually the characters I get lose pretty badly.  It doesn't make for a very good game.  The bangers seem to always be better than anyone they fight and I hate it when that happens."

Edited by BlazingCoconut

Rev

Rev thoroughly approved of the ultra violence. At least if digital. 

"I'm not sure I approve of the level of violence in this game" she said, sternly, peering at the screen. "In my opinion, there isn't enough violence in it. You need to play Ultra-spinal-gut-blade instead" she said, trying to be serious an not succeeding very well. 

"Who made this game anyway? Did you programme it? I mean, I know we are famous and awesome, but I didn't know we where that awesome and famous" she said, confused. 

"And who are the bangers?"

Edited by Supercape

GM

"Well..." the boy said, "there's been more violence in my games lately.  I mean you know a banger is someone that rolls with his crew on the street, right?"

He spared a very brief look at Rev as her character's arms whipped about one of the thugs head and apparently reached down his throat and pulled out several very vital looking bits of internal organs. 

FLAWLESS VICTORY.  EXTREME CARNAGE!  Prompted the game as she held up her grizzly trophy.

"Anyway, the one's in the game are Leon's boys.  They're called the Denim Mammoths and they've set up around the alley.  Leon is tight with lots of people, but he's started to shake down anyone he can."

Suddenly, the game shifted, there was a larger thug, decked out in a very cartoonish leather outfit squaring up against what looked like a very ordinary middle aged woman who would lot have looked out of place in an office.  The boy sighed, "yeah, I'm going to lose this fight no matter what I do.  I hate them... stupid OP characters."

Edited by BlazingCoconut

Rev

"Yikes! You know I don't actually do that, yeah?" said Rev. Even she was shocked at the level of ultra-violence in the computer game. Flattered as she was, she didn't really feel uncomfortable with the fountain of internal organs bobbing around the screen. 

"So, ah...how come Leon and the Denim guys, how come they are suddenly super strong and can toss my friend around like a feather? I mean, I guess its not super powered Denim. Or super powered Mammoths either? Something's got them souped up like a V12 engine running on raw plutonium" she ventured. 

The boy shrugged, "there's supers all over.  Enough of them aren't interested in helping people and they end up with people like Leon.  Most of his crew are just guns and knives, but you met Mike and there are others.  They keep a low profile most of the time.  I think you must have just gotten unlucky.  Although, best game that I've ever had so I guess that's good for me, right?"

His mother bustled her way back into the small family room, he carried a plate of cookies which was matched with a look that could have melted ice, "I brought you cookies baby.  For you and your... friends."

"Thanks mom," he said not even looking away as the woman was beat down on the screen.

"Baby, I don't know why you play that stupid game all the time," she said shaking her head and then turning to the pair, "it's people like you that brought my baby to this!"

Rev

Rev was not one to turn down a cookie. Or two. A cookie was a good way to win her over. 

"I don't really know what this is, ma'am" she replied. This was a bit of a lie, for she barely had a clue. 

"We certainly don't want to get your...urrr....baby....into any kind of trouble". Well hell, except for the kind of trouble which involves having some sun on your face rather than your face glued to a video screen. "In fact, we want to get him right out of trouble!" she added. 

"Thing is, we don't quite know what the trouble is! Could you explain it to us?"