Pitching In

BlazingCoconut

Jack paid polite attention as Alexa describe the features of the Dorms. When they arrived at the room, he followed her inside, bending down slightly to avoid hitting his head on the top of the door... something he had become used to, although it was another reason he preferred to be outside.

He smiled at Alexa's roommate's enthusiasm, a welcome refreshment to most of America's boring adherance to political correctness. He took her hand in his, much the same as he had Alexa's, kissing the back of it politely in greeting. "Dobry den melady Lexa." He flashed her a genuine smile. "It is most pleasure to meet you. Any friend of Alexa must be of highest caliber." He continued in his thick English accent.

He looked from Lexa to Alexa and back. "Alexa...Lexa...da, not at this school for hour and already meet the prettiest girls. I do enjoy America sometimes. And do not fret, I am not partial to tidiness, and you are most right, Lil'one is most smart. Smarter then I by leaps." He gave both women another smile, delighted by how the day was turning out.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexa grinned, embarrassed at his gregarious nature.  She was not used to people commenting on her looks at all.  It was just not something that happened, at least until today.  However, she was glad to see him kiss Rev's hand and she gave her roomie a very knowing wink as he did.  The skin looked like it stood up to a much closer inspection that she had anticipated it getting and was thrilled that it did.

"If you haven't guessed, Jack is is from Russia and is going to be attending here.  He wanted to see things before deciding if he was going to stay on campus or not.  Although... I haven't asked him what his powers were yet.  I'm assuming you have them, right?" she said then walked over and plopped down on the bed next to Rev, folding her legs under her before continuing, "Lexa is the best, don't let her fool you.  I'd probably be dumped in a toilet somewhere if I couldn't pick up some lessons in cool from her."

Rev

Rev was almost coy. But when Rev was almost coy, she went the other direction to snap herself out of it. No time for coy in the Junkin' Donuts, racing a modified Chevvy at high speed on dark nights!

"I'm so awesome, I know" she laughed. "Fast and furious, that's me"

She stood up and now rubbed her eyes. "Holy Fuel Injectors, you are tall, huh? What's your super power? Do you eat balloons or something?" she asked, having never met someone so big in her life. She gently pressed one of Jack's arms, to see if it would pop. 

"Looks real to me. Man, they must have pumped you full of some serious juice, or something. Russian, you say?" she said, tapping her chin and trying to work out the puzzle. 

"Well, ya gotta spill the beans now, Jack. What's turbo charging you?"

Jack looked a little uncertain at the question, his smile faltering for a second before returning. He thought back to that day when he first changed...the day he lost control. He had come a long way since then. He wondered if he should be honest. He immediately knew he could be nothing less then honest with these two. They had treated him well and deserved truth and honesty.

He sat on Alexa's bed and looked at the two. "Da, I have abilities. I was attacked and nearly killed by Polar Bear in my home country." Jack said softly. "It left my on brink of life, and was killed by my grandfather. I was in coma for months and after, I was like this. This is as much as parents know..." He looked at his giant hands. "But there is more. The spirit of bear is still inside me...I can change form."

He had never told anyone this...and he found himself surprised that he could tell these ladies all of this...but Jack knew he had a soft spot for girls. Plus he was at a place for people like him...and if he couldn't talk about it here...then he would never truely learn to control his power. He didn't want to live in fear of himself.

Zhu looked over at Rev with a questioning look, the demeanor in the room had changed with the question.  Usually the tradition of, 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours' was very alive and well in Claremont when it came to powers.  Although, thinking about it, there were more than a couple of people who had some cool powers with some horrific origin stories.  It sounded like Jack's story wasn't as nice as her own.  Having people treat a little odd wasn't anywhere near as terrible as being eaten by a bear.  If that bear was still with him, that had to be... awkward?

"Oh.  I'm sorry to hear that.  That sounds terrible..." she paused, "so you change into a bear?  Like a real bear?  Didn't you say you were here to learn control?"

The last bit was said as she subconsciously slid back on the bed and a little closer to Rev.  She was very truthful when she said that it sounded terrible and she didn't want to have a first hand experience with it either.

Jack smiled a little, noticing Alexa slide away from him. "Do not fear lil'one. I have enough control of my ability. You are in no damger. From me." He said, trying to reassure her. "But I fear this room is too small for a proper demonstration in any case." He continued waving a hand dismissively. "And da, a very big bear lil'one."

Rev

"Awesome!" said Rev, delighted and loud. She snapped open a thumbs up sign, and (as was her now characteristic move), a little blue flame of an inch or two flicked out of the top of her thumb, peeling off the gel-skin on its tip. 

"Oops!" she mumbled, flicking off the flame and getting out a spray can of synth-gel. She and Zhu had started pumping the gel nto cans of Andy Boot's Crazy Detergent Effusion Spray! of which there were several cans lying about. With a quick little press of the button, thanks to some ABCDE spray, the tip of her thumb was once again coated with gel skin. 

"I mean, I'm dying to see that. Like a polar bear!" she explained, looking around the room. "But you are probably right...not here! I mean, I pride myself on keeping this place really messy and trashed up. And if you wreck it, Zhu will have the excuse she needs to make it really clean and neat!" she sighed, noting the one major conflict between her and Zhu. 

"If I'm ever in Canada, ill bring back some fish, huh? I mean...you eat fish right? Or what was it..seals?" she asked, a little suspicious. Eating seals was not a good thing, in her head. 

"I am also fond of the Big Mac.." Jack said with a grin at her question. It was more like several big Macs...but that seemed irrelevant to the conversation. He felt heartened by Lexa's enthusiasm over his abilities. He hadn't really thought of them in that way...but having someone be a fan of them was encouraging.

He took note of the flame jutting from her thumb and the spray can of seemingly fake skin. "I see you have interesting abillty as well melady." He opened and closed his hands, looking at them for a moment. "Perhaps one day you shall see my ability...tho hopefully not after you have eaten...it is not always pleasant da."

With the danger of imminent consumption being put aside at least for now, she relaxed.  That was the thing about Lexa, she put people at ease with her natural enthusiasm and buoyant spirits.  They had been rooming together now for a couple months, but she couldn't imagine living with anyone else.  Yes, the aforementioned messes were a thing, and perhaps Alexa had gone a little overboard when she had both organized and labeled Lexa's sock and underwear drawer.  To her it had seemed efficient, but in retrospect, not everyone thought the same was as she did.  Still besides some minor quibbles, it had been the best month she could remember by far.

"Well, we probably will see it sooner than later.  Once you get your schedule, we can see which classes you are in.  My guess is that you are going to have a powers and responsibilities class.  It's basically required and I'm pretty sure it's what they use to get baseline's on all of us.  Have they given the schedule to you yet?  I know that your mom wanted some time to talk to the Headmistress, so maybe not."

Rev

Rev sat down again, popping open some class book on chemistry she was trying to understand...it had been some time since she had properly studied, and whilst she wasn't stupid, she was finding the process of abstract study rather than practical learning a drag (to say the least). 

"Now that's something I would like to see!" she said, keenly. "A young man going bare...I mean bare. Did I say bare? I meant bare" she smiled, with a wink. 

"Just make sure when you get your fur on, give me a heads up, will ya? It sounds brutal! In a good way, brutal!" she added, giving a stare to the imaginary horizon. "Yeah, man, I can see it now..." she imagined, waving her hand over the imaginary landscape. "RRRRAAARRRRGH!" she growled, mimicking a claw with her hand. 

"If that doesn't scare the brown stuff out of a thugs backside, nothing will! Not that I encourage creeping out of the school to prowl the streets and intimidate street thugs out of there predatory hobbies. But yeah, if you did that, I would want to see it!" she said, full of encouragement that she had just denied having. 

"OMG!  Lexa!" Zhu squealed next to her, pushing at the arm of her friend, which, as expected, didn't move a millimeter.  That was the problem with having an impossibly strong best friend.  "You did not just say that to him, did you?" 

Blushing on behalf of her friend's innuendo, she still giggled at her bravado.  "I totally can imagine that".  How many people would expect to come face to face with a bear?  Especially in the city!"  Folding her legs under her, she tucked the hem of her skirt under her knees in a nod to modesty as she continued, "so what kind of bear?  I think you said you were attacked by a Polar Bear, but is that what you turn into?"

Jack flashed Lexa a mischievous grin and a wink of his own. "That's how I sleep..." His smiled widened a little before turning his attention to Alexa and her question.

"Da, a polar bear indeed." He ran a hand through his hair. "Why my hair is white." He leaned back on the bed resting on his hands.

Edited by Jack

Alexa blushed as she shook her head, "you two are as bad as one another!"  

Her smile never left her face, "so besides control, what are you going to study?  I have classes for learning more about all of that..." she said waving at the baffling array of parts, machines, and schematics that were neatly organized on her desk.  "But I'm also getting a full set of college prep courses.  I mean, are you planning on college?  Or have you thought about that far ahead?"

Rev

Rev leaned against a wall, tossing her advanced chemistry book to one side. She really ought to study chemistry, she thought. Learn SFX's tricks. 

"Me, I'm going to study science stuff, and all that science that goes with it, you know? Learn from the queen, over here" she added, jabbing her thumb at SFX. "Who knows, when we break out, er....graduate from here, I'll get her to open a shop with me. You know, a greasy garage full of grease and oil and sweat, changing number plates on stolen cards. That would be awesome, right?" she asked SFX deadpan. 

She couldn't keep it deadpan for long, and gave SFX a wink. 

"Don't worry I'm not that serious. I'd gladly open a shop with you though. Cars and special effects and solving crime. Well, that would be an odd combination. Maybe The Chop Prop Cop Shop?" she suggested. 

"Wait!" Alexa exclaimed totally ignoring the rhythmic name, "we could make a car with a cool red light on the front and a semi sentient AI powering it!"

Dreams of Knight Rider reruns flashed through her head, one of the many American series that she had watched from China.  "It would totally lead to solving crime while looking great on the beach... or was that another TV show?"

Then she paused, "hold on one minute!  Did you say steal?"

Rev

"No no! Steal, never. That would be illegal and stuff" said Rev, uncharacteristically nervous. "I got a sheet already. Not steal, no way. Accidentally appropriate goods that have gone mysteriously missing, possibly" she said, worried. "What I mean to say is, I would love to get my hands on some engines, you know, play around, repair them. Seriously, own my own garage. I could do good work. And, you know, solve crime and save the day, and all that stuff" she added, smiling at the thought. 

"Don't know about looking good on the beach though. Does this skin gel melt in the sun? If it does, I'll end up looking like the Freaky Melto from Freaky Melto 4. Man, that film had the worst SFX I have seen" she said sadly. 

"And that's some pretty stiff competition. So, gotta be careful in the sun. It will ruin my complexion!"

Jack leaned back against the wall and listened to the girls, with a smile on his face. He was enjoying his time at this school already. "Da and perhaps I can draw logo for you girls.." he said softly as they talked. It was not a subject many knew about him. He had been an artist for a long time, something he had learned from his Father. He loved drawing, especially comics, and had a large folder of drawings he kept under his bed.

Edited by Jack

Alexa put a hand on Lexa's knee, seeing her nervous look, "it's okay.  I was joking, I know you're straight and narrow the whole way."

She looked at the gel covering Lexa's hands, "well, I haven't tested it completely, but the compound should be good all the way to 80 degrees Celsius.  Although, ultra violet radiation will break it down quicker, I think beach time is probably something that would work.  Not that the beaches of New Jersey would be all that fun this time of year.  Maybe a water part instead?"

Satisfied that she hadn't made her friend uncomfortable, "oh?  Are you going to study art here?  Do you draw a lot?"

"I have caused many a water park fiasco...girls seem to stampede me..." Jack said with a grin. "I have no idea why..." His smiled widened.

He looked to Alexa. "Da, I dabble a little bit...would you like a picture?" He looked around to see if he could find a pad of paper.

Rev

"Huh...well, I guess I could always put on sun factor six billion" answered Rev, feeling a little lame. She wasn't sensitive about much, but her appearance could get to her. She didn't enjoy feeling sorry for herself, not considering she could fly. And she was thankful she still had a face rather than a cyborg frankenstein look. But it was an issue...one that she couldn't quite shake. 

So, on that note, she shook her head at Jack's offer. "No picture for me. Not right now. I'm sorry, I mean, I appreciate it and all. And it would probably be therapeutic or something like that. But I'm just not ready for that yet" she said, a little irritated at herself. 

"Give me a ten hour make over, maybe!" she said, trying to infuse the issue with a little light. 

Jack cocked his head a lil bit, not understanding. "Do not fear, I apologize if I over stepped in some way. But I must say if you ever decide to have picture drawn you will look most beautiful." He flashed her a charming smile.

He dropped the subject, not wanting to offend the girl any further. "So...anything fun to do around here...?" He asked to change the subject.

Zhu squeezed Rev's knee and went with the flow.  She had a pretty good idea on what Lexa's insecurities were by now, or at least she thought she did.  She also knew that Lexa was a positive person and tended to push through her discomforts.

"Well... there's lots of things, although I should get you back to your mother.  I'm sure she's done talking to the headmistress by now.  However, if you're up for it, we could do something like bowling tonight?"  She looked between the two of them questioningly.  "It's something that I've watched on TV and looked like it would be fun.  I think there's one..." there was a hitch in her voice as her computer screen flared into life and web pages flickered across the screen nearly faster than the eye could track.  "...just a couple miles away.  I think it would be fun."

Rev

Rev gave a cunning smile. "Bowling huh? Sure...."

She had been pretty good at bowling before. Not great, but certainly one of the first to be picked for a team. She hadn't bowled since. 

But...with cyborg steel for arms. That would be interesting! She could throw very hard. 

Now she thought about it, she could simply extend her arms to pins, and give them a little nudge with her bowling ball. 

No! too obvious!!!!

"I'm game for that. Might be too good for you guys, though!" she added, with a wink. 

Zhu shrugged happily, "well that's okay.  I think it would be fun to try.  Also... I've heard that you can get nachos there."  She grinned sheepishly, "they're so American, and I haven't had a chance to get any of them yet.  So yes, even if I loose, I want to go!"

She looked over to Jack, "will you be here tonight?  You'll join us?"

"Da lil'one but of course I will join you. I will probably have to get bags packed to move in but that won't take long."

Jack had never been bowling, but it sounded like fun. And a night on the town with lovely ladies was never something he turned down.