All That Glitters (OOC)

Kaige

This is Osla's stomping grounds, and she's trying to come off a night of Batmanning.

She's listening in to the conversation from a hundred yards away, using Extended Hearing 1 and Concealment (vision and scent) to stay a safe distance and invisible. She's also rolling Stealth to cover the auditory component of being sneaky. Batmanning in broad daylight is just a pain. 

Being very, very sneaky: 1d20+15 21, plus about 300' of Notice penalties.

Hmm. Uh, I think we should probably do what we need to do, then make ourselves scarce before the cops show up and see a black woman at a crime scene in Stark Hill (because what could possibly go wrong with that situation).

I'm assuming the store has a backroom of some sort, Kaige - if not, let me know and I'll edit the post! Also be sure to let me know of any skill checks I should be making.

I will throw in a Notice check here, because it seems suitable. Justicar's Notice check: 1d20+5 13

Sorry to take so long to get back on this. School started, pushed my head underwater, and held it there a while.

Justiciar smells, oddly enough, a strong scent of chocolate. There is no air freshener or any other apparent source of the smell.

Luthor easily breaks open the door, which is not particularly secure. There is no back exit to the store, though; only the front doors.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone was going to figure out that it was the chocolate golems from the Pits of Diabeetus, it was Osla with that Theology check. Alas, it failed. You'll be in the dark until it's too late.

Arrowhawk notices that some of the men have left their sleeves a bit rolled up, and their arms are heavily tattooed. When she points this out, Justiciar recognizes the tattoos as typical among skinhead motorcycle gangs - though if she's seeing the tattoos right, the men are not members of the Brotherhood, the only motorcycle gang with Mafia permission to operate in Bedlam. Osla also spots a reflection of the side of the opposite side of the van in the van's side mirror. It's been partly painted over, but she can make out the letters SNAC. Linking the letters with the smell, Stronghold remembers that the Snacktastic Candy Company recently shut down one of its last factories on Industrial Drive - and it's not unreasonable to guess that they left some of the older vans in the parking lot while they figure out how to sell the place and its associated equipment.

• 2 weeks later...