Jump to content
EternalPhoenix

Stardust Soldiers OOC

Recommended Posts

This is the OOC. Feel free to ask me quite literally anything about the thread, especially if it doesn't make sense. I've likely missed something.

 

As for the airport...it's the airport. Nothing special there. If you want to name Rivera's team members, you go for it. She has five, when normally she'd have a bit more than that. She's PL6, and her team is PL5. Brigitte's Stealth check with Skill Mastery means both Mark and Nina would have to roll 20s to spot her, if either knew she was there to begin with. The plan is, as discussed in chat, for Nina to intervene at the last second and prevent the assassination. My second post will have Ms. Zhang's arrival and Brigitte pulling the trigger. And then things'll get rolling properly.

Edited by EternalPhoenix

Share this post


Link to post

Wanna see if either can spot her now? Brigitte is moving at more than half her speed, so the Notice DC has dropped to 20. Her backpack arsenal is a Subtle 2 Device, so neither one of them can spot that it's full of weapons and not other stuff.

Share this post


Link to post

That's a Blast 6, Explosion Area. Obviously Triggered. The pillar, being made of stone, is no longer holding up it's section of the ceiling. The ceiling's made of some tougher stuff, I'd imagine, but it's still damaged and could fall at any second.

Share this post


Link to post

Aw, you might've actually grabbed onto her. Don't give up so easily. Though...I think you can use Escape Artist, maybe? In that case, no. No chance at all. Grappling rules are hard.

 

Sweet edit: Ah, the point. It is moot.

 

 http://orokos.com/roll/357707

 

Rolled an 18 for a 19 result. Shrinking will do that. Anyway, the following is an Obscure Visual and Olfactory Senses 5 with Independent and one rank of Slow Fade. If you're willing to roll to find the canister, you can move the effect. Concealment rules will apply to actually touching it, though.

 

Sweet edit 2: Nah, you can RP that if you like. It's not like it went far. She just dropped it in front of Nina. Still can't see, though.

Edited by EternalPhoenix

Share this post


Link to post

I know that's a bit of a long monologue, so please interject with appropriate questions, comments, or concerns as you see fit.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, Edge would be going into Initiative at about the same time he steps out the door. And Monsoon could Notice, Search, and/or Investigate.

Share this post


Link to post

http://orokos.com/roll/417414 The blue haired girl gets a 14.

 

http://orokos.com/roll/417415 Brigitte gets more, a 23.

 

Monsoon Notices that the window is broken from the outside, but not by blaster fire which would have burned its way in. A small hole is opposite the window, deep into the wall. Below it is where the bloodstains start. There are moist footsteps just inside the window, and they are too small to match al-Rabadi's feet. In fact, the inside of the window frame is entirely too moist, considering it isn't a rainy day.

 

Would you like to start combat before you post again?

Share this post


Link to post

All right then. The very first thing Edge needs to do is make a save against Extreme Cold. It's just DC 10, so if you'd like to skip it I don't mind. Failing means Edge would lose a point of Con and become fatigued for the rest of the day.

 

Brigitte is first. She is in Stealth, and at this stage Edge (but not Monsoon, if she was there) simply can't spot her no matter what he rolls. So he's Flat Footed against her and her alone. Sniper Rifle (Blast 5, Subtle 2) time, but non-lethal. http://orokos.com/roll/420292 That's a 31. So...yeah. That's a hit for a DC 20 Toughness check.

 

Next is the blue haired girl. She takes a move action to get inside minimum range, and fires off an bitterly cold arrow. (Blast 8, alternate save Fort). http://orokos.com/roll/420293 That's a 23, so a hit. DC 18 Fort save.

Share this post


Link to post

Die rolls for Edge: 

 

Extreme cold save: 25

Toughness save vs 20: 20

Fort save vs. 23: 28

 

Mark puts up his invisible Force Field and drops his Selective Area Damage on the lady he can see - the one with the ice arrow. That's a DC 25 Reflex save to avoid or half a DC 30 Toughness save. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

http://orokos.com/roll/422295 And of course she rolls a 1. How about no? Edge doesn't necessarily need any more HP, but ones are unacceptable.

 

http://orokos.com/roll/422296 There we go, a 12. Not enough, but better. Time for that insane toughness save.

 

http://orokos.com/roll/422297 17 total. Short by 13, which means Staggered and Dazed.

 

Brigitte will take two move actions, the first of which takes her out of line of sight. Blue hair there can't do anything. Got any ideas on what clobbered the poor girl? It says (any accident) so I thought I'd give your sense of whimsy first crack.

 

The List

 

Brigitte-Uninjured, Full Concealment-Enemy

Blue haired girl-Staggered and Dazed-Enemy

Edge-Uninjured-9 HP

Edited by EternalPhoenix

Share this post


Link to post

Zara shifts to Unfriendly from Hostile. Brigitte makes it outside with a move action, retrieves her bicycle, and uses a second move action to make her way towards the two on it. Stealth's a little impossible at this point, but at this point Edge would have no reason to suspect a random child coming close to take a peek.

 

Right now, rollin's for jabronis. So I'll just play the odds and say Monsoon's bluff is effective, but in a limited fashion due to the fact that she's pressing her sword against a Created Object (with Independent and Total Fade) and not the actual girl. There is an Illusion (visual senses) effect active in the area as well. If you think she has reason to suspect such a thing after my post, she could roll to shake off the entire thing. Will save, DC of 18.

Share this post


Link to post

He is the man with the genie powers. Monsoon I'd be like, that makes zero sense given her powers. But Edge? He's magic. Won't be exact, of course, but he should get this gist of it.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...