Birth Trauma OOC

Supercape

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to assist with the surgery!

Its a complex operation, DC 30. 

Fortunately, Doctor Sparks gets a +5 Situational bonus on that roll, because that is his speciality and he designed the whole thing. He also has a +2 Bonus from masterwork medical equipment. His base bonus is +16 (WIS 14, 14 Ranks of skill, a world expert!) so he gets a total bonus of +23. 

Will he make it?

If you want to assist, the standard aid rules apply!

So as you bank around a bend in the sewers, Hannah fires of a perception range attack:

DC 14 Fort Save vs a Paralyse effect. 

Endeavour, being a smart cookie and seeing the inside of Hannahs brain (literally), can take an educated guess. Hannah has a cybernetic datalink in her brain, allowing her to remote operate computers (handy for someone who cant type well). She is using an aggressive version of this to project into Endeavours brain. 

Here is some info on Saku's mom and dad.

Mikoto Hino, 40, Mother

Short black hair, brown eyes, prefers overalls and things quickly cleaned. Wears a sailor collared jumpsuit on the yacht, with a life preserver when on deck. Will most likely be on the yacht when Sakurako arrived.

Former "Ensign Minneapolis", always busy with some new invention, encourages Sakurako to think for herself. Lets Sakurako make mistakes to learn from them. She is kind, but also firm on the family's rules. Also a bit of a worry wart towards her Daughter who is getting into the hero business.

Hikaru Hino, 45, Father

Dark blue hair, blue eyes, wears business suits, prefers tshirts and blue jeans when casual.

Former battlesuit hero "Tetsuryu", consummate businessman, too busy with his corporation for his inventing. Almost always out on business. When he is around he always tries to spend as much time as he can with Sakurako - generally meaning away from the workshop and actually going out. Sometimes is guilty over not being there for Sakurako.

Edited by The Osprey

Endevour - 2 HP - Unharmed!

Then, Microbot will sneak up on y'all

This time, however, it knows your immunity! Activate its AP - Basically a energy blast (non lethal). Fires at E: 1d20+5 23 is a hit so a Toughness 20 Save for Endeavour. It was firing at a range of 100', which gave it a -2 attack penalty (but as you are flat footed / surprised, still an relatively easy hit). 

Initiative rolls!

Initiative: 1d20 1...

Initiative: 1d20 2 - Well I am just one higher on the initiative count.

Toughness vs DC23: 1d20+7 13 - Hero pointing this. Stunned before my first swing isn't good.

Toughness vs DC23 (after Hero Point): 1d20+7 16 - Rolled a 9, so this is actually 19.

Failed Toughness by 1, Bruised
Initiative: 2

1 Hero Point Left

Note I made a mistake, I thought the DC was 23, not 20...

Edited by The Osprey

Now my attack... Sakurako will close to 70 feet to engage within increment. It's pretty much a Rank 7 Blast so I wager it's 70 feet.

Electric Discharge Mode (Electrical Control), Ranged, DC22 Toughness, Damage (Electricity)

Attacking the drone...: 1d20+7 16 - Will probably miss this first shot...

Free Action: Warn parents to get their head down...
Move Action: Fly to close to 70 feet, while 70 feet in the air.

Standard Action: Attack!

Ok so you may wish to use Knowledge (Civics) to weasel your way out of a search [DC 10] although you will still be impounded. A Knowledge [Civics] DC 20 roll (trained or ediectic memory/JOT) will frighten them off, as would either a bluff or a intimidate, but this is significantly more difficult (DC 25). 

Pretty obvious that Hannah has been hacking. you could counter this or enter cyberspace to fight her off, if you have access to a computer etc....