Thanks for the Cheers

Brown Dynamite

Dee gave a small shrug at Erick's question about whether her brother wanted the responsibility that fell on him as the eldest heir. "He has never really had much of a choice on the matter, but I do not think Edward minds the responsibility. Holding a seat on the House of Lords does not require the total devotion of one's time, so he has an opportunity to pursue some other interests as well."

When Erick asked about any sleeping arrangement preferences, the young Englishwoman shot him a sly smile. "What makes you think I plan on sleeping much?"

"Don't you know?  I can see the future.  And you're going to be worn out."  Erick winked, before letting Dee choose which waterfront view she wanted. The manor was closer to a villa than mansion.

High above the Tremont Hotel in Midtown, Erick and Dee had found themselves in the Starlight Room.  The revolving restaurant with the best view of Freedom City's skyline bar none.  Their meals having made to order were dropped off by their waitress.  A pianist was setting the ambiance in the background for the various patrons.  A relaxing atmosphere all around.

Dressed to the nines in his formal attire Erick, whom had yet to start on his lobster bisque, spoke out to Dee.  Or rather thought thought out to Dee.  You know, I was originally going to get a gliding inlay in my suit.  Like a personal flightsuit.  Just so i could try flying off this place.  Lainey refused to buy it.  So, I was stuck with the grapnel gun.

The chuckle that followed on his end was actually auditory.

• 2 weeks later...

Dee had changed into a short, sleeveless black dress for dinner, one that was nice enough to at least fit in in the Starlight Room, even if it did attract a few looks, but also one that would not look very out of place out at a club later. For her, it was about as "dressed up" as she ever got these days.

The Englishwoman had to admit that the view from the revolving restaurant was indeed stunning. She was gazing out at a section of the Freedom City skyline that had just come into view as Erick made his mental comment about having wanted to have glider vanes built into his costume.

Hmm, that is too bad. That could have been quite a rush indeed. She mentally replied as wide smile came to her face and she looked back over at Erick.

"Well, I cannot deny it, this place is rather breathtaking." She started out loud.

"That it is."  This time Erick was staring at Dee.  Winking after he finished speaking to sell the flirting.  Picking up his glass afterwards to help the waiter who would walk by in a few seconds refill his beverage.  As Erick knew would happen.  I'll never get fully used to this two conversations at once thing.  What's it like to process information like so.

At the same time as his mental conversation, his lips were moving to ask her another question.  Using his free hand to hold a fork poking the lobster bisque ever so slightly in preparation  "So, tell me about the view back home.  Anywhere that knocks my breath away.  Aside from the obvious."  Once again referencing his earlier view reference.

He knew the touristy parts of the UK.  Or at least the commonly thought of touristy parts.  His version was of course the crime ridden areas.  To wit, he was lacking a bit of information on.

• 4 weeks later...

<I have something of an advantage. My mind operates far quicker than average.> Dee replied mentally to Erik's question. <Although there was a short period of getting used to it. A large part of that was learning not to always reach into another's mind.>

At the question asked aloud, the young Englishwoman picked up her wine glass and took a sip as she took another moment to look back out at the skyline that was slowly passing by. "Well, although I have come to detest my family's estate in Dorset, I still have happy memories of the grounds around it. The countryside in the area can be quite breathtaking in places as well."

Edited by Thevshi

"That's in the West Country right?  I don't really do much travel to the Southwestern UK.  I might see fit to changing that sometime.  I think there's a gymnast in Knowles West I was looking to approach for a business proposition."  Erick stated holding his wine glass near his lips and going through the motions as if he were drinking it.  A careful eye may have been able to note that the contents of the glass had in fact not decreased at all.

<"I can't imagine how tough that must have been.  I didn't have to deal with powers early on.  Well okay working theory right now is latent mutation that activated with a transfusion acting as an outside catalyst, so maybe they were semi there.  But, I certainly didn't have to deal with it as a kid.  The faster mind must have made homework a breeze though.  Actually, I'm just assuming here.  Never asked what age the whole powers thing started.">