Jinn and Tonic

Supercape

So geckoman is moving all out. Thats enough to keep up with a car going through traffic...but....it does have to weave through traffic!

So, Geckoman can move all out for 18 rounds. How long can Tonic Drive the Car through the traffic? Its not rush hour suburbs, and pavements are legitimate for a man of his kind...but still...

I am going to say it is twenty rounds to the MONORAIL stop (his destination). 

Each round he has to make a DC 5 Drive Check or face a DC 25 Toughness check to the car from a collision / bump. A natural 1 means a full on crash. Unfortunately, his Drive Check is not massive: a huge +1. Lets see how he does...

1d20+1=3, 1d20+1=16, 1d20+1=8, 1d20+1=6, 1d20+1=17, 1d20+1=6, 1d20+1=4, 1d20+1=3, 1d20+1=17, 1d20+1=8, 1d20+1=6, 1d20+1=8, 1d20+1=5, 1d20+1=19, 1d20+1=15, 1d20+1=14, 1d20+1=14, 1d20+1=16, 1d20+1=11, 1d20+1=5

He takes a crash at round 1, 7 and 8. His Car is a regular Mid sized car with Toughness 9

1d20+9=18, 1d20+9=28, 1d20+9=12 First crash an injury, Second Crash Nothing, a third crash (with a -1 penalty) is a wrecking of car (at round 8). 

So Geckoman has kept pace and is 8 rounds into all out running. 

At this point Tonic exits said car. You catch up with him and have initiative!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing with improved throw you are making him use his DEX, as he is clearly strong?

1d20+1=12 so he is down. 

Now, Trip is pretty awesomely bad (A Standard action to make someone trip and...take a move action to stand up). As this was a cool, thing, lets go with that tactic allowing Geckoman to close the distance again...

Geckoman is up (but will need a move action to reach the downed Tonic)

Welp, can't let him get hit by the train. (I hate you :P )

Move action: Close the distance

Standard Action: Power Attack for 5 to grapple him. To hit, and then to grapple (1d20+11=29, 1d20+28=42) Yay, good rolls

Free Action: Invoke Extraordinary Effort, for a surge and for a +2 rank on Leaping.

Right, now for the fun. Geckoman can lift 200 as a medium load, and 300 as a heavy load. I'm willing to guess the big burly doctor is in the heavy benchmark, so Chris has a -6 penalty on all actions, and moves at 2/3 speed. He needs to leap well enough, with those penalties, to get atop the moving train. He also needs to make the opposed check to move the Doc. Sheesh.

Strength check (1d20+4=9) That's crud, so he'll spend a Hero Point rerolling. And the re-roll (1d20+4=22)

Alright, now hopefully that works, so he can use the Move Action from the Surge to jump. From a standing start, he halves his results. So, he can do a 14' jump pre-modifiers. Acrobatics check to jump (1d20+9=17) Acrobatics only makes that up to 16'. Leaping 3, however, makes that 180', halved to a 90' leap. The heavy load makes this only 60', which is also 30' vertically.

Hopefully this lands them on the train and not dead under its tracks. Either way, Chris has 3 HP and is Exhausted next round.

Incorrect!

Geckoman is at 4 HP and exhausted, because he is so heroic. 

So I am just going to go with that as it is too awesome to even contemplate going against, especially as your rolls were good. His Grapple Bonus is +23 by the way!

So, on the train, Tonic will try to break free of your grapple...1d20+23=32 so lets see if Geckoman can resist that. 

Also, you now know why he is called Dr Tonic...Fort 20 Save vs Paralyse...a "Tonic" seizure!

Roll to resist grapple (1d20+23=28) Eh, let him go.

DC20 Fort save vs Paralyze (1d20+9=27) Maybe don't try to deploy paralysis against the guy whose superpowers you think will cure it, Doc. Hahahahahaha.

OK. Now, start of the round, Geckoman's Exhausted status kicks in. So he will drop to 3HP, because I'll buy it off to Fatigued. The Extraordinary Effort game mechanic is over, but the effort goes on *shakes fist*

Move Action Acrobatic Bluff. Using Skill Mastery, even with the -2 Dex penalty, and taking -5 to do it as a move action, he's got a 19 to do it. He'll Sustain Wall-Crawling to keep hold on the train also.

Standard Action Kick the asshole, All-out Attacking for 2, and Power Attacking for 4. Roll to hit. DC 22, or 24 if the feint was successful due to Sneak Attack (1d20+13=25)

Right, for simplicity, since a lot of modifiers are in play:

Geckoman - 3 HP, Fatigued

[strength 16, Dex 26, Defence +14 (+3 flat-footed)]. Defence is down to +12 due to All-out Attack

That does indeed hit.

1d20+12=14 Bam! Fail by 11, so Staggered and Dazed.

Also: Knockback! Its a damage 9 Power, and KB is -6, so thats five feet. But still enough to send him off the Monorail, and suffer another damage 8 effect (KB 3, +5 from, you know, falling off a moving train)

1d20+12=23 which he completely survives!

This means Geckoman is up, Geckoman 3 HP Fatigued

He is also 20 feet up on a monorail train and as the train is moving, say 40kph, we shall go for now being 400' away!

Also, Tonic has a Paralyse 10 Continuous Aura (fort save) so Gecks has another Fort 10 Save to make as he touched him. Ill give you a +2 bonus for using your feet and changing from hand (as a one off clever thing!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok...so...erm...shooting out tires...um...yes...I am sure there are good rules for that. 

But lets go with some on the fly rules! :)

So lets say its a base defence of 10. Tires are probably Size Tiny (1-2 feet tall?). Also moving so I will throw in +2 Defence for that. Shall we say a net Defence of 14 (IE DC 14 to hit with ranged). 

As for damage, lets say any hit will blow out a tyre (or two, depending on your narration. Both will have the same effect). 

So for reference:

Geckoman - 3 HP - Exhausted

Driving an Ambulance with shot out wheels? DC 15 to stop crashing, DC 20 to drive at all, DC 25 to steer too!

But his Drive skill is only +1!

1d20+1=6 Kaboom, the Ambulance makes a dramatic tumbling Roll straight into the hospital. 

Tonis takes an arbitary DC 25 Toughness Effect from the magnificent crash. 

1d20+12=29 which he makes

Dr Tonic - Staggered