Contemplating New PCs

N/A

I have a Gold Status reward coming up in less than a dozen points, plus the new PL10 slot we're all getting.  I'm contemplating a few different options for my next two characters, and I'd welcome input:

• A stretchy guy (probably a cocky one, like if Johnny Storm had gotten Mr. Fantastic's powers instead of fire control, a Spider-Man type)
  • A Nacht-Krieger style living shadow, possibly as an Alternate Form, with elements of both The Slender Man and Dracula (going for maximum creepy heroics)
  • A lightsaber-wielding, psionic shapeshifter, like a Grue or the Martian Manhunter (I had a version of this for a short while; he's currently archived)
  • A lightsaber-wielding, psionic cyborg (cloned brain in a machine body, like a mashup of Terminator, Robocop, and a Jedi; this one would let me use the Skeets-style sidekick robot I came up with for my previous Heroic Terminator build)

I strongly argue for the stretchy guy. It's a simple, classic kind of character that we could really use more of. As it is, Jack of all Blades is still pretty much the only especially-active jokester, and he's matured pretty far out of the 'irreverent up-and-comer' archetype he once all but cornered. Geckoman is the only other PC in that space, and he too has gotten a LOT less crazy than he used to be. Point being, we have about 25 or so straight-laced sorts(they could field half a Legion lineup!), a few more lighter-hearted sorts, and two calming jokesters. The snarky new guy is not a vital niche, but it IS a necessary one.

Somebody combining that with real excess confidence and the crazy, bizarre descriptors that come into play once a character's body starts whipping and bending would have PC that's both distinct, useful, and enjoyable to read and write.

Of course, changing a few words of that last paragraph to fit the other three concepts wouldn't make it false, but for reals the site could use a stretchy guy.