SpicyWaffle's Adventure Request Thread

Basically what it says right there on the tin. I'm looking to try and do some GM'ing myself, and though I'll likely throw my own ideas in here from time to time, I figured this would be a better idea -- a chance to really collaborate, and build plots as a team. I'm no whiz when it comes to mechanics, but I'm willing to try and run them for you. Yes, you! Right there behind the monitor!

So. Have an idea for a thread, one-shot, or full-blown adventure? Let's hash it out and build the story together, then put it through the wringer.

I have an idea for a thread where Orion and Blue Jay et into a knd of competition -- maybe Orion marks out targets and Jay has to protect them?

Having hashed some of this out in chat, just gonna plop this here as a reminder for myself:

• Similar to the above, Orion the Hunter is targeting a group of individuals, and Blue Jay must find the link between them, save them, and stop Orion's hunt before he carves em' up like a bunch of Christmas geese.
  • Should earnestly play up the competitive aspect of the two; possibly lead into a sequel between Orion and Blue Jay in a later thread when/if things become more personal.
Edited by SpicyWaffle

If there's detective work to be done, I'd like to offer Nevermore up for the plot even if he's a bit behind, PL-wise.

As far as more generally, I recall we did a few threads with BK3 and some of my other characters, SW, and all of those threads ended up being Robo-BK3, the dastardly fiend!

Thus, I think it'd be fun to try doing something with that...Maybe with Cobalt Templar, since they should be pretty close in PL. I think they fought a bunch of ninjas in a mall...

If there's detective work to be done, I'd like to offer Nevermore up for the plot even if he's a bit behind, PL-wise.

As far as more generally, I recall we did a few threads with BK3 and some of my other characters, SW, and all of those threads ended up being Robo-BK3, the dastardly fiend!

Thus, I think it'd be fun to try doing something with that...Maybe with Cobalt Templar, since they should be pretty close in PL. I think they fought a bunch of ninjas in a mall...

The ninja-mall-shenanigans were the last time Robo!Bee-Keeper and Cobalt Templar teamed up, yeah. Officially, I don't believe they ever met. So, hey, maybe now'd be a solid time for a new team-up thread! What's Corbin's general patrol route? Does he single-out any particular type of crime? Perhaps a good ol' beat-em-up is in order. Hmm.

I approve of this thread! Well done Spicy, GMing is the lifeblood of this site and the most valuable contribution.

Ill bat some ideas around for my PCs if you would like and depending on what flavour you are interested in.

You let me know, boss!

Spicy - my inclination is this: The details can be hammered out easy enough, but a lot depends on what your preference is in terms of style for a RPG (I called this "agenda"). If you fancy taking on Pitch (and GMing Tazel), you could do a story heavy melodrama, something heavy heavy about gangs, friendships, relationships. Sunset could do a thread about a brain echo (like echoing somebody who dies, and having the voice in her head guide through the complexities of what happened and their living relationships). Long term or short term plans could be made. 

But underneath, I think it has to be something you would enjoy GMing. both for kickers and other more regular threads, but I tend to know my agenda - story heavy, conflict heavy, but not a tactical combat affair. 

So in essence, flavour first, details later :)

@Raveled/KnightDisciple: It's come to my attention that canon NPCs -- in this case, Orion -- are strictly a Ref-oriented deal, locked in at Tier 3. In hindsight, I should have figured that and it makes sense why they are, but this also makes things... problematic, to say the least. The closest fill-in for Orion would likely be >Caliber, though I suspect that's not quite the style I'd like to shoot for or that we'd discussed beforehand, what with the whole badass normal vs. badass normal stuff. Alternatively, if your heart's set on something like this, then maybe someone inspired by Orion could fit the bill. Someone who, in some weird way, idolized him for being the pinnacle of his craft; a great hunter. Maybe someone younger who thinks they can replace the aging villain, or someone who just believes they're outright better than he could ever be. Just some thoughts, really, and if you've got some of your own to share, then fire away :)

@SuperCape: First, thanks oodles for the support! And secondly, yeah, maybe some more fleshing out in that regard is in order. As for style, I'm a very Silver Age-y kinda guy; sometimes things aren't always clear cut, and sometimes they're goofy, but at the end of the day it generally ends on a positive note. Maybe not total closure, but enough to go "we did good work here." But, hey, I'm trying to be flexible. As someone who doesn't do a lot of GMing save for pre-published modules and the like, getting away from my comic-oriented comfort zone might be fun, so I'm totes willing to give it a shot at the least if I can find something to latch on to.

Anyway! I've been reading up on your characters, and, honestly, I'm not even sure where to start. That's not a bad thing, I think, just not something I'm terribly familiar with. Occult shenanigans, split-persona mind-readers, bohemian mystics... that's quite the menagerie! I'd really need to sit and ponder something glorious for these folks; something that really fills their niche, so to speak.

@Aoiroo: This. This I can handle. If you're set on something combat-esque and we can rustle up another PC -- maybe another Claremonter, perhaps? -- then I'm totally up for cobbling together some sort of plot to put Georgia through her paces :D

"Tier 3" NPCs are for use by Moderators or with direct Moderator permission only (all canon named NPCs from the books are Tier 3 by default).

You can still run Orion, you just need permission from the refs.

Edited by Raveled

@Aoiroo: This. This I can handle. If you're set on something combat-esque and we can rustle up another PC -- maybe another Claremonter, perhaps? -- then I'm totally up for cobbling together some sort of plot to put Georgia through her paces :D

Oh certainly, Georgia would be uncomfortable with MOST fights, but feel free to challenge her, she's only PL7.

I should be caught up this weekend and be able to start something new, so I game if you'll have me SW.

You betcha! If you have something in particular in-mind, feel free to hock an idea my way and we'll see what we can throw together :)

I'm up for Amelyth happening across mall ninjas, she needs to encounter other heroes more!

I'm actually doing some serious debating on the ninja front, but I'm still crunching the numbers. Always appreciate more interest though! On another note, hey, if you're interested, maybe you'd like to have Amelyth team up with Aoiroo's character G-Force? With both of your characters of the Claremont variety, we could totes whip something up. 'Roo's looking for something to get Georgia's feet wet in that department, so if you're up for something like that, lemme know!

Edited by SpicyWaffle

I'm actually doing some serious debating on the ninja front, but I'm still crunching the numbers. Always appreciate more interest though! On another note, hey, if you're interested, maybe you'd like to have Amelyth team up with Aoiroo's character G-Force? With both of your characters of the Claremont variety, we could totes whip something up. 'Roo's looking for something to get Georgia's feet wet in that department, so if you're up for something like that, lemme know!

Sounds great as well!