Stopwatch 3: Collapse

Supercape

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After discussion with Vahn, who is to put the Stopwatch in his internal chamber with the essence of time, we have agreed the following effects:

1. Functions as an internal chamber feature (-1 HP, which he doesn't have...but...)

2. He suffers a paralyse DC 10 effect from the scrambling of time on his system (1 HP back)

3. Vahn is choosing to auto fail the first roll, thus gaining 1 HP more (total 1 HP) and suffer the paralysed result. 

and...

4. Whilst the STopwatch is inside him, he is temporally supercharged, gaining +4 ranks to all time powers, but whenever he uses these powers, he automatically gains 1 injured status from the damage this supercharging causes. 

Post away, Vahn!

Move Action: fly towards Velocity, putting Hronos in the middle between her and the dinosaur, presumably, 500 ft away from both.

Free Action: Power Stunt Feature (Internal Compartment) off of Feature (Temporal Inertia)

Move Action: Secure the Stopwatch inside the compartment. Get Paralyzed.

T Rex just bounding towards Hronos at full speed. 

Round 7:

66 - Velocity - 2 HP - Fatigued
51 - Anomaly - Injured x3
23 - John S - Bruised, Staggered - 1000' away, in jungle
22 - Hronos - 1 HP - in Jungle, Palralysed (DC 20 Will), 500' from Velicty and Anomaly
9 - T Rex - Unharmed

Notes: Cold, Distracting (DC 5) Environment. 

Velocity is up!

T - Rex is up!

It will move all out to get closer to Hronos / Anomaly. Its speed is 120 feet moving all out. Its getting a little vague here in the virtual D&D square minatures map...let us use comic book geography and time - i.e. 400 feet from the paralysed Stopwatch / Hronos. 

Onto next round - but here is the thing - the breach into the Null Zone is causing more problems! Storms, cold weather and now low gravity!

We now have DC 10 Distraction (from the storms), Arctic conditions (Fort save every minute), and Low gravity (multitude of effects including +5 base speed, -2 attack rolls)

Note you can get low gravity adaptation feat (by spending an HP). The anomaly, being used to all sorts of weirdness, is unaffected (either positively or negatively). 

Round 8:

23 - John S - Bruised, Staggered - 1000' away, in jungle
22 - Hronos - 1 HP - in Jungle, Palralysed (DC 20 Will), 500' from Velicty and Anomaly
9 - T Rex - Unharmed

After discussion with Thev, I am exercising common sense over rule technicality. I dont think rain and storm should shut down super speed here. For many, or most other sustained powers (like force field or telekenesis), I can understand. But running really fast? I have a hard time there. 

So we are ruling that speed here is immune to environmental distraction in this case. 

Also, it stops Velocity being a spare lemon!

EDIT: NEED WILL SAVE FROM HRONOS (DC 18) to escape paralysis before Round 9!

So back to Velocity!

Round 9:

23 - John S - Bruised, Staggered - 1000' away, in jungle freezing to death. 
22 - Hronos - 1 HP - in Jungle, Palralysed (DC 20 Will)
9 - T Rex - Unharmed, 800' away from the Stopwatch. 

Notes: Environment is severe cold, distracting DC 10, and low gravity (-2 to attack rolls plus other effects)
Which means (thanks Vahn), as Hronos is dazed (which wears off), we are now...

Round 9:

23 - John S - Bruised, Staggered - 1000' away, in jungle freezing to death. 
22 - Hronos - Injured - in Jungle
9 - T Rex - Unharmed, 800' away from the Stopwatch/Hronos. 

Conditions: Extreme Cold, DIstraction DC 10 (Storms), and Low Gravity (-2 to attack roll alongside other effects)

Well, luckily being dazed still gives him his dodge bonus and such (and defensive roll).

Anyway, for my IC post, I figured that is Velocity making a move action (well, less than her full move action really ;) ) with either another move action or standard action to pick up Smith (by way of move-by action) and then hand him off to Robert (free? maybe?) and then moving on again.

Sure thing. And a hero point for saving Johns life all heroic like. 

Anomaly responding with wrapping up Hronos in another aura of damage. This time, however, it needs to make an attack roll. 

1d20+20=24 is a hit, so another DC 20 Toughness roll (Defensive roll now works!)

Ill post regarding that and John and Robert (who will now sort of be out of combat). 

Which means Hronos is up!