Automated Withdrawal (OOC)

Elegy

I'm going to go ahead and move the action forward a bit; Azuth, feel free to drop in however and whenever is convenient.

Initiative for Gloaming: 28.

Initiative for the objects within: 12.

Initiative Order So Far:

Foreshadow

Gloaming / Amelyth

Silver Spider

Animated Objects

EDIT: After spending a long time not finding an uncopyrighted map I like, I decided to make one myself.

PLBVGX8.jpg

Each PC is marked with a colored letter (A for Amelyth, G for Gloaming, C for Comrade Frost, and F for Foreshadow). The attacking objects are pink (long, thin rectangles are strips of carpet; small circles are standing lamps; the square is a filing cabinet; the rectangles with ovals on the end are parking meters; the rectangle with black circles is a station wagon; the circles with two crossbars are ceiling fans.

The grey squares on the right are ATMs with oval black duffel bags in front of them. On the left are tables and chairs. A long counter with computers on it divides the public area from the employee area, which contains two offices and the vault with the safety deposit boxes. Blue Ps are people / civilians, currently unconscious. Hopefully this will help with combat logistics!

EDIT: Updated map to show Silver Spider's position (the white S).

Edited by Elegy

No worries, AA! Guess he's not staying frosty, har har. That puts our friend Foreshadow up first!

Amelyth and Gloaming are tied, but to save time I'm just going to have Gloaming opt to go after her.

Initiative Order: 

Foreshadow

Amelyth

Gloaming

Silver Spider

Animated Objects

Comrade Frost

Edited by Elegy

So I forgot I was at the top of the initiative.  My bad let me amend that by rolling.  Pulling out his Escrima Sticks, with which Foreshadow tries and twap a rug getting a 26 on the attack roll that if it hits would prompt a DC 21* toughness save on the rug.  DC 23 if sneak attack applies although fluff wise I doubt it would.  That's under the assumption a rug can even be dropped by being smacked.

Edited by HG Morrison

Sorry for the delay, was kind of getting settled in at my new house. Also staying up to crazy hours and the days kind of blended together.

Amelyth will Take 10 for a total of 18 and try to slash a rug with her Dragon Claws, prompting a DC 27 Toughness save if it hits.

Edited by ChrisClark13

An animated car, being a bulky hulk of metal, is not particularly agile, and Silver manages to gum up its workings before the flailing metal can mangle her. It seems to possess fairly serious strength just by merit of its bulk, though, and will probably break free next round to menace the heroine once more!

Gloaming reaches out with his telekinesis to grapple the filing cabinet bearing down on Comrade Frost (the cabinet fails the opposed check), then tosses it at one of the bags the ATMs are filling. He then turns and, as a free action, opens a portal next to Silver Spider and on top of the rug that Amelyth just shredded, offering Silver a way out of the line of fire of the attacking parking meters.

That leaves just Comrade Frost and our animated foes this round!

The car's bulk, combined with the entanglement, ensures that Comrade Frost's attack is a hit. The car fails its toughness save by more than ten, so it's disabled (though not entirely destroyed) and out of the fight, crashing back down onto all four wheels in whatever manner you would care to describe!

Ok, lots happening this round.

Amelyth is targeted by the surviving pair of rugs, which attempt to grapple her. Both of them, however, miss her. A chair also attempts to hit her, but that misses too.

Comrade Frost is attacked by a ceiling fan, but it misses him. The two parking meters open up on him with autofire. One misses. The other hits, necessitating a DC 19 Toughness save.

Foreshadow is attacked by a standing lamp, which hits him. He'll need to make a DC18 Toughness save. A rug hits and tries to trip him; he'd need to beat DC 15, but since he has that much Acrobatics already it's a foregone conclusion that he stays upright.

Gloaming is also attacked by a standing lamp, but it misses. One of the doors attempts to slam him, but that narrowly misses as well.

Silver Spider is attacked by a door, which attempts to grapple her but misses. A pair of ceiling fans also attack; the first misses, while the second... misses.

In order to make sure that everyone gets a chance to post while they can, and thus to keep the thread moving as much as possible, I've decided to abolish initiative order. Just go ahead and post whenever you're available! Once all the heroes have posted, I will update the animated objects' actions again.

Ok, what I hoped would cause everyone to start posting seems to have caused everyone to stop posting. That is unfortunate. I'll have Seth go, and put out one last plea: if you are online and have time to post, please do so, regardless of initiative order! We're getting very bogged down.

Gloaming will use extra effort to surge an extra move action and a hero point to throw off the normal fatigue. He will rescue the two civilians in the waiting area on the left.

Edited by Elegy