Another Day in the Big City. (IC)

TheAbsurdist

Asad looked down at the woman encased in metal and ice right now, and he glanced to Lady Winter, and then back down to the woman who had attacked then. "I am sorry, my friend tends to take missiles personally. I am certain you understand. I can convince her to play nicer, if you give me a name of who employed you." Asad was sounding his most reasonable, his most personable, he ever offered a small, sad little smile. It was times like these that one could appreciate having a friend like him, who could probably talk himself out of most trouble, or in this case play the good cop. Fortunately his powers did not enhance his speaking abilities, otherwise it would easily venture into the overkill category.

"Yes. They are very annoying." Lady Winter replied as she leaned down. The air was starting to grow much, much colder as the head of her Ice Hammer was placed just next to the mercenaries head. It easily dwarfed it in size. Dasha was hoping she would get the hint and start talking a lot faster than she was right now.

"Answer and you could go."

GM

The mercenary's eyes went as wide as saucers as she stared at the hammer, it's proximity to her face starting to turn the sheen of sweat on her brow to frost, her breath coming out in puffs. "I don't know who she is! Me... and my co-worker, someone put some money into our escrow accounts from a Cayman Island account, and arranged some dead-drop cellphones and told us the job. They even had someone to drop us in on you! We asked for a name, they called themself a huge fan of yours, and they just kind of rattled things off, they were nuts, okay! We didn't see a face, they used a voice modulator... please just, it wasn't worth the cash! I mean, I don't even know if my partner is okay... please... I gave you everything!" She was all but whimpering now.

"Quite." He agreed, flashing that winning smile to Lady Winter, and then he leaned down and smirked conspiratorially at the Mercenary. "I do apologize, but that isn't really enough for us to let you go. So it looks like you are going to have to go to jail. Or, my associate here will have to encase you in more ice. Regrettable but that is how it has to be." Slowly standing up then, and frowning a little bit as he looked around then, and then glancing to Lady Winter, "I am going to find the other guy. Hopefully that one is still nearby. I would not be surprised if you knocked him to Pittsburgh." And then he slowly rose up into the air, and flashed her a grin before he turned and headed toward the direction where the other had left.

• 2 weeks later...

Lady Winter shrugged. "I would honestly be surprised if he was. I did not think I could hit something that hard. I will keep an eye on her while you go searching." The Russian replied with a smile just before Asad began to rise and fly off in search of the errant mercenary. She honestly was surprised a single blast from her own hands could do that to a man. Or woman. Or it. Ugh. This is why I hate people in bulky armor. Its hard to tell who they actually are. She though with a frown as another layer of ice began to form on the woman.