Spanner in the Works (OOC)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allrighty.

1d20+12=13 :facepalm: No one shots! :argh:

Allright, I'm re-rolling that so you get that HP you expended back.

1d20+12=25 Much Better, He picks up a bruise....and with the knock-back gets punted through 1 and 1/2 shipping containers! No extra damage though. He has a hard head.

Initiative please!

Sabot Init = 1d20+2=19

Feel free to write a descriptive post, since you got the drop on him and the start of combat rounds is next.

• 2 weeks later...

Myr now can enter the fray, lets see where he'll act next round.

Init - 1d20+21=33

Okay, so it looks like this

33 Myr - Uninjured, 3 HP

24 Wisp - Dazed, 4 HP

19 Sabot - Bruised x1

Since Myr is up, He'll move into hovering overhead with his flight armor, and use his standard to expend a HP to activate leadership and remove dazed from Wisp. I''l get an IC post up shortly, and Wisp will be free to act.

Sabot uses his Fast Startle w/ Skill Mastery on Wisp, so I'll need a Sense Motive check on that. The DC is 28.

Then seeing as he can hit both Wisp and Myr with one of his powers, he will attempt to do so. 1d20+12=15

That doesn't hit Myr, but if it does hit Wisp I'll need her to roll a Reflex with a DC of 22 to beat.

1d20+14=22, yep, she's FF'ed. Glad she has Evasion 2, , and failed reflex... Is this his Dazzle or his "pincushion" attack with the area extra?

This is his Snare power. Since he could draw a line between Wisp and Myrmidon (even if he's flying) he could hit both of us at once since it is area shapeable. Ideally, his goal was to snare both characters and then focus on us one at a time. Since it doesn't inflict damage, evasion isn't much help. That's the bad news.

Good news is that Wisp didn't fail by 5+ so she is only entangled. (-2 attack and defense rolls, -4 dex, and she's anchored to the deck and can't move from that spot.) Honestly, I don't know how that works with teleport exactly, so I'll ask one of the refs to see if you can bust out that way.

Okay, so it looks like this

33 Myr - Uninjured, 2 HP

24 Wisp - Entangled, 4 HP

19 Sabot - Bruised x2

Myrs turn he forms his Nanoblade for his standard. Damage 5 (Extras: Penetrating 10 [DMG 20] +1; PFs: Improved Critical 2 [18-20], Improved Sunder, Mighty)

And then he attempts to Fast Tricks Sabot, goading him into attacking him as he's nearby an overhead shipping container held by a crane. Using his skill mastery That's DC 31 check total. 1d20+18=20. Failed. Sabot is unaware of the danger.

Sabot, seeing as he only has one viable target, advances and attacks Myrmidon.

1d20+12=28

Since that actually hits Myrmidon, the trick does not work. Myrmidon saving throw check.

1d20+10=29 vs. DC 27. Saved.

Next round!

33 Myr - Uninjured, 2 HP

24 Wisp - Uninjured, 4 HP

19 Sabot - Bruised x2

Myrmidon attempts to feint Sabot, using his Skill Mastery and Fast Tactical Feint. 1d20+18= 35 and fails. Sabot doesn't fall for it.

Myrmidon All-Out power attacks Sabot. 1d20+12=19 Swing and a miss.

Welp, thankfully for Wisp his uncanny dodge is visual based so that indeed does connect.

Sabot toughness check - 1d20+10=19 vs DC 32. That's a Bell ringer. He's Staggered and Stunned. Go ahead and post that hit, and I'll go ahead and do his turn and Myrs'.

His turn he's stunned, but now the soldiers start arriving. Next turn they'll be able to act. Soldier initative: 1d20+4=14

33 Myr - Uninjured, 2 HP

24 Wisp - Uninjured, 4 HP

19 Sabot - Bruised x2, Staggered

14 Soldiers x8 - Uninjured (minions)

Myr sees the soldiers coming (they're toting significantly heavier firepower than they had on the bridge) and decides they're a bit more important than Sabot. Power attacking and taking 10 makes it so auto-hit and they can't make the DC. They're gone. However, I need a notice check from Wisp.

Myrmidon notice check - Skill mastery, 20.

Sabot Notice check - 1d20+12=29

• 3 weeks later...