Spanner in the Works (OOC)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things about the current foe: I'm using the vehicular combat rules as mentioned in the house rules for FCPbP, which I will repost here for your convenience.

Vehicle Combat: As per the Masterminds Manual, a character operating a vehicle can take a move action to move the vehicle under its own power, and either a standard action to attack with any vehicle-mounted weapons, or a standard action for "evasive maneuvers," which replaces the vehicle's normal Defense (10 + vehicle's size modifier) with (the result of the operator's skill check + vehicle's size modifier) for 1 round.

The helicopter stats are: STR 35, Speed 5 (subtle) (250 mph/ 2,500 ft per move action), Defense 8, Toughness 12, Size: Huge - Powers: Concealment 4 (visual; blending -1) Concealment 4 (Auditory, Radio), Blast 6 "Machinegun" (Autofire, Improved Crit 1 [19-20]), Blast 8 "Rocket pods" (Autofire, Area: Shapeable; unreliable: 4 uses [now 3]), Blast 10 "Air-to-Air Missiles" (Area: Burst, Homing unreliable: 4 uses). Features: Disguised, Ejection Seats, Masterwork Controls (+2 Pilot Checks, no penalty for passengers), Disguised [Made of Non-metallics]

The pilot is using the Ace Pilot Archetype from Agents of Freedom, and when all said and done has a +15 to pilot checks and can take 10 on them. The gunner is the same navy SEAL archetype but has replaced any his improved crit (rifle) and attack specialization (rifle) with vehicular weapons instead of rifles. This will put him at +9 on attack rolls w/ vehicle weapons.

The current initiative is:

Helicopter (Pilot)

Helicopter (Gunner)

Myrmidon

Wisp

The pilot used a move to lift off and his standard for evasive maneuvers, which Wisp has triggered. the gunner shot at Myr with an AA missile, which missed and Myr then tried to evade and it followed with homing and then wisp took a shot with at the nearby heli with no range penalty. (It's around 80 feet away currently). Since the pilot is alert and ready to take evasive maneuvers, the Heli's defense is at 33 (15 + 10 [skill mastery on pilot check] + 8 [huge size mod]). Which causes the shot to go wide. round is over, so next round.

The Pilot uses a move to back away from the ship and puts the helicopter around 200 feet off of its port side. His standard is yet another evasive maneuvers check, with the same DC 33 to hit the heli. The gunner fires a salvo from the rocket pods into the side of the ship, causing the ship to take on a noticable tilt. From their tactics, Wisp can tell they're more intent on sinking the ship than her unless she does something to get their attention. Myrmidon loses this turn due to being stunned at the moment from a failed save vs. the missile which exploded. So go ahead and post Wisps' action, and then I'll post the GM post and it will be your action again.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry Az for disappearing. I went out of country and I since I didn't have a laptop I was unable to post.

Heli's toughness save: 1d20+12=16 vs. DC 30 TOU.

Take a HP for Wisp. I'm having it re-roll that.

Second roll - 1d20+12=20 (since it's below 10, +10 to roll) =30 vs DC 30. No damage. The hit causes the helicopter flicker visible a few seconds as the cloaking tries to keep up, before it fades into the background again.

Go ahead and posts wisp action in the IC thread, and I'll get the others up afterwards asap.